Elizabethton (2-2) @ Sullivan North (4-0)

EHSTrack06

I agree with getting young guys experience. However, that is what JV games and 3rd and 4th quarter routs are for. If I am a coach, this is a big game. The winner of this will most likely win the conference. I'm not going to send a young kid in on a big play just so they may get experience. Now, if the kid is talented and get the job done, then by all means send him in. But there is a time and place to send in a kid with no experience and as close and important as tomorrow's game is and will be, Friday might not be the night to do it.

I agree with that bud but i think he is going to play them in certain situations so that smith,whitehead,and others that play both ways get alittle break.

I agree with that bud but i think he is going to play them in certain situations so that smith,whitehead,and others that play both ways get alittle break.

The kid that they are looking at to start on the line is a sophomore 6'3" 230 built like Smith and has been destroying QB's on the JV, blocked 3 PAT's and a punt for a safety. He has earned his spot let’s see how he does against 12th graders. His name is Glover. EHS is going to have to get the younger ones involved more. Just look at how sophomore Zach Moore came out of nowhere to lead the team in rushing. He was not even on the radar at the start of the season. EHS has got to get the tight end involved, at least throw one pass to him to keep the defense honest. They ran a full back pass in the Vol game that went for good years and have never ran it again. Draw Draw Draw, we run the draw 100 times a night. We need to go deep more than once a game. Our QB has the arm but they know we will just throw the short pass so the D just cheats up and steps in front of those passes. Looks to be a good game at North, they will be ready.

The kid that they are looking at to start on the line is a sophomore 6'3" 230 built like Smith and has been destroying QB's on the JV, blocked 3 PAT's and a punt for a safety. He has earned his spot let’s see how he does against 12th graders. His name is Glover. EHS is going to have to get the younger ones involved more. Just look at how sophomore Zach Moore came out of nowhere to lead the team in rushing. He was not even on the radar at the start of the season. EHS has got to get the tight end involved, at least throw one pass to him to keep the defense honest. They ran a full back pass in the Vol game that went for good years and have never ran it again. Draw Draw Draw, we run the draw 100 times a night. We need to go deep more than once a game. Our QB has the arm but they know we will just throw the short pass so the D just cheats up and steps in front of those passes. Looks to be a good game at North, they will be ready.

Keep in mind there is a big diference in a 16 year old and an 18 year old! Very few sophmores canplay with seniors. Glover is a god player but JV and Varsity are two different animals. Play who can win you the game no matter what,theycan rest in non-conference games.

Cyclones-----21

North--------10

Turner played on the same peewee team with about 10 of the Raiders. He is a great young man from a fine family. The Raiders remember last year and want a chance to play again but they know we need a perfect game played our way. We will do the best we can.It is good to see a group of young men to be proud of where they are from and where they are going.Coach Norris & staff have put the pride back into this program and it is spilling over into the class rooms and the community. On a good note the game is at home with plenty of easy parking, the visiting team has their own gate and stands and we don't play rap music every time we score.( the music would not have been so bad if you had not scored so much)I hope both teams play safe.

ITS RAIDER TIME AND ITS GOOD TO WEAR BLACK AND COLD

Mondays JV game between the two should be a great one as well

The Cyclone JV beat Science Hill earlier this year in a close game and have only lost to DB, It looks to be a good matchup with North all week with the JV and even with the freshman game Thursday. Several teams will not play freshman games, Volunteer did not even show up for theirs, I think the more PT the kids get the better. I think some coaches feel why bother sending freshmen teams out to lose because the better freshmen are playing varsity and they might need them. Let the kids play as many games as they can, that's where they learn. EHS had over 30 freshman come out to play this year, thats where the teams are made.

The Cyclone JV beat Science Hill earlier this year in a close game and have only lost to DB, It looks to be a good matchup with North all week with the JV and even with the freshman game Thursday. Several teams will not play freshman games, Volunteer did not even show up for theirs, I think the more PT the kids get the better. I think some coaches feel why bother sending freshmen teams out to lose because the better freshmen are playing varsity and they might need them. Let the kids play as many games as they can, that's where they learn. EHS had over 30 freshman come out to play this year, thats where the teams are made.

Last year my son played Freshman, JV & Varsity, he loved it. There is only so much you can teach or learn on the practice field. All Norths players 7th - 12 practice on the same field with the same coaches.Coach Norris works closely with his county program. One of 1st things he did was to rename the county team the Raiders. Now they start wearing black and gold at age 8. One of my sons coaches has coached him for 8 years. This makes it like family. If one of the boys is seen doing something or even starting to hang with the wrong crowd at school the parents know before the kid gets home. I guess big schools are good for some things but in this day and time I'll stick with our little 3a school. It will be a good week for Betsy & North football

GO RAIDERS

WHAT A WAR BETSY 14 NORTH 6

1ST 1/4 0/0

1/2 6/0 NORTH

3/4 7/6 BETSY

4/4 14/6 BETSY

With a 1 minute 40 secs North let Betsy score to get the ball back but could not score.

I saw some of the best hits I have ever seen in high school football tonight from both sides.

Congrats to Betsy on a hard fought win.

Edited by 02raiderdad

Still to many dropped passes and a couple that would have been scores.Defense looked good again tonight.Is it just me or has the play calling not been very good.I hope alec whitehead is ok and if anyone hears about his injury please let us know. Well asheville is next and this game should be interesting to say the least.