South Fulton @ Humboldt

Devil_Alumni

i was referring to vollfann for making that excuse on every game. And it being a EXCUSE in general for the way out. Ur post didnt correct or change my mind on anything.

i wasnt using it as an excuse... just clearly stating it being a fact that the bigger schools do have an advantage.. especially schools that have no reason being in the same classification.. there's no arguin that.. and everyone plays the cards they are dealt instead of folding.. some things are just facts instead of excuses.. and honestly i dont care if i changed your mind. you arent that important but i did correct you so be a champ and just take it..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt using it as an excuse... just clearly stating it being a fact that the bigger schools do have an advantage.. especially schools that have no reason being in the same classification.. there's no arguin that.. and everyone plays the cards they are dealt instead of folding.. some things are just facts instead of excuses.. and honestly i dont care if i changed your mind. you arent that important but i did correct you so be a champ and just take it..

How many students attend South Fulton High School? Humboldt has approximately 375 students. We are in 2A because of the last classification when we had approximately 440 students. I believe South Fulton had 42 varsity players, and we had 36 varsity players. Many of our freshmen were dressed out for homecoming, but they do not play. Our starting qb is our starting safety. Campbell is a running back/db. Wedley is a full back/defensive lineman. Brooks is a half back/db. Woods is a tight end/linebacker. Bufford is a tackle on both sides. Torrie is a guard/linebacker. Ward is a center/linebacker. Sheppherd is a split end/safety. That is nine of our starting offensive players that also start on defense. So, I am simply saying that we have many many two way players. This is how we were beaten by MUCH bigger Henry County (100+ players and 1400 students in the school) and Milan (3A). Those schools definately don't have hardly any two way players.

How many students attend South Fulton High School? Humboldt has approximately 375 students. We are in 2A because of the last classification when we had approximately 440 students. I believe South Fulton had 42 varsity players, and we had 36 varsity players. Many of our freshmen were dressed out for homecoming, but they do not play. Our starting qb is our starting safety. Campbell is a running back/db. Wedley is a full back/defensive lineman. Brooks is a half back/db. Woods is a tight end/linebacker. Bufford is a tackle on both sides. Torrie is a guard/linebacker. Ward is a center/linebacker. Sheppherd is a split end/safety. That is nine of our starting offensive players that also start on defense. So, I am simply saying that we have many many two way players. This is how we were beaten by MUCH bigger Henry County (100+ players and 1400 students in the school) and Milan (3A). Those schools definately don't have hardly any two way players.

i'm not sure how many they have but thats the point i've been trying to make.. humboldt is one of the smaller 2a football programs.. most of the bigger ones dont have two way players.. alot of teams dont have the jr varsity and varsity.. they have just football teams.. but i agree. the point i was trying to make is that it makes a difference when players go both ways vs players that go one way at the bigger schools.. schools that have the talent and number of kids on their teams to successfully fill those positions.

i'm not sure how many they have but thats the point i've been trying to make.. humboldt is one of the smaller 2a football programs.. most of the bigger ones dont have two way players.. alot of teams dont have the jr varsity and varsity.. they have just football teams.. but i agree. the point i was trying to make is that it makes a difference when players go both ways vs players that go one way at the bigger schools.. schools that have the talent and number of kids on their teams to successfully fill those positions.

You are absolutely right! It definately makes a huge difference. Against Henry County and Milan our team just got worn down. SF has nothing to be ashamed of though. It is a solid football team. That big runner hurts defenders, and the qb has a very good arm. At the end of the first half he was picking us apart. As a long time supporter of Humboldt I have seen Humboldt change in many ways. If people knew Humboldt even 15 years ago and moved away, they'd be shocked to know that the school is down to approximately 400 students now.

You are absolutely right! It definately makes a huge difference. Against Henry County and Milan our team just got worn down. SF has nothing to be ashamed of though. It is a solid football team. That big runner hurts defenders, and the qb has a very good arm. At the end of the first half he was picking us apart. As a long time supporter of Humboldt I have seen Humboldt change in many ways. If people knew Humboldt even 15 years ago and moved away, they'd be shocked to know that the school is down to approximately 400 students now.

You are a strong supporter - what could Humboldt do - coaching wise - fan wise - player wise - academic wise - to improve?

You are a strong supporter - what could Humboldt do - coaching wise - fan wise - player wise - academic wise - to improve?

I have supported Humboldt for a long long time, but not telling my age! lol. The question you ask has an answer that is way too long for a post here. I just try to be positive about Humboldt and the kids, and it upsets me to see such a lack of support. It is easy to be negative and criticize. The hard part is supporting, guiding, and teaching. We just need more people from within the community to get involved in the everyday, mundane, and tedious aspects of the students' lives. We should all be cheering and encouraging the successes more than we do.

I have supported Humboldt for a long long time, but not telling my age! lol. The question you ask has an answer that is way too long for a post here. I just try to be positive about Humboldt and the kids, and it upsets me to see such a lack of support. It is easy to be negative and criticize. The hard part is supporting, guiding, and teaching. We just need more people from within the community to get involved in the everyday, mundane, and tedious aspects of the students' lives. We should all be cheering and encouraging the successes more than we do.

I am guilty of criticizing the coaches on many decisions - but I am also thankful that the coaches have stuck by our students. Can it co-exist. :rolleyes:

OMG greatness u didnt prove me right on anything.And whoever said we had 42 varsity players must have not been able to count because we maybe have 23 on the entire team. Just never mind u can try to make urself look good by proving something that i never said. Please go back and read my previous post and notice who they where to and the reason. Maybe u will understand but if not im sorry i tried to make it as dummy-friendly as i could. :thumb:

Well weather I like how the coaching was, and weather you all like how tired a team can get due to playing both sides of the ball or conditioning - This game is over. Humboldt won - Hope both teams learned what will help them in the future and it's time to move on.

Good luck South Fulton.

Coaches get better - there's more football to be played.

Here we go Humbold Here we go!!!

Anyone who thinks that bigger schools, with lots more boys to pick from, with twice as many boys on the team, with the ability to sub and not lose as much with the substitution, with the ability to not have to play as many boys both ways and on special teams, doesnt make a HUGE difference in a football game is being idiotic. The person, who doesnt think that a bigger school doesnt have a big, big advantage over smaller schools is thinking like a duck on a pond somewhere, or has the IQ of a small hog. It does make a difference. It makes a huge difference.

Secondly, smaller schools just have to find a way to compete....to overcome that advantage.

Thirdly, you have to play with the hand you're dealt.

Fourthly, schools like UC and Huntingdon have no business being in 1A. They should be in 2A. But, I know they cant help it.

Fifth, hearing people from bigger schools bragging about beating smaller schools, or thinking that beating smaller schools makes them tough, or great, or better than other towns, or all the other nonsense that's said on these comment threads would be laughable, if they werent so pathetic.