Tullahoma at Lincoln Co

binns37388

I think Lincoln Co got off around 13-14 plays on their last drive. I'm sure the clock was kept on the field, but we had no way of knowing how much time was left, up in the pressbox. I'm not sure the Tullahoma coaches knew how much time was left. The clock malfunctioned all night. It was good to know that Trey Burks didn't injure his knee or tear a hamstring. If the Cats could win over Warren Co and Franklin Co without Burks and sit out the open date, he would be well rested for Shelbyville. I was somewhat surprised that the Rebels beat Lawrence Co and Columbia just clobbered Shelbyville. I'm relieved that game is over. First time ever to win at the "Pit". The O line played well and Montrel Berry is getting better. Its good to have Sheffield back. Tullahoma is the only undefeated team in District 8AAA play and we owe Warren Co from last season. The Pioneers scored 49 pts tonite, but gave up 48 to White Co. Our defense is a bend but don't break unit. I don't drink much anymore, but a little sip of Crown Royal is in store after beating Lincoln Co.

I saw the ref keeping time indicate to both sides how much time was left - he would hold up one hand showing some fingers for the tens place, then hold up fingers showing the ones place. The coaches knew how much time was left - maybe most other folks didn't.

Edited by jabbo

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• You are correct.   The teacher's pay scale is virtually the same in Knox County, now, as it is at Oak Ridge.   The coaching supplements are still higher at Oak Ridge, from what I was told, but not a huge difference.   Plus, Rusty is going from a position coach to an OC position, which is what he was at South Doyle and where his comfort zone is.  And from a special education teaching slot to a PE teaching slot.  There is a lot of positivity in that move without even considering the coaching aspect.   Anybody who sees something negative here is just looking for negativity to begin with.  But some live in that world.   Really good hire for Brent.  He now has two experienced and quality coordinators and can concentrate on being a head football coach.  
    • He was pretty darn good for a freshman, but he will have a hard time seeing the field at Oakland for a good while, I’m afraid.
    • Dang I feel bad for the kid. I’m sure he loves his dad and wants to do anything for his dad but I don’t think he realizes his dad isn’t doing the best for his football career if he keeps jumping schools.
    • I’m not taking shots at the kid, but “athlete” is not something I would use to describe him. He was a long, lengthy, defensive back
    • Mistakes like that should never happen.