Player Airlifted.....Motionless After Hit

Butchie

I heard drake came out of surgery ok and that they were able to put the rod in. Can tnrec or duck be able to confirm this?? Thanks!

Just talked to tnrec and she said the surgery went great even though Drake was in a lot of pain for the moment. She's busy getting kids fed and ready for their game tonight but, wanted me to remind all about the bake sale at Rural King tomorrow. The Gleason football team will be doing a road block in Gleason tomorrow also. She wasn't sure if it was the Baptist church in Gleason or the one in McKenzie was having a yard sale to raise money for Drake tomorrow also.

This young man and his family are in our prayers. Glad he is doing good and has movement and feeling. We went thru this a few years ago with a player here in Collinwood. His situation didn't turn out as well as he is still paralized from the neck down. He just graduated from college this year and is doing well. may God bless this young man.

Just talked to tnrec and she said the surgery went great even though Drake was in a lot of pain for the moment. She's busy getting kids fed and ready for their game tonight but, wanted me to remind all about the bake sale at Rural King tomorrow. The Gleason football team will be doing a road block in Gleason tomorrow also. She wasn't sure if it was the Baptist church in Gleason or the one in McKenzie was having a yard sale to raise money for Drake tomorrow also.

I believe someone is having a yard sale in gleason. Maybe both towns will be doing one!!!

Not sure what the bake sale raised but went by there and came away with supper tonight and a couple of feedin's for the big duck tomorrow and Monday! The Gleason football team raised over $2000 in their 2 hour roadblock today!!!! In a JV game and at the South Fulton games there have been another $1500 or so raised just passing the hat. Lots of other donations to the cause coming in also.

I talked to Drake's grandparents and aunt at the bake sale this AM and they are just blown away and extremely thankful for the outpouring of support for Drake and the family so keep it up friends. They told me that Drake just couldn't believe so many people cared about him. Actually, he's so excited about all the support that they have to suppress fever with him a little but it's a good fight now. His room is wallpapered with all the cards that all are sending!!!

What is it all worth...........the cards, the visits from the Bulldogs today, the support and prayers..................................Drake moved his left foot today!!! That's what it's worth.

Drake will be moved to Atlanta for rehab soon. I will be sure his address there is posted. His mom will be going with him. The cards and love offerings will still be very much in need. Not only will he be rehabing but, also keeping up with his school work there I'm told. The best news is that with patients in Drake's current condition the Center he is going to has a 95% or better success rate!!

As a friend of the family and a coachT'er, I want to thank everyone on here who has prayed, sent a card and or a love offering to Drake. And if you can find it in you to hang in here with me we're gonna see a miracle!!!!