McKenzie visits Humboldt

McKRebelDad

Zebra...while I appreciate the energy..I understand the where, the who, and the classifications of each school. I'll say it again...Humboldt does not have enough depth on defense to play 4 quarters with McKenzie..(they are thin)...I don't care if they dress out the band! Humboldt's participation is down from last year's team. They (the defense)get tired IF their offense does not sustain long drives...which so far..they've not been able to do. Also...Humboldt's attendance at home and away is extremely below average regardless of their population. I've not seen the most recent census numbers...but I know what most Gibson Co. & Carroll Co. crowds look like and Humboldt's is "below average" at best! No where in my post did I compare either team to the Patriots....If I did..I would like for you to remind me. If Milan had Humboldt's crowds at their home games...Coach Morris would jump off the roof of the press box at Johnnie Hale Stadium! Same thing for McKenzie...the team actually playing Friday..there will be 3 Rebel fans for every Viking fan in attendance. Trust me!

Well, I don't know it this is a contribution to this debate or not but the Rebels only lists 49 players ( we got about one coach for every 7 players though if you break down the math)! Maybe that has something to do with it all????

As far as community support goes, when Humboldt becomes a contender every season again, the crowd will come back. may not be right but, it's the way it is. And as we all know, there is a price tag that comes with all that.

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously have never lived in Humboldt. I grew up there in the 90's. The city hasn't really changed much since then.. but the whole "Medina" thing is what really took alot of kids out of the school system. Humboldt fans are the type that will show for a big game in ex. Milan it was packed.. but when teams like South Ful. or Halls come to town no one will show outside of family, students & the few die heart fans.. but you need to understand that quite a few kids on this team have different family situations than normal.. so do us all a favor and lay off the crowd mess if they show they show but if they dont they dont.. either way the game will still go on i dont believe crowd is a big factor in these small class west tn high school football games.

Exactly, I could get on here and tell you how - dagummit there goes those angry fingers :angry:

So I will stay away from that.

I'm here to say Go Vikings - Give it ur all - If Mckenzie wins let them know we are a team to reckon with.

If Humboldt wins - what does that say for Mckenzie.

Edited by redgold83

Exactly, I could get on here and tell you how - dagummit there goes those angry fingers :angry:

So I will stay away from that.

I'm here to say Go Vikings - Give it ur all - If Mckenzie wins let them know we are a team to reckon with.

If Humboldt wins - what does that say for Mckenzie.

Poor Officiating? :roflolk: Blind Squirrel Theory :roflol: But You Won't Be Getting A Cherry, We've Been Whooped By Better And Probably Worse...But Tomorrow Night Barring A Miracle You Will Score Another Loss. :thumb:

Well, I don't know it this is a contribution to this debate or not but the Rebels only lists 49 players ( we got about one coach for every 7 players though if you break down the math)! Maybe that has something to do with it all????

As far as community support goes, when Humboldt becomes a contender every season again, the crowd will come back. may not be right but, it's the way it is. And as we all know, there is a price tag that comes with all that.

Correct - but we have 7 coaches also. Lane, Bland, Yates, Cox, Shep, Bonds, and forgive me but I don't know the other coach. :)

We have some very caring and supporting fans, we don't always agree with what's going on the field, but our parents support their children. Nothing we can do about the others.

Thanks for coming to the rescue.

Look at the scores against our competion so far. The Rebels can play some serious D friend. They will bend but, don't break very much at all. It's a ping pong match to compare last years players agains this years replacements but, the big picture is that the Rebels still play DANG good D. Can't say that we have another Oz on the team but, his replacement is none the less someone to be reckoned with if you go his way!!!

Guess I'd suggest that the Viking D worry about how to deal with our O more than worry about our D. They got to stop us to beat us............. Good luck.

AND PLEASE let this be a safe and injury free game this week!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, the Rebels do play good defense. I would dare to say that maybe our defense is as good as it was last year, too...maybe, just maybe...perhaps just a tad bit better than last years defense? That's statistically speaking of course.

In the first 5 ball games last year, McKenzie gave up 1142 yards on defense...and this year, having played the same teams as last year so far...we've given up 1069 yards on defense.