McKenzie visits Humboldt

McKRebelDad

This thread should be about McK vs Humb and not about how many people will be at this game. I'm sure the Vikings would love more in the stands but I would just about guarentee they will play 100% regardless. They are an extremely talented football and I for one am looking forward to see them play. Sort of bias here and will boost the Rebs all I can but I for one hope there aren't many kids from Humb reading this mess because this is the last thing they need to see.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You apparently are trying to rally the troops or don't read very well! If you will go back and read, I said that Humboldt is very talented, Quan Campbell might be the best athlete in West TN...so, people like me?..really? I think I mentioned how I'd like to see Humboldt pull this one out..but I'm not confident they will...so there may be smiling to your face...but the talk is to your face as well. Good luck Vikings...show up Humboldt and support Coach Bland's team...it's your team too!

Haven't gotten over your comment about Milan coach jumping at the size of our crowd. That was a very low down comment coming from you. What would he do at the size of your crowd.

This thread should be about McK vs Humb and not about how many people will be at this game. I'm sure the Vikings would love more in the stands but I would just about guarentee they will play 100% regardless. They are an extremely talented football and I for one am looking forward to see them play. Sort of bias here and will boost the Rebs all I can but I for one hope there aren't many kids from Humb reading this mess because this is the last thing they need to see.

OK, I'm done.

Thank you, now we gonna whoop ur butt Friday night........ :roflol:

Really though, I hope for a great game and everyone comes out healthy. We know we are coming in for big game and it should be fun to watch. I'm very interested in seeing how we both match up against each other.

I recognize how much of an underdog we are, last year we lost by 8, that's all good football to me. I really believe it's not weather you win or lose, it's how you play the game. If we give all we can and get drug through the mud I have no issues. I got high hopes for some key players to show out, win lose or draw - I love the game!!!

Go big Red Vikings. :roflol:

I recognize how much of an underdog we are, last year we lost by 8, that's all good football to me. I really believe it's not weather you win or lose, it's how you play the game. If we give all we can and get drug through the mud I have no issues. I got high hopes for some key players to show out, win lose or draw - I love the game!!!

Go big Red Vikings. :roflol:

I agree with most of what you said. The only thing I see different is the underdog role here. I don't think many Rebel fans would say you are the underdog at all. We are pretty confident in what we will bring to the table but I know for a fact we aren't chalking this one up as a W. It will be a hard fought contest for sure and I hope for a couple of our key players to show out also and trust me we have a few who can.

Chavez looked good early on the kick off team as well he made two tackles on two kicks in a row...they double teamed him on the third one. The whole JV looked real good. I think it was a total shame it took so long to get em in the game tho. We had a really big lead and could have gave some boys a look a lot earlier in the game, might wish we did as we go deeper in the season.

Look forward to a good game friday night. Rebels by 10 at least. I read in a post that Vikings struggle some in the secondary not good for them if thats true. The REBELS passing game looking better every game, not many dropped balls lately and the O line is picking up D line stunts better as well. Hope for a safe and fair game friday. GO REBELS!!!

P.S.

Champion, Reed, and many many more Vikings have played some great football in the past...I left a few games early to see em play as well. haha

Chavez played some early on...Comer likes to get the clock running non stop and then sub. Just a fact. Chavez gonna be a hoss if he's up to the challenge!!

Quan Campbell is about as good an athlete as there is in West TN.. both this season and last. However, Humboldt's offensive line does not get the push up front to allow him many "descent" opportunities. The Vikings play what I would call "good" defense..especially early. However, if there is one thing that the Vikings struggle with it's depth. They are extremely thin!..they play hard...but they are thin! I doubt they dress 45 kids. McKenzie will have more fans at Humboldt than will the Vikings...therefore..there will be no "home field" advantage. Unless Quan Campbell has a ridiculous night...this should be all Rebels! I hope both teams play well and would love to see the Vikings snag this one...I just seriously doubt it will happen!

Prez, i have read this entire thread. For some reason, you struck a nerve with the Viking fans. Even though i now live in Nashville, i still love me some West Tn football. I do agree with your post tho, i saw Humboldt play last year at home a couple times including the HC game and there wasn't much home field advantage as you say. They've never been really deep that i can remember but Quan Campbell may be the difference maker. If the Vikings do not turn it over much, they may have a shot at beating Mckenzie. Don't worry about the Vikings posters getting stirred up, they words you spoke are true, sometimes it's hard to hear when it's your team that others are calling out.

i was at a midstate game last week, does anyone know how many yards Campbell had against South Fulton? TDs? How did SF score 27?

also, Humboldt is 2-0 in the district and I hear UC is extremely down, who will be the toughest district game left? can Humboldt go undefeated in the district?

Everyone Knows It's More Fun To Be A Winner. The More Games Ya Win The More Fans That Come And The More Kids Sign Up To Play......Thus Gibson County Highschool....There Are More Talented Kids In The Hall Than On The Field.....They Don't Wanna Be Associated With A Losing Team....And Like It Was Said When Humboldt Starts Winning 80% Or More Of Their Games The Stands Will Be Packed.

It Stinks But It's True....Now When Mckenzie Had Drew Hayes In Baseball The Team And The Fans Coulda Rode One Bus To The Games.....But When We Played For State There Was The Fans...Just Like They Had Been There All Along...Cheering Them On.

Now Let's Get Back To Football....Quan Is Gonna Get His Yards But So Is Mckenzie...And I Say That Because Mckenzie Is A Balanced Offense And You Can't Stop All Of Em.....But Our Defense Will Find A Way To Slow Cambell Up Enough To Beat Ya.... :twisted: