What's wrong with Halls?

btgoG

I wasn't trolling on the message board. I simply stated that I don't believe the head coach will leave the community (I believe you say as much in your post). I also don't believe he will be fired by the administration of the school nor should he be. I also don't believe that he will fire any of his assistants. Some assistants may move on of their own choice. I also believe there will be many in the community who will be unhappy with this. I guess if I don't post the latest gossip or rumor that the head coach is going to place X and the school is going to hire coach Y then I am trying to troll for a response. Interesting that you think I am trolling when you began the post as "What is wrong with Halls?"

I guess I took your post wrong.

For that, I apologize.

It's the "grumbling parents" part that got me off on a tangent.

Go Red Devils!

Edited by btgoG

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do too. It just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

It's been the offense that has had me troubled since 2008. But as a head coach you bare the full brunt of criticism. I think a total rethink will now be addressed and hopefully we close the back gate again and keep our athletes home.

You are wise man.

I pray that we can see positive change, whatever that entails.

The kids may not be happy right now, but they are still playing with pride.

Edited by btgoG

You are wise man.

I pray that we can see positive change, whatever that entails.

The kids may not be happy right now, but they are still playing with pride.

I'm glad KJ is staying. He still needs to make some changes in assistants and perhaps that's in the works. He knows his defensive stuff but he needs help in the offensive department, and I don't necessarily mean that the Wing T needs to be scrapped. Like others have pointed out previously, we ran the Wing T when Julian first started and Coach Ward's help was invaluable then. It showed when he left. Halls needs that type of offensive mind to be successful.

I'm glad KJ is staying. He still needs to make some changes in assistants and perhaps that's in the works. He knows his defensive stuff but he needs help in the offensive department, and I don't necessarily mean that the Wing T needs to be scrapped. Like others have pointed out previously, we ran the Wing T when Julian first started and Coach Ward's help was invaluable then. It showed when he left. Halls needs that type of offensive mind to be successful.

Good post. I'm glad the whispers were not correct. I am hopeful for a new offense myself. I know it will come eventually. The Wing-t isn't a bad offense in itself but a decades worth of frustration may tell some tales for our program.

A good observation on Coach Ward he used his offensive weapons to the best of their ability. You could say he was a little sneaky about it. I think his best coached game was the Halls Maryville at Maryville. We actually scared the beejeebees out of some of the Rebs parents I know. 30-22 I think it ended up. Most teams don't play toe to toe at their place. When you have balance you will make the playoffs.

Just sayin...how do we know waht KJ will do, the principle may choose to remove him as coach, KJ may choose to go to Cathloic after they get rid of there coach, he maight just choose to stay at Halls and not coach, we really dont know what is going to happen now do we?

Do you think Kevin would be willing to take an assistant coaching job somewhere, or would he hold out for a head coaching position?

Except for Burnette - don't really know Templeton that well except he was small at the time, but Blakely caused nothing but problems with the team and kept an attitude. Maybe that is why some say the coaches thought he was useless.

Maybe you are confusing a bad attitude with a desire to win attitude. My son played a couple of years with Chad Blakley on Tim Bright's team. Tim was an exceptional head coach and had one or two very knowledgeable and motivating assistant coaches. My son had a great time and learned a lot about football during his time playing for Tim and his staff. Chad went to Anderson Co. where the coaches and players were glad to have him on the team. Let's look at Chad's stats and see if you'll agree. 935 total yards; yards per carry 7.3; total tackles 47; touchdowns 10. So while we're at it let's look at two other kids that could have improved last years 4-6 season, but choose to play for other schools as well. Davy Templeton (Rockwood) total yards 951; yards per carry 8.9; tackles 52. Chris Campbell (Grace Christian Academy) total yards 1,218; yards per carry 8.8; tackles 51; touchdowns 22. So let's just add the total yardage, that's 3,104 for these three players. Do you think this might have helped your 4-6 season? Please respond.