Monterey@Watertown

woody71

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monterey-28 Watertown-0

Ouch Woody! we shall see...i'll make it down to this one...i say its a bit closer than that...i believe this will test what H2O is trying to do from the defensive side of the ball. wing t done right makes you play assignment football...can't get caught up in all that whoopty doopty...

And Croz,

chill pill dude...or are you one of those last word having folks? that cool...whatever floats your boat...

juvenile, I'm not...i can assure you of that...jsut trying to liven things up....

and for the record...I don't have to like you to agree with you...you make valid points about the outlook for the season...and I'm sure all you blue tigers will be rip roaring on the 15th...i believe you owe WHS for the past two years...this is your year...glad you got friendship wish you got TC...nuff said? Hey make sure y'all got that air horn gassed up for our matchup I'd hate to go home being able to hear.

Peace out

Can't wait to see how this game turns out. Got a young team from Watertown that has gotten a little more confindence, even tho the wins were against two awful teams, but regardless they know how winning feels now. Then you've got an improved Monterey don't know much about them but i know its always a good matchup between teams. Gotta take the Tigers in this one tho, if they can simple things down for the young QB and get him in a groove of the position then he'll be a playmaker down the road for the tigers.

I'll admit I was wrong about this game.

I was told the score was 38-27 in Watertown's favor.

I talked to someone in the third quarter, and it was 24 all.

I knew it would be close but I figured Monterey would win, and I was told Monterey kink of packed it in.

Not sure, but congrats H2O.

Can anyone verify the final score?

Can anyone verify the final score?

croz and woody - crow for breakfast isn't too tasty huh.

VERY close game throughout! On the outside it looked to be a #### for tat second, butin retrospect, watertown scored on two offensive drops one score from a skill and one from a big nasty for about 30 yards a piece...very little offense from the purple tigers...kicking game looked good...hit one from 35 had lots more leg, that could come into play down the road...sputtering offense and a decent kicker!

Montery pretty much relied on #20 to move the ball...and move the ball he did...difference in the game water did not tackle him in the first half and they did in the second half.

Proud of those boys...like isaid all it took..IMHO was a little confidence to get the ball rolling...worldbeaters they're...but for at least the next 7 days they're 2-2...enjoy the victory WTown

No crow for me, didn't really care, I just thought Monterey would win.

I'm glad for Watertown.

The Lebanon Democrat said that Thornton(#20) hurt his arm and only got two carries in the second half. It doesn't matter, you still have to win with who you got, but I'm sure he would've affected the game. The paper had him at 13 carries for 162 yards, I believe.

After winning this game, it looks like H2O will go 5-5, and they'll need some help to get in the playoffs. Hope it happens.

That score is correct. Good game. I don't think Monterey packed it in, We made some stops when we had too. I think Monterey could have won if they had to gone to #20 or #13 on every play. #20 killed us on the corners but they got away from that.

I was told by a fan that Monterey kind of dropped their heads. Just going on what I was told.

I was also told that Monterey ran the I some. They didn't run it against Gville.

It doesn't sound like H2O stopped it, but they was able to hang in there against.

I'd say they hadn't seen Monterey run it on film, so kudos to them for being able to stick in there against an offensive package they didn't gameplan for.