occhs football

ocucsf

P & G....I completely agree 100% with you. The Westview game will be over by halftime. Milan, your beat before you get on the field because ...well just because.

I know how these kids have been practicing at Central. Many of you on here disagree with me but listen up and listen up good. Most teams...in our area practice in the afternoons....not mornings. Why do that? They only two teams in western tennessee that practice like that is the OCCHS Rebels and Dyersburg. Are you winning and are they winning ? NO ! Conditioning is very important. Defense WINS games. In any sport. You press in basketball, you make outstanding plays in baseball, etc. More thn likely, the teams the Rebels have on their schedule score lots of poits. Look at their defense and the other team they hold to low numbers in points. If there is No chemistry, there is No team. Chemistry starts well before Friday night. Now, for Example, Union City's Jr. High is smoking everyone this year, now 8 - 0 and Lake road is in that ( 8 ) with a blowout. These kids will carry over. They are running and playing UCHS style football. Coach Williams....our Jr. high coach works well with our high school coaches. He is at all games and works with Coach Bowling. This is what builds winning programs.

IF Union City's Jr. High program is as awesome as you say, then why do they still refuse to play W.O. Inman Middle School in Paris? A better question is this...why are they so intent on not allowing Inman Middle to join their conference? I'm sure your team is really good..but the only team in NW TN that will play Inman is Martin (who btw play this Thursday). Inman does not play any of the other 3 middle schools in the county...my question is..why does Union City play Lake Road Middle??...Why??

Edited by QBClubPrez

Obion Central...most West Tennesseans want to believe in the Rebels. Each year..your athletes look good, your participation is high..and each year..I personally want to buy in...BUT..we saw you scrimmage this year early...again the team looks strong and athletic..both on defense and offense...and then they fold early! Speaking for the majority of West TN..."SHOW US SOMETHING" this week against the Chargers!! We wanna believe!!

IF Union City's Jr. High program is as awesome as you say, then why do they still refuse to play W.O. Inman Middle School in Paris? A better question is this...why are they so intent on not allowing Inman Middle to join their conference? I'm sure your team is really good..but the only team in NW TN that will play Inman is Martin (who btw play this Thursday). Inman does not play any of the other 3 middle schools in the county...my question is..why does Union City play Lake Road Middle??...Why??

UC played Martin Middle...Humboldt...Halls...Northview...Dyersburg...Lake County...They played whoever is their district...They play Munford tomorrow night and will play Inman,win or lose,in the first round of the Middle School Playoffs...

I'm not so sure UC has the final say of who is in or out of their district...I doubt they have that kind of clout...It's probably a joint effort, if an effort at all...

McKenzie is playing Inman every year??...I see they had an Obion Co School System team, Ridgemont, who was 3-5, that they invited to play in their bowl game...

BTW..That was the first time UC had ever played Lake Road and they have only played one other OC feeder school and that is Hillcrest.....

Obion Central...most West Tennesseans want to believe in the Rebels. Each year..your athletes look good, your participation is high..and each year..I personally want to buy in...BUT..we saw you scrimmage this year early...again the team looks strong and athletic..both on defense and offense...and then they fold early! Speaking for the majority of West TN..."SHOW US SOMETHING" this week against the Chargers!! We wanna believe!!

No they don't...

UCGrad, Gibson Co. used to have 5 schools and now that South Gibson is built, we have 4 schools feeding into Gibson Co. Two of those schools are nowhere near as big as the 4 that feed into Obion Co. Yorkville and Spring Hill have maybe 175-200 kids per school in K-8. Rutherford and Dyer are a bit bigger, but nothing like Ridgemont. In my opinion, I think GC should consolidate the 4 schools together (which will never happen). We have consolidated the jr. high football teams into the Jr. Pioneers, but I still think they could consolidate the 4 schools together.

• 4 weeks later...

Thoughts on the season? ??

Offense was very good with a 2000 yard passer and a 1000 yard rusher. Defense was very inconsistent. We were a legitimate 7-3 team in my opinion, just couldn't close out a couple of games. Hopefully, with what we have coming back, those close losses will turn into wins next year. Already ready for it to begin!