Check out Morgancountynews.net

hooters

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that article is correct, that is classless. If i'm wartburg up 49-14 with a few to go in the fourth i give my 2's a chance to play to win. they have to learn how to play too. can't blame oakadle for being upset. it wont be that way against oz.

Well, I suppose I agree here that having starters in the game that late with a big lead was unneccesary. But I also think that Oakdale's coach is blowing it a little out of proportion. He shouldn't apologize for kicking an onside kick when he's down by a bunch of points. I mean, what did he have to lose? The Oakdale coach is young and needs to realize that football is football. Again, I DON'T agree with having starters in that late, but sometimes stuff happens and yes, Wartburg has been on the other side of that coin too many times. And as far as that not happening against OS; well you're probably right, but please realize that this is a VERY good Wartburg team and from what I saw from OS the other night, they're not the team they were last year, so.... BTW Wartburg folks, didn't HUtchison play against Oakdale? Was he limited?

Well, I suppose I agree here that having starters in the game that late with a big lead was unneccesary. But I also think that Oakdale's coach is blowing it a little out of proportion. He shouldn't apologize for kicking an onside kick when he's down by a bunch of points. I mean, what did he have to lose? The Oakdale coach is young and needs to realize that football is football. Again, I DON'T agree with having starters in that late, but sometimes stuff happens and yes, Wartburg has been on the other side of that coin too many times. And as far as that not happening against OS; well you're probably right, but please realize that this is a VERY good Wartburg team and from what I saw from OS the other night, they're not the team they were last year, so.... BTW Wartburg folks, didn't HUtchison play against Oakdale? Was he limited?

lack of class from the head coach period.

If that article is correct, that is classless. If i'm wartburg up 49-14 with a few to go in the fourth i give my 2's a chance to play to win. they have to learn how to play too. can't blame oakadle for being upset. it wont be that way against oz.

2009 coalfield vs os

coalfield=====2

os============48

i never saw backups for os, so if you don't think every team has done it, your wrong. I'm not saying it wasn't wrong. what I'm saying is people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

2009 coalfield vs os

coalfield=====2

os============48

i never saw backups for os, so if you don't think every team has done it, your wrong. I'm not saying it wasn't wrong. what I'm saying is people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Sorry SoreDad, but your dead wrong!! My son started on both sides of the ball last year for OZ, and he and two of his fellow lineman, never saw the field in the fourth quarter of the Coalfield game, and the back up quarterback played most of the fourth quarter. Please try to get your facts straight before posting. You can say what you want about Coach Brackett, but, I NEVER witnessed him run up a score on any team with starters, once the game was in hand. Not that anyone would have blamed him considering some of the lop sided defeats he took in his first few years!!

Sorry SoreDad, but your dead wrong!! My son started on both sides of the ball last year for OZ, and he and two of his fellow lineman, never saw the field in the fourth quarter of the Coalfield game, and the back up quarterback played most of the fourth quarter. Please try to get your facts straight before posting. You can say what you want about Coach Brackett, but, I NEVER witnessed him run up a score on any team with starters, once the game was in hand. Not that anyone would have blamed him considering some of the lop sided defeats he took in his first few years!!

Wartburg actually never had the entire starting lineups in after the first quarter, and it was all backups who started the second half. the starters only played one series the entire second half.(got film from both games so facts are right on).

Says you, I too have a CD of every game that both of my sons played in High School, I watched last years game last night. The only starters OZ had on the field after the 3rd quarter were position players that he did not have a back-up for, and everyone of those kids was either a juniors or Soph. You need to view YOUR tape again, then throw out those sour grapes! :angry:

Edited by catback

Wartburg actually never had the entire starting lineups in after the first quarter, and it was all backups who started the second half. the starters only played one series the entire second half.(got film from both games so facts are right on).

Thor's pop, did Hutchison play against Oakdale? I didn't see his name in the paper, and normally he has about 40 tackles, so I was just curious.

Says you, I too have a CD of every game that both of my sons played in High School, I watched last years game last night. The only starters OZ had on the field after the 3rd quarter were position players that he did not have a back-up for, and everyone of those kids was either a juniors or Soph. You need to view YOUR tape again, then throw out those sour grapes! :angry:

check scores of os last couple of years vs Hancock Co,Oakdale,Coalfield,Clay Co, etc... os is who runs scores up and those are the facts for you catB