Elizabethton (3-3) @ Unicoi (0-6)

EHSTrack06

This week could be open auditions for the LB spot. With Whitehead out with the broken ribs, Nanney with the knee, and Hubbard (who was filling in for Whitehead) all hurt, someone's gonna have to step up to the plate. Do you move #4 from outside to inside? If so, then that opens up two outside LB spots this week. Could be interesting to see how things work out.

You still have Moore and TT in the backfield and when Berry tucks it, he is hard to bring down. There is a good freshman Pearson may see some PT in the backfield. Redd is comming on strong as a go-to passing guy, he has not dropped one yet. Clayton Smith could get some PT in the back field to rest Luke he is a load with very good speed. At LB you may see Jarred Whitehead or Tyler Whitlock both could play WLB then Bryan Mullins fills in on the line. With the loss of Austin we are getting low in the depth department. Tray Dennis and Chase Baker and Ian Glover are going to have to take up the slack. If Elizabethton gets on top fast and stops the mistakes, we should see a lot of the younger kids get to play. Edited by CycloneCyclone

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still have Moore and TT in the backfield and when Berry tucks it, he is hard to bring down. There is a good freshman Pearson may see some PT in the backfield. Redd is comming on strong as a go-to passing guy, he has not dropped one yet. Clayton Smith could get some PT in the back field to rest Luke he is a load with very good speed. At LB you may see Jarred Whitehead or Tyler Whitlock both could play WLB then Bryan Mullins fills in on the line. With the loss of Austin we are getting low in the depth department. Tray Dennis and Chase Baker and Ian Glover are going to have to take up the slack. If Elizabethton gets on top fast and stops the mistakes, we should see a lot of the younger kids get to play.

This may sound crazy to some but i think you leave #4 at wlb and consider lucas birchfield at the olb/stand up end spot. If i have noticed right lucas is no longer starting at the cb position. he is getting playing time there but i think he could be some use at this spot. he has the size to shed of the blockers and the speed to contain the sweeps and the option. just my two cents worth :popcorneater:

This may sound crazy to some but i think you leave #4 at wlb and consider lucas birchfield at the olb/stand up end spot. If i have noticed right lucas is no longer starting at the cb position. he is getting playing time there but i think he could be some use at this spot. he has the size to shed of the blockers and the speed to contain the sweeps and the option. just my two cents worth :popcorneater:

Because of all the kids we have out right now that's not a bad idea.It's at least worth a try maybe.

You might try it but he would have to step up . At that spot you cant avoid contact,you have to stck your nose in every play. You might roll Bradley up and Birchfeild deep. That why we pay Shawn the big bucks.lol

You still have Moore and TT in the backfield and when Berry tucks it, he is hard to bring down. There is a good freshman Pearson may see some PT in the backfield. Redd is comming on strong as a go-to passing guy, he has not dropped one yet. Clayton Smith could get some PT in the back field to rest Luke he is a load with very good speed. At LB you may see Jarred Whitehead or Tyler Whitlock both could play WLB then Bryan Mullins fills in on the line. With the loss of Austin we are getting low in the depth department. Tray Dennis and Chase Baker and Ian Glover are going to have to take up the slack. If Elizabethton gets on top fast and stops the mistakes, we should see a lot of the younger kids get to play.

The offensive depth doesn't worry me too much. I don't think you'll see the D-lineman dropping back to linebacker any...they are relied upon way too much where they are now. One possible solution is playing more of a 4-3 look instead of 3-4...at least until we get some bodies back from injury. You could shift Matt Smith or Jarred Whitehead down to a D-tackle and insert Mullins at the D-end. That would eliminate the need for 1 extra linebacker.

The offensive depth doesn't worry me too much. I don't think you'll see the D-lineman dropping back to linebacker any...they are relied upon way too much where they are now. One possible solution is playing more of a 4-3 look instead of 3-4...at least until we get some bodies back from injury. You could shift Matt Smith or Jarred Whitehead down to a D-tackle and insert Mullins at the D-end. That would eliminate the need for 1 extra linebacker.

We are also over looking the TE Phillips playing in one of the middle LB spots. Big Body, could make some good stops I don't know about him on the outside, but maybe.

ththreadsneaker.gif

Just taking a peek to see what the weathers been like up in E-town, any Cyclones brewing? Too early to start the Cyclone/CAK thread, but we've got the week off (finally) so I thought I would drop in on our Upper East TN friends a see what we can expect in a couple of weeks when you travel down to K-town. Sounds as if you guys have improved over the course of the season and are playing good ball. My Warriors are too inconsistant for my liking, but still managing to win along the way. How bout an update on the QB & WR/DB/K that got injured last year? (Hope all is well)