CAK @ Scott Co.

FootballDad

This game will be more even than the CAK fans think.Alcoa is an impressive team in every aspect of the game.Their abillity to strip the ball from a carrier was unreal.That really hurt the highlanders.Scott's D is better than most teams give them credit for.If scott can get their O back in gear .this game will be close in the fourth quarter.That is when the small number of highlanders begin to get tired and may struggle in the end.Hope for a good game with no injuries. :thumb:

Nice username :thumb: Matter of fact, its how I feel about this game. TimeLtell whether CAK's defense has shaken off the cobbwebs and can limit the Scott offense. TimeLtell whether 4 straight games on the road has taken any toll on the Warriors enthusiasm and determination. TimeLtell if somebody other than Alcoa can find an answer for the CAK air assault.

I for one am a CAK fan that believes this could be a scary game for the Warriors. I also believe CAK is the better overall team (based on last years game and results so far this year) and should win the game. But the better team does not always win as we know. CAK has had some blowout wins, and we have had a shootout nailbiter with Loudon. We've faced wingt, veer & option teams, as well as an unexpected passing team in Carter. Scott will be the best passing attack we've faced and probably will face. TimeLtell.

NOTE: This will be the 3rd team in a row that CAK has faced that has had an extra week to prepare for the Warriors with a bye week. Whats up with that?

Edited by FootballDad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another variable to think about. I checked the weather for game day, it's looking pretty cool. How will playing in something else other than high temps and humidity affect the Warriors? I am thinking this is a BIG time boost for CAK.

I'm curious JD, how do you see cooler temps being a particular advantage for The Warriors? I hope you're right, just curious what your thought is.

Edited by Govolsknox

Nice username :thumb: Matter of fact, its how I feel about this game. TimeLtell whether CAK's defense has shaken off the cobbwebs and can limit the Scott offense. TimeLtell whether 4 straight games on the road has taken any toll on the Warriors enthusiasm and determination. TimeLtell if somebody other than Alcoa can find an answer for the CAK air assault.

I for one am a CAK fan that believes this could be a scary game for the Warriors. I also believe CAK is the better overall team (based on last years game and results so far this year) and should win the game. But the better team does not always win as we know. CAK has had some blowout wins, and we have had a shootout nailbiter with Loudon. We've faced wingt, veer & option teams, as well as an unexpected passing team in Carter. Scott will be the best passing attack we've faced and probably will face. TimeLtell.

NOTE: This will be the 3rd team in a row that CAK has faced that has had an extra week to prepare for the Warriors with a bye week. Whats up with that?

Seriously! What is up with that? No need to take a week off before little old CAK.bandit.gif

I'm curious JD, how do you see cooler temps being a particular advantage for The Warriors?

I have to agree cooler temps means nothing, it will be cooler on both sides of the ball, anyway, I don't think you will see a more talented team than we saw at Loudon until we face Alcoa yes Scott may very well throw it around but do they have the skill people Loudon did and for what it's worth do they have any taller recievers than we saw at Carter? I'm sorry but I see this differently than most, I may be 100% off base but I think you will see a CAK team hungry for a big win espically on the defensive side of the ball, they have something to prove again this week, if the Scott QB is like the Loudon QB or is better with a quick release then the d front will have to make the plays when they can i.e. stop the run, 39,75,71,67,and 78 will need to stop what they can stop meaning if they don't have the time to pressure the QB stop everything else, let the linebackers and d backs stop the pass espically the little 5-6 yard out passes. I see this game being a couple of ways, if our guys are ready to play both on offense which has not been a problem yet and on defense this game could become a blowout, on the other hand if the d does not stop Scotts O it could be very close I don't think there will be an in between, anyway good luck to the warriors and lets go into the bye week 7-0 and keep both CAK and Scott injury free.

CAK should score plenty of points. Can Scott keep pace? We must be patient and realize that the Highlanders have a tallented QB and some nice receivers. They will dink & dunk (screens, 5yd cross, outs) and scramble around and will pick up first downs and run the clock. They moved the ball some between the 20's against Alcoa but just couldn't stick it in the endzone (except for 60+yd TD in first Qtr on bubble/tunnel screen for a 7-7 score at the time). We will most likely have to live with "bending" on D, we just don't want to "break" more than a time or two or this thing could easily turn into a shootout like we had in Loudon. I'd love for our D to shut these guys down and give our offense time to build a comfortable lead. Our D is capable and will be needed more than ever down the stretch. Nows the time for them to step forward (Sequoyah game was not really a good test) and prove themselves.

4 consecutive games on the road, injuries, mid-season lull, and a big #2 bullseye painted on their chest,..... step forward and push through it guys, we believe in you :thumb:

This could be a near shootout like Louden but not near as close CAK will out shoot Scott in the end. 51 31

Scott may get a few big plays and get some points off the passing game/running qb who will make big plays. We'll see if CAK's defense can contain the big plays. Scott county's defense has the same challenge. whichever defense can contain the big plays will probably win the game :popcorneater: