Chew-ooga Time

MVM

The secret squirrel cabal have tallied the votes for this week's Nooga top 10. A few changes have occurred, so watch yourself.

1) Baylor...Yea,Yea ,Yea. I wish they were all this easy.

2) GPS...Can they hang with the girls in red this week.

3) Soddy-Daisy...Continues with it's district games this week.

4) The Lady Leperucauns...Big wins over EHHS and Signal Mtn..has got them on the move.

5) CCS...Their playin the Irish this week...WOW, I would love to be there.

6) Signal Mtn...Their playin CCS this week...Wow, I would love to be there also.

7) McMinn Co...Plays Bearden AND Maryville this week. Good luck girls.

8) East Hamilton...

9) Cleveland..

10)CSAS..

Some Games to Watch

CCS vs Signal Mtn

CCS vs ND

ND vs Baylor

Baylor vs GPS

EHHS vs CSAS

Edited by MVM

(Unofficial)

Signal Mountain 2

CCS 1

I was told SM was down 1-0 and came back to win 2-1...this kinda shakes up the district (if the forfeit of Signal Mt to Sequatchie,as rumored due to ineligible SM player stays correct), and make the game Thursday of CCS v Notre Dame as critical game for both teams...

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

(Unofficial)

Signal Mountain 2

CCS 1

I was told SM was down 1-0 and came back to win 2-1...this kinda shakes up the district (if the forfeit of Signal Mt to Sequatchie,as rumored due to ineligible SM player stays correct), and make the game Thursday of CCS v Notre Dame as critical game for both teams...

D

I got to admit...Your district tournament should be very interesting this year.

Baylor 0

Simone Busby 0

Champs, see if I have this correct:

District records

* indicates all games completed

1 ND 2-0 CCS to play

2 CCS 1-1 ND to play

3 Sequatchie 1-2* forfeit loss to ND, forfeit win to SM so head-to-head to SC

4 Signal Mtn 1-2* forfeit loss to SC,

ND wins on Thursday, outright winner and the seeding below it gets weird. Anyone know the tiebreaker rules?

ND loses on Thursday, CCS wins on head-to-head and top two flip-flop and CCS gets to play SM in the opening round. ND essentially moves on to region play. (no disrespect intended to SC.)

Edited by Rabble Rouser
  • Upvote 1

Baylor 0

Simone Busby 0

Champs, see if I have this correct:

District records

* indicates all games completed

1 ND 2-0 CCS to play

2 CCS 1-1 ND to play

3 Sequatchie 1-2* forfeit loss to ND, forfeit loss to SM so head-to-head to SM

4 Signal Mtn 1-2* forfeit loss to SC,

ND wins on Thursday, outright winner and the seeding below it gets weird. Anyone know the tiebreaker rules?

ND loses on Thursday, CCS wins on head-to-head and top two flip-flop and CCS gets to play SM in the opening round. ND essentially moves on to region play. (no disrespect intended to SC.)

I would re-word that Sequatchie 'won' their Signal Mt game due to forfeit by SM...and I assume that Sequatchie, in addition ND, has a forfeit loss to CCS, since they are not playing both these teams this season ? Giving them the 1-2 record...

Thursday should be pretty exciting....but the loser of the CCS-ND match may actually come out a better deal, since they would face Sequatchie in the first round...

Still would like to see an official statement regarding the SM ineligible player-forfeits though before we over think this...

D

I would re-word that Sequatchie 'won' their Signal Mt game due to forfeit by SM...and I assume that Sequatchie, in addition ND, has a forfeit loss to CCS, since they are not playing both these teams this season ? Giving them the 1-2 record...

Thursday should be pretty exciting....but the loser of the CCS-ND match may actually come out a better deal, since they would face Sequatchie in the first round...

Still would like to see an official statement regarding the SM ineligible player-forfeits though before we over think this...

D

You are correct. Edits made. Shouldn't try to think, much less post so early in the AM.

Anything more on this game? I would've thought Baylor would be the winner of this game.... I know that you throw out the records when it comes to rivalry games, but I really thought Baylor would win this game.

Me too..I was thinking at least 3-0 Baylor....But the tie sweetens the loss to GPS for us Irish..GPS played a very conservative-possession game against Notre Dame..I'd be curious if they just hunkered down defensively against Baylor...(probably pretty good strategy)...or is Baylor vulnerable this year ? (Not from their record though..for sure)

D