Heritage Rumor

GovMan

Talked to some Heritage students last evening. Rumor is that Coach Russell has channeled his "inner Pat Summit" and decided to take away the Mountaineers new game jerseys and make them play in their old ones.

Scoot ... or any of our other Heritage brethren/sisteren ... any truth to this? If true, what do you think about it? Tactics like this seem to have worked for Coach Summit.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to some Heritage students last evening. Rumor is that Coach Russell has channeled his "inner Pat Summit" and decided to take away the Mountaineers new game jerseys and make them play in their old ones.

Scoot ... or any of our other Heritage brethren/sisteren ... any truth to this? If true, what do you think about it? Tactics like this seem to have worked for Coach Summit.

Sad for the kids if that is the truth. On this level that is not a good way of dealing with players. A coach could lose a great number of players, or their effort. The coaches are responsible for some of the things that happened last week. They sure could have stopped their kids from jumping up and down on the WB. I heard that they were encouraging the act and not trying to stop it. THEY COULD HAVE STOPPED IT. :angry: Maybe their coach should rethink this if it is true. Maybe they coaching staff should be the ones who wear some old coaching shirts from their past, failed seasons. If they do not change their approach, their results are not going to change. I just hate it for the players at hhs, they deserve better. :(

Sad for the kids if that is the truth. On this level that is not a good way of dealing with players. A coach could lose a great number of players, or their effort. The coaches are responsible for some of the things that happened last week. They sure could have stopped their kids from jumping up and down on the WB. I heard that they were encouraging the act and not trying to stop it. THEY COULD HAVE STOPPED IT. :angry: Maybe their coach should rethink this if it is true. Maybe they coaching staff should be the ones who wear some old coaching shirts from their past, failed seasons. If they do not change their approach, their results are not going to change. I just hate it for the players at hhs, they deserve better. :(

I have no idea about the jersey issue. I do know that the coaches were not encouraging the players to stomp on the imblem. When the coaches noticed it the players were told to stop and get to the sideline. By this time it was obviously to late. HHS coaches do not support this type of activity. The kids have responded very well to the discipline that has been handed out and have had a good week of practice. Bad thing is we have several out with injuries and strep throat, that makes it hard to prepare for a game. GO MOUNTAINEERS....

I have no idea about the jersey issue. I do know that the coaches were not encouraging the players to stomp on the imblem. When the coaches noticed it the players were told to stop and get to the sideline. By this time it was obviously to late. HHS coaches do not support this type of activity. The kids have responded very well to the discipline that has been handed out and have had a good week of practice. Bad thing is we have several out with injuries and strep throat, that makes it hard to prepare for a game. GO MOUNTAINEERS....

Those are actions that need to be stopped before they ever occur. With that in mind, im not trying to argue, that is the past and both teams must move on. Hopefully hhs does get things back together. I pull for the kids and all blount co. schools. The best football in the state is played in this area. 8-)

From what i have heard from a few people is that a few things have been taken from the players, but they can earn them back.

No Radios

No New Jerseys

No Decals on helmets

and from what i understand only the yard lines will be painted on the field

Like i said i just heard this from a few people/parents.

I do not know what truth is in this but I think it sounds fair.

Those are actions that need to be stopped before they ever occur. With that in mind, im not trying to argue, that is the past and both teams must move on. Hopefully hhs does get things back together. I pull for the kids and all blount co. schools. The best football in the state is played in this area. 8-)

Lowkee - I hope you are not a WB coach as has been hinted on another message strand. But, the Heritage kids were remembering last year at the Shed and the Govs stomping and dancing on the H. I know for a fact that the WB coaches didn't stop that but attacked it in the same manner with their kids on Monday.

Lowkee - I hope you are not a WB coach as has been hinted on another message strand. But, the Heritage kids were remembering last year at the Shed and the Govs stomping and dancing on the H. I know for a fact that the WB coaches didn't stop that but attacked it in the same manner with their kids on Monday.

Cannot speak for the possible actions of a possible few, but as a team, WB DID NOT stomp and dance on the H at Heritage field last year. If some of the WB players did it(and I have no clue whether they did or not), then I hope they got severely reprimanded. It would be just as classless for them to do it as it was for Heritage. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited by GovMan

Cannot speak for the possible actions of a possible few, but as a team, WB DID NOT stomp and dance on the H at Heritage field last year. If some of the WB players did it(and I have no clue whether they did or not), then I hope they got severely reprimanded. It would be just as classless for them to do it as it was for Heritage. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I was at the game. I know it happened, and also know that they got their butts run off on Monday following. Agreed, two wrongs don't make it right, but again, you are dealing with teenagers, and teens do stupid stuff all the time. As to the coaches "standing around laughing about it" while it happened; why would they then turn around and put down the punishments that have been handed out? Doesn't add up.

ooldrebel? you've almost got a great name there bud.

going back to those old-school AE jerseys is a bad idea. of course, BR has had a plethora of those in his HHS tenure

On a side note, I'm pretty sure one of our opponents in the playoffs last year did some stomping - my opinion on the matter is that it's dumb to do before the game, and classless to do it after

I think its a good idea to go back the blue for at least one game.

Until the earn the right to wear the new ones, and act classy.

I mean people complain that the coaches did nothing.

Now that their coaches are doing something we're all gonna call him an idiot for punishing them.

I would much rather have a coach punish the team this way.

Then grab them before the game for jumping on the emblem and yelling at them.

I mean that would kill a teams demeanor.

Im not sure it woulda mattered in that game but in other games it might have.

Just my thoughts though.