Heritage Rumor

GovMan

My understanding of it is the kids earned back the jersey's with a good week of practice.

Apparently a few players last night snuck on campus and tried to paint an H on mid field.

The coaches and parents got out before the game and covered it with the big H, and the players were suspended for the first quarter. With more punishment likely to come?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should thank him for taking the uniforms. They are awful!

I like the red one's.

The blue one's the wore were awful.

Wanna talk bad jersey's lets talk the white one's william blount wears.

Or do you wanna talk amazing jerseys? The black Aloca and the black MARYVILLE jerseys. nike baby.

How bad is a program that has players sneeking onto the field to paint their own stuff? How bad is a program where the coaches take things away (like dealing with small children) then let them "earn it back?" What is going on at HHS? Why isn't there a freshman team playing a schedule at a 6A school? At this rate they will be lucky to win another game. It isn't a problem with injuries and illness. It is a cancer that seems to be growing in the HHS program. Given the lack of success of their middle school program this year (1-8) there is a long, long dry spell coming to Coach Russell and the HHS crowd.

Phoosball, It does not sound as if you agree with what they are doing. I know nothing about that program, but if these teens want to act like children, then they should not have a problem getting treated as a child. Pat Summitt has done this at the college level and so has Steve Spurrier, I think they have both had pretty good success. I acknowledge that I am only going on what is on this board because I don't know anything about the situation up there but it appears that the coaches are trying to get a handle on discipline there. The program, any program, will never have success if they don't have discipline first. IMO, any coach that is tring to build a program, the discipline is the first thing that has to come. Unfortunately, the hardest people to win over when you are trying to instill discipline is not the kids, it is the kids parents, I would be willing to bet that the kids originally did not have near the problem with the discipline as they did after they went home and told mommy and daddy and they got mad, then the kids all of the sudden had a problem with it. The reason mommies and daddies have a problem with it is that most of them have never bothered to discipline little Johnny and they don't want anyone else to either. Just another part of the reason for our decaying society.

If you know the program, and there are things that lie below the surface with the coaches that we don't know about, please feel free to make me/us aware as this may sway my decision. As I stated earlier, all I have to go on is what has been posted and it appears that a coach or coaches is trying to get a handle on his team.

• 3 weeks later...

Phoosball, It does not sound as if you agree with what they are doing. I know nothing about that program, but if these teens want to act like children, then they should not have a problem getting treated as a child. Pat Summitt has done this at the college level and so has Steve Spurrier, I think they have both had pretty good success. I acknowledge that I am only going on what is on this board because I don't know anything about the situation up there but it appears that the coaches are trying to get a handle on discipline there. The program, any program, will never have success if they don't have discipline first. IMO, any coach that is tring to build a program, the discipline is the first thing that has to come. Unfortunately, the hardest people to win over when you are trying to instill discipline is not the kids, it is the kids parents, I would be willing to bet that the kids originally did not have near the problem with the discipline as they did after they went home and told mommy and daddy and they got mad, then the kids all of the sudden had a problem with it. The reason mommies and daddies have a problem with it is that most of them have never bothered to discipline little Johnny and they don't want anyone else to either. Just another part of the reason for our decaying society.

If you know the program, and there are things that lie below the surface with the coaches that we don't know about, please feel free to make me/us aware as this may sway my decision. As I stated earlier, all I have to go on is what has been posted and it appears that a coach or coaches is trying to get a handle on his team.

[There are definately underlying problems here... when coaches tell a kid one thing and does not follow through. Example: You don't practice, you don't play. (Makes perfect sense) however time and time again this is not what happens,kids miss practice (I'm not talking about the ones with a ligitimate excuse) I'm talking about the ones who are so hurt they can't practice but can play around, jumping up and down, throwing football, running around (real hurt like) with the other "hurt kids" on the sidelines or don't bother to show up at all then are ready to go friday and get put right in. What incentive would you have to work your butt off all summer and all week and still know you will never get a chance to play? The scores keep getting worse and there have been no line up changes... There are some good kids on this football team. This is but one of the many problems going on here. I too believe a team should have discipline and responsiblity or they will never be a winning team. The coaches are losing the handle on this team, bit they are bringing some of it upon themselves. In this case the coaches need to start actually SETTING an example and try practicing what they preach. They have lost some and are beginning to lose the respect of the players that have tried to stick with them. :excl: /quote]

Edited by blah67