Someone plz correct me on this 3A TSSAA playoff format...

randomposter

So as most of you know, the projected playoff quadrants are not posted on the TSSAA website. Everything looks as it should in 3A except that Bledsoe and Sequatchie are 1 and 2 in their district but are in separate quads in the posted projections.

So my question is.....

Am I wrong in thinking that automatic qualifiers from the same district are supposed to be grouped together in the same quadrant?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received confirmation today that the Class 3A "mock bracket" that was released this week as INCORRECT. Why is this the case? Johnson County out of East-TN currently sits at 2-0 in their district and would be an "automaic lock" for the playoffs if they started today. The TSSAA "mock bracket" has them on the outside looking in when in reality that would not be the case.

The correct "mock bracket" for Class 3A looks as follows:

Q-1

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey-Doak

Sullivan North

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Elizabethton

Happy Valley

Johnson County

Q-2

Alcoa

CAK

Kingston

Loudon

Howard

Tyner Academy

Austin-East

Sequatchie County

Q-3

Goodpasture

Smith County

Bledsoe County

East Literature

Polk County

Pearl-Cohn

CPA

York Institute

Q-4

Camden Central

Milan

Fairview

Westview

Cheatham County

Waverly Central

Lewis County

Booker T. Washington

Johnson's County's "automatic bid" into the playoffs would (for the moment) knock Oakhaven out of the postseason. There is a very long way to go in order to decide this so I wouldn't be too quick to fall in love with the bracket if I were any of these teams sitting on the "bubble".

Teams that are on the "bubble" right now that aren't listed include:

Oakhaven

Sweetwater

Stewart County

Grundy County

Chattanooga Christian

Meigs County

Pigeon Forge

Hickman County

This means that there are 40 teams that are right now in the fight for 32 available playoff spots :thumb:

Edited by howdoitknow2

howdoitknow2,

I realize this is just a mock bracket, but I was under the impression that the quadrants would still be decided by geography. If so, how would Polk Co. be in quadrant 3 when they are far east of Howard, Tyner, and Sequatchie, who you have in quadrant 2?

DrFlint,

That is an excellent question. This mock bracket is just what I was told. I would not say that it is "set in stone" by any means with half of the regular season remaining. After Week 7 is when I would really come back and start to focus in on these brackets because that will be when the contenders begin to separate themselves from the pretenders IMHO.

howdoitknow2,

I realize this is just a mock bracket, but I was under the impression that the quadrants would still be decided by geography. If so, how would Polk Co. be in quadrant 3 when they are far east of Howard, Tyner, and Sequatchie, who you have in quadrant 2?

By all means take Sequatchie out and put Polk in! That will help with making the bracket easier...sarcasm-1.gif

There are still a few things to work out in the lists I've seen, even if the playoffs started this week. Bledsoe is slightly more east than Sequatchie which is why they went east last year and Sequatchie was in 3. If both make the playoffs and that looks likely, neither still is assured of being in a certain quad due to whatever may happen elsewhere with wildcards.

Nobody wants Alcoa right away but there will still be plenty of competition no matter the quad.