Bochette missing

Eddie

PLEASE OFFER A PRAYER FOR MICHAEL AND HIS FAMILY -- Here's the story as of Tuesday AM:

A search is under way for Cumberland University football player Michael Bochette, 20.

A native of Mt. Juliet, Bochette has been missing since Sunday. His parents notified authorities Sunday night indicating it was out of character for the dean's list student to be gone without leaving word.

Bochette's dog was found Monday at a boat dock on Percy Priest Lake. The dog refused to leave the boat dock for several hours.

Bochette earned all-state honors as a fullback / linebacker at Mt. Juliet High School. He played linebacker for Cumberland University as a freshman but was moved to offense this season where he had worked his way into the rotation at fullback.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surely hope to God that this is just a case of a young man being confused and taking some time away for himself, and not something more tragic. I had the pleasure of seeing him play when the team I follow played against Mt.Juliet. He was a quality ball player and from all accounts from Bear faithful, a quality young man. We as football fans don't realize the pressures they face daily, not only as athletes, but as young men. We need to listen more, help more, try more-and not be so quick to criticize or put more pressure on them. My prayers are with the family and friends who know him best.

i have known micheal since i was a kid, i played junior pro ball with him also, he was a great guy and has a great family. this is an awful thing i feel so bad for his family and he is going to be missed very much, everyone please pray for his friends and family and my god bless his soul.....

Guest BLUEFAN

God Speed to his family, friends and team mates. Our hearts and prayers go out to you. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Parent of Lebanon High Football Player

Here is the story that I have...as of tomorrow's edition..and my prayer's are with his family as well.

Editor's Note: Due to press time constraints, The Chronicle was unable to cover this tragic situation as well as needed. There will be much more in next week's issue, which will include a look at the life of Michael Bochette, Jr.

By David Johnson

Editor

A 2-day ordeal turned into a nightmare for a Mt. Juliet family Tuesday afternoon as the body of Michael Bochette, Jr., was discovered inside his truck, submerged in Percy Priest Lake.

The Cumberland University sophomore had been missing since Sunday evening, when he had called his mother and told her he would be home after picking his dog up at a friend's house. The dog provided the break in the case for authorities as it was discovered at the Seven Points boat dock near the lake.

An article of Bochette's clothes was found around noon and that's when the divers were sent into Percy Priest Lake.

A little more than an hour passed and the truck was discovered about 100 feet from the dock. After being raised slightly using equipment, the body was discovered in the cab of the 1995 red Ford Ranger.

"The body was found inside the vehicle in what I can best describe as an unnatural way," Detective Roy Dunaway of the Metro Police Murder Squad said. When questioned about his "unnatural" comment, Dunaway said they are not ruling out anything and it looks like this will be a homicide investigation.

Due to the upcoming lab work, the body was left in the truck as workers retrieved it from the lake.

"The next step is the lab," Dunaway said. "We will have detectives talking to friends and trying to figure out what he was doing out this way. I will be working with the lab team to determine the cause of death and we should know much more tomorrow," Dunaway stated.

The crime scene was an emotional boiling pot as friends, family and teammates gathered near the dock area as workers worked on removal. Bochette was an honor student and standout fullback for Cumberland University.

While in high school at Mt. Juliet High School, Bochette was an all-state football player, as well as garnering several academic awards.

Dunaway seemed confident that foul play was involved and assured members of the media that the lab and autopsy would be of great benefit to the investigation.

Guest region4fan

What a loss this is. I witnessed Michael playing football many times. He was a one man wrecking crew...totally a stud on the field. I feel for his family, friends, teammates, and coaches. May your memories help get you through these days ahead. Turn to our LORD for comfort.

The Mt. Juliet Police Department have arrested two men today and charged them with the murder of Bochette.

The men were both 20 years old and the homicide was drug-related. Both are in the Wilson County jail with bond being set at $750,000 each. That's all the information I have right now, the police chief just called me with that small amount of information.