Jackson Co @ Clay Co

hyline

JC fortunate to hold on to this one. Give props to #28 on his return. He ran the ball hard. #24 is a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Turnovers played a role in this one. JC converted on their intercepted. CC could did not on their fumble recovery. But the biggest factor was special teams. JC missed xp, allowed big koff return, blocked punt. The penalties killed CC.

Both teams played hard.

It was a great win for JC.

Clay was verty lucky Jc played a terrible second half, or this game would have gotten ugly. Jc looked by far the better team in the first half. The scores Clay had was blown coverage by secondary twice and terrible special teams. Jc was lucky to survive, if they dont fix things and get the simple stuff corrected it will bite them in the but later own down the road. Hope # 7 will return and be able to get people healthy the next 2 weeks with rbs and pickett coming to town. Then we travel to watertown for a chance to finish hopefully 7-3. Good luck JC we all believe in you. Jc should have won 35 to 6 or worse. The fire they started with sure wasnt like that in the second half.n But a win is a win put it together JC for 4 QUARTERS AND see how good we can be. WHO WE B JC...WHO WE B JC..

Edited by dreambig

do you not think clay just had a hard fought second half? CC's team in the second half seemed to be playin with some pride to me, clay just shot themselves in the foot with the penalties and the small mistakes leading to big plays.

No JC just came out flat and and thought it was over. If they played the 2nd half like the 1st this game would have been a blow out and it should have been. JC is a better team on paper and on the field. Yea JC looked terrible in special teams and in secondary but im not taking anything away from clay JC was lucky to survive with the way they played the 2nd half. I give props to the way their boys came out and played and didnt quit. Jc needs to pick it up in all phases of the game if they want to be sucessful in playoffs. Good luck JC make us proud. I wanna say congrats to Coach Sean loftis and his staff. We are all proud of the boys and your staff for the sucessful season that we have had so far. Keep up the hard work and go get em.. GO JCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jackson county wins big no contest

Like Croz said its been played, and by the way it was a contest. JC 27 - Clay 20. Don't let Dreambig lie to you either JC didn't play bad in the second half, Clay just stepped up. I really don't see why he's making excuses for not having a blowout victory, they won the darn game you think he'd be happy. Don't really know why he's overlooking Clay shooting themselves in the foot with two massive penalties in the second half that cost them at least 7 if not 14 points. Jackson County was lucky to win.

• Upvote 1

Like Croz said its been played, and by the way it was a contest. JC 27 - Clay 20. Don't let Dreambig lie to you either JC didn't play bad in the second half, Clay just stepped up. I really don't see why he's making excuses for not having a blowout victory, they won the darn game you think he'd be happy. Don't really know why he's overlooking Clay shooting themselves in the foot with two massive penalties in the second half that cost them at least 7 if not 14 points. Jackson County was lucky to win.

Now hang on a second Boarhog. I wouldn't say JC was lucky to win. The two penalties were caused because Clay Co was holding #24 on the first one (he was tackled by 2 players) or he makes the tackle for a loss and it was the same thing on the retuned kick/punt, it was a block in the back on #24 or he makes the tackle, but i do agree those were huge mistakes made by Clay Co. but JC had its share of mistakes as well. It was a hard fought game from both teams, both wanted to win the game bad because of the rivalry between the schools. Having one son graduate from Clay Co. and the other a senior at Jackson Co. now and both either played or does plays football and basketball for their respective schools, i have seen this game from both sides of the fence so to speak. If Clay had won the game i wouldn't have said they were lucky, they would have been the best team that night. Clay Co played their hearts out, they are a good football team, they are young and will only get better. I know me and my family wish them nothing but success througout the rest of the year.