District 12-AA

12AAFootball

Current Standings After Week 7.

1. Fairview (6-1 3-1)Page, Lewis Co., Hickman Co.

2 Giles Co. (5-2,3-1) East Hickman, Marshall Co, Lewis Co.

3 Page (4-3, 3-1)Fairview, Marshall, Spring Hill

4 Marshall Co.(3-4,3-1)Spring Hill, Page, Giles Co.

5 Lewis County (3-4,3-1) Giles Co., Fairview, East Hickman

6 Spring Hill (2-5, 1-3) Marshall Co, Hickman Co., Page

7 Hickman County (2-5, 0-4) East Hickman, Spring Hill, Fairview

8 East Hickman (0-7, 0-4) Hickman Co, Lewis Co, Giles Co

Last Week's Games

Giles Co. wins over Fairview- I attended this game and I am glad I did. Giles won 20-14 in a tough hard fought game. I believe the Yellow Jackets proved they could play on the same field as Giles County, something they did not do last year. I saw where some Giles fans said it should of been worse, I differ on that opinion as Fairview's qb showed his age with 5 interceptions last night. Both teams had their chances, but the defenses for both teams were tough. Giles now becomes Fairview's biggest fan as if the Jackets beat Page, Giles has a great chance to repeat as district champions.

Page beats Hickman Co.- Patriots continue to roll on their way to what I predict is a district championship. They travel to Fairview next week for their last tough test of the season. Hickman Co. just doesn't have the horses to compete in this district.

Marshall wins only by 14 against East? Will someone at this game please tell me what happened. Marshall only beats what is possibly the worst team in 3A by 14 points. This is surprising to me. Maybe the Tigers are not as tough as I previously thought.

Next Week's Games

Game of the Week-Fairview vs. Page- Looks like I am heading back to Williamson County to see this match-up of county rivals. The Jackets played Giles Co tough, if they can value the football and establish a run game against Page they may pull the upset. But it is easier said than done against the best defense in the district. Page wins by 14.

Hickman Co. vs. East Hickman- This intercounty rival could get interesting if East Hickman carries their success in the passing game against Marshall into this contest. I still think the power running game of the Bulldogs will take over late in the game. Hickman Co. wins by 14.

Giles Co. vs. Lewis Co.- The speed of Giles County will take this one over quickly. Bobcats win by 28.

Marshall vs. Spring Hill- The winner of this game has an outside shot as a wild card in the playoffs. This one is tough to call. Last week I would have taken Marshall, but they struggles against East Hickman for that reason I take the Raiders by 7.

Current Awards (Would Love to hear others opinons)

Coach of the Year- Herzog from Page- Overcoming early season injuries, the Patriots are the best team in the district

Most Valuable Player- #80 from Fairview- This kid is tough to stop. Is being double and sometimes triple team and is still making plays. Without him the Fairview offense would be in trouble.

Offensive Player of the Year- # 12 from Giles- He has taken over Giles Co. offense and is putting up big numbers each week and he is only a sophomore.

Defensive Player of the Year- # 79 from Marshall- This kid has a MOTOR. I have seen him give BGA trouble and every team in the district. It is my understanding he is a junior.

:thumb: Hey District 12-AA come by and say hello I will be the one standing near the concession stand with a bag of popcorn and diet coke. We can compare notes during half time; about your picks #44 from Page has to be considered for Defensive Player,#80 from Fairview is he just a 10th grader even so he is a good looking player. :thumb:

Edited by airraid09

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: Hey District 12-AA come by and say hello I will be the one standing near the concession stand with a bag of popcorn and diet coke. We can compare notes during half time; about your picks #44 from Page has to be considered for Defensive Player,#80 from Fairview is he just a 10th grader even so he is a good looking player. :thumb:

#80 is a Senior for Fairview. He is a fantastic player deserving of any award he gets. I also agree Lockridge (spelling?) from page is also a contender for offensive MVP. He had a great season last year, and I think this weeks Fairview and Page game will determine a lot of things. Especially about Fairview's validity as a good team, a win shows that Fairview wasn't a joke this year. Page is also a good team. It's going to be a great game.

#80 is a Senior for Fairview. He is a fantastic player deserving of any award he gets. I also agree Lockridge (spelling?) from page is also a contender for offensive MVP. He had a great season last year, and I think this weeks Fairview and Page game will determine a lot of things. Especially about Fairview's validity as a good team, a win shows that Fairview wasn't a joke this year. Page is also a good team. It's going to be a great game.

:thumb: Thanks for the update on #80, I hope both teams play their best games and no one gets hurt. Patriots better get their bee spray ready because the word coming out of Fairview is the yellow jackets are going sting the Patriots. :thumb:

Since I'm a page patriot alumni I want to see them make it out and win the district. This weeks page vs. fairview is a big one and I have to say that Page should be the winner of this game. There running game is as good as it's been and they are playing good defense. Either way I am really looking forward to this match up.

If this District isn't the "DR. JEKYLL and MR.HYDE" of Tenn. HS football! This is one of the craziest years I think anyone could have imagined. Page..beats DL and Giles.....Loses to Eagleville and Lewis.....go figure. Some teams started out strong and faded.......some started out weak and now is coming on. Kids this is an example of why you shouldn't gamble on teams.....LOL. After this week it should settle down...the contenders and the pretenders will surface. Marshall has some tough games coming in their schedule.....which will prove them to be one or the other. Fairview played a good game.....but......not sure if it really shows them better from last year or not, because Giles is no where near the team they were last year...so the score really doesn't say much. It certainly is going to be interesting to see this all play out...Page, Giles and Fairview are pretty well in the playoff...the others???????????

If this District isn't the "DR. JEKYLL and MR.HYDE" of Tenn. HS football! This is one of the craziest years I think anyone could have imagined. Page..beats DL and Giles.....Loses to Eagleville and Lewis.....go figure. Some teams started out strong and faded.......some started out weak and now is coming on. Kids this is an example of why you shouldn't gamble on teams.....LOL. After this week it should settle down...the contenders and the pretenders will surface. Marshall has some tough games coming in their schedule.....which will prove them to be one or the other. Fairview played a good game.....but......not sure if it really shows them better from last year or not, because Giles is no where near the team they were last year...so the score really doesn't say much. It certainly is going to be interesting to see this all play out...Page, Giles and Fairview are pretty well in the playoff...the others???????????

:thumb: I agree pack this year is a roller coaster; I think of the old saying the cream will rise to the top; will play out this week. I just wish all teams a healthy last 3 games so they can have a shot at winning some games in the playoffs. :thumb:

I looked back at some of your post.....even from last year. You were (which ever one of the stat anyway) was about spot on about this district this year. You said you thought this was Pages year, it seems to be playing out that way. The other question you raised was Giles (Reloading/Rebuilding). They are rebuilding. Marshall you threw in the mix, and they are hanging around also. Fairview and Lewis was your pick for the sub. class. Fairview is as good as last year, Lewis is worse than you predicted. But as far as finish you seem to be spot on. Not sure if Fairview is as good as last year or not, but tonights game should tell more about their future going into the playoffs. Giles without any doubt isn't as strong as last year, that I agree. They seem to have some players that have the potential to battle in the playoffs in a couple of years. Marshall.....they have the talent but can't seem to build any consistency. Lewis can only beat a team that is bad ie: Springhill and Hickman with East waiting in the wings (I know they did beat page, but page was down key playerss at the time, a rematch would be the proof, they would run Lewis off the field I believe now). I don't see any of these teams from this district going very far in the playoffs. Can't wait to see your predictions for next year.

Edited by d2626m

(4)..Shock! This district has got to be the hardest district to figure.(BTW) #4 stat pack. I got to see the page vs.Fairview......ugly. Fairview got the win, but this was an ugly game for many reasons. Talked to the Other stat pack @Lewis vs. Giles game and he said pretty much an ugly game there.....close to the about the last 5-6 minutes. Did East and Hickman play last night? After seeing last nights game with Fairview...one conclusion.....This entire district is bad. No consistency anywhere.....well except East, Hickman and Lewis.they continue to be bad. From last year to this year, it is hard to believe this is the same district that was so strong. I can't remember seeing a district drop so much from one year to the other. The only one consistent has been Fairview (course with their up coming game in Lewis and the way this season has played out, they could go up there and lose, which would make sense in this district) I thought page was getting it together, but appears not to be the case. Marshall is still lurking out there for a shot. I guess the debate now should be.......Fairview and then who is the worse team in this district..a real toss up! Congrads to Fairview .....big win for their program. Don't fall asleep this week with your travel to Lewis. Its up to you to finish the job you started out this year, Lewis will play you hard...if nothing else for PRIDE. The rest...its almost over. One thing with the up and downs of so many teams...those that get in the playoffs, might be at the up moment and surprise someone. What a change from last year!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Stat_pack1

I don't see the district as necessarily being down this year. I believe the defenses are better across the board + being the in the 2nd year of playing each other the staffs are able to adjust better. Lewis's D played a great game thus creating the "ugly" effect mentioned. Actually LC's QB threw some nice ones although they were into double coverage. LC, Page, & Fairview all were strong on the defensive side of the ball. That along will beat the west teams :thumb:

The true measure of the district will be answered come playoff time. The district's D's will win a few :ph34r:

I don't see the district as necessarily being down this year. I believe the defenses are better across the board + being the in the 2nd year of playing each other the staffs are able to adjust better. Lewis's D played a great game thus creating the "ugly" effect mentioned. Actually LC's QB threw some nice ones although they were into double coverage. LC, Page, & Fairview all were strong on the defensive side of the ball. That along will beat the west teams :thumb:

The true measure of the district will be answered come playoff time. The district's D's will win a few :ph34r:

I'd I have to respectfully disagree with you the "D" this year. Last years "D" across the board was far superior to the product thats there is this year. I remember Giles D last year.....Outstanding, Page, Springhill and Lewis Defense was much stronger. I think this year by the standard of Offense I have seen and read about is far down from last year, which makes the D's this year look better. I couldn't imagine the D I seen this year trying to stop last years teams ie: Giles, Page etc. Only team that I could honestly say is as good as last year is Fairview, not better, but about the same..the rest have fallen off more than I could have imagined. They all have shown flashes of talent and team work, but more often than knock there is just no consistency to any but Fairview. I think in the next few years...some of the young talent on alot of these teams will develop into some very strong teams...but this just isn't the year. If any of these teams that make it to the playoff gets past the first rd (Fairview excluded) I would be surprise, but all of these teams have the potential if they can just put a complete game together.

Standings After Week 8

1 Fairview (7-1 4-1) Lewis Co., Hickman Co.

2 Giles Co. (6-2,4-1) East Hickman, Marshall Co,

3 Marshall Co.(4-4,4-1) Page, Giles Co.

4 Page (4-4, 3-2) Marshall, Spring Hill

5 Lewis County (3-5,3-2) Fairview, East Hickman

6 Spring Hill (2-6, 1-4) Hickman Co. Page

7 East Hickman (1-7, 1-4) Hickman Co, Lewis Co, Giles Co

8 Hickman County (2-6, 0-5) East Hickman, Spring Hill, Fairview

Well another week is in the books and it looks like my predictions are a little off.

Review of Last Week's Games

Surprise Game of the Week We have a tie here.

East Hickman beating Hickman Co.- Wow, how bad is Hickman Co. if they lose to the previously winless East Hickman. If the hot seat wasn't on Coach Patterson before this game, it has to be now. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a coaching change next year.

Page drops the ball at Fairview- What happened to the Patriots? Lockridge looked terrible. Fumbling the ball and not wanting to take on contact all night. The Yellow Jackets picked up a Big W. #80 from Fairview continued to solifdy his position of Region MVP with some remarkable catches and run.

Giles beats Lewis

Marshall beats Spring Hill

Week 9 Games and Predictions

Game of the Week- Page vs. Marshall Co.- We have the hottest team in the district (Marshall) facing off against the Jekyll and Hyde teams known as Page. After seeing Page play last week, I think they are primed for an upset against the Tigers of Marshall. Coach T down in Lewisburg has got things going in the right direction. If Marshall wins this week, it sets up a big match up week 10 against Giles. Prediction- Marshall 21 Page 14

Giles vs. East Hickman- Giles wins big in this one. The Bobcats control their own destiny for the district crown. Prediction- Giles Co. 42 East Hickman 0

Spring Hill vs. Hickman Co.- Coach Patterson suffered a devastating loss, he may need a win against Spring Hill or Fairview to salvage his job. Spring Hill 28 Hickman Co. 14

Fairview vs. Lewis Co.- The much improved Jackets take on their old rivals. Lewis is always tough at home. Lewis will need to slow down the passing attack of Fairview if they want to win. Prediction- Fairview 21 Lewis Co. 7