The Future of McMinn Central Football

SAGINAWFAN

You know I dont care if you are loaded with all the talent in the world, if a coach can not unite them they will never be successful. Talent will only get you so far, you still must work and fine tune those skills and be ready for all challenges. Talent or no tallent, skills or no skills the Coaches Central had did a good job with what they had and did not have. The Coaches in place have the same opportunity to do the same if given the freedom and access to do so.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think things will work themselves out. What are some of your suggestions, constructive now, on what we can do to improve things offensively? You have to understand playmaker, I want as bad as you for these kids to see success. I feel that the kids that are out there are giving there all.

what about quick slants and hot passes? do you think these would help? all i know is the dive up the middle isnt working. the pass would have to be fast because the lne cant keep the pressure off. what about roll out passes that would give the qb the option of runnung or making a short throw?

what about quick slants and hot passes? do you think these would help? all i know is the dive up the middle isnt working. the pass would have to be fast because the lne cant keep the pressure off. what about roll out passes that would give the qb the option of runnung or making a short throw?

Yes, I agree. I think that if we could get our backs into one on one situations that they could make some plays. I really like the roll out option that would give a run - pass option. I too would like to see more of this.

Yes, I agree. I think that if we could get our backs into one on one situations that they could make some plays. I really like the roll out option that would give a run - pass option. I too would like to see more of this.

i just think that the o-line isnt going to run block very well so anything quick would mabe help keep the chains moving and keep the defense from being on the field so much. also are there times you can put some of the better dline man on oline to keep the chains moving? not saying all the time but mix it up alittle.

i just think that the o-line isnt going to run block very well so anything quick would mabe help keep the chains moving and keep the defense from being on the field so much. also are there times you can put some of the better dline man on oline to keep the chains moving? not saying all the time but mix it up alittle.

I agree totally.

The topic of this thread is (the future of mcminn central football). So,I have a question for the coaches and anyone who cares about central football.Why is the football team not watching film on the teams that they are playing that week?I have a friend that his son plays for central,and he told his mom and dad that they have not watched film on the opposing team in weeks.WHY??? I know the coaches read these comments on here, so WHY coaches?Why are these boys not getting to see who they will be playing on friday nights?Why are these boys not getting a feel of what they look like running plays?This blows my mind!

Edited by BALLCOACH93

The topic of this thread is (the future of mcminn central football). So,I have a question for the coaches and anyone who cares about central football.Why is the football team not watching film on the teams that they are playing that week?I have a friend that his son plays for central,and he told his mom and dad that they have not watched film on the opposing team in weeks.WHY??? I know the coaches read these comments on here, so WHY coaches?Why are these boys not getting to see who they will be playing on friday nights?Why are these boys not getting a feel of what they look like running plays?This blows my mind!

It is hard to say playmaker because so many coaches have different philosiphies when it comes to watching other teams. I know that the years I played ball I only watched a few films of other teams - now the coaches watched film of the other teams every week. Some coaches will say that they are more concerned of what they are doing than what the other team is going to do. I am sure that the coaches of this staff are watching the films and putting a scout defense and offense to mimick what the other team is going to do. Time it seems would be a factor to me on this matter, especially when there are so many other things that this team needs to be focusing on. I know this does not answer your question, but it might shed some light on why they maybe do not have the boys watch the films.

logcabinman (that wasnt theplaymaker that left that post) and my take on the film is if you wanna watch film. then come in on Sunday as a team and watch it. but when monday rolls around then its time to get to work and right now we need to worry about our offense and deffense. im very sure the coaches watch plenty of film and get a game plan that plays to our advantage. right now we are just going for first downs so lets get our offense going first. the kids dont take film serious anyways they'd rather sleep. so i think for now leave the film to the coaches and once this team is a little polished then step it up to film.

logcabinman (that wasnt theplaymaker that left that post) and my take on the film is if you wanna watch film. then come in on Sunday as a team and watch it. but when monday rolls around then its time to get to work and right now we need to worry about our offense and deffense. im very sure the coaches watch plenty of film and get a game plan that plays to our advantage. right now we are just going for first downs so lets get our offense going first. the kids dont take film serious anyways they'd rather sleep. so i think for now leave the film to the coaches and once this team is a little polished then step it up to film.

Sorry playmaker, meant ballcoach93. I tend to want to leave kids alone on Sunday - I think it is a day for kids to rest and be with family. You probably already know the hundereds of excuses that kids would come up with anyway. I am not saying that the team watching film is a bad idea, but I don't know that it would really help.

If the coaching staff has given up on this years team, why aren't we seeing the under classmen playing more? Some of these kids are not even getting to play in JV games. Next year we'll have the same problem "No Experience". You have to play these kids, all of these kids to have any rational expectation of having a better season next year. Score was 35-7 Friday and he was still playing the starter, come on coach, at least let the parents see there kids play alittle. These kids will not want to play next year. At least make something good come out of this year. Give the kids some playing time.

What do the rest of the faithful think?

This question I have thought long and hard on. If we can get some good volunteers that are proven good coaches along with one of the high school coaches to have a freshman schedule. 5 games or so would be fine. It is hard for freshman to come in and work their tales off all year against upperclassmen then not see much playing time in a jv game. I do understand why they sometimes do not get this playing time, but until we can look at some freshman games it will be hard to keep interest for these freshman. Hopefully we can get the numbers next year to look at this. I also know how thin the coaching staff time is so this is why good help is necessary.

Sorry playmaker, meant ballcoach93. I tend to want to leave kids alone on Sunday - I think it is a day for kids to rest and be with family. You probably already know the hundereds of excuses that kids would come up with anyway. I am not saying that the team watching film is a bad idea, but I don't know that it would really help.

i completely agree with this. not for the fact that the kids need rest and family time. but the fact that the kids will find every excuse under the sun to not be there. its just more of a head ache than its worth dealing with. im sure the coaches would not have problem giving a kid a copie of the opponents film if the kid takes it upon himself to ask the coach. its on the kids just as much as it is the coaches

Edited by theplaymaker

i completely agree with this. not for the fact that the kids need rest and family time. but the fact that the kids will find every excuse under the sun to not be there. its just more of a head ache than its worth dealing with. im sure the coaches would not have problem giving a kid a copie of the opponents film. its on the kids just as much as it is the coaches

Right now I think we need to be focusing on us.

If we can get some good volunteers that are proven good coaches along with one of the high school coaches to have a freshman schedule. 5 games or so would be fine. It is hard for freshman to come in and work their tales off all year against upperclassmen then not see much playing time in a jv game. I do understand why they sometimes do not get this playing time, but until we can look at some freshman games it will be hard to keep interest for these freshman. Hopefully we can get the numbers next year to look at this. I also know how thin the coaching staff time is so this is why good help is necessary. I think that this would also help with kids that play in the 8th but are unsure about playing in high school. I think it gives them a year to try.