Rhea at Cleveland

You guys hold grudges huh? It's just football don't be so serious guys :D. That brawl was nasty, uncalled for. That's been a while now, I was a freshman in high school that year. One of our better players(Tim Cooper) went to Rhea Co that year, so that made the game fun, especially basketball(Rhea ended our season that year.

Gosh I said that year three times..uhhhh

If you are a Bradley County High School graduate then why are you on here tooting your horn. Go back over to the Bradley thread where you belong. This is a Rhea/Cleveland battle. Also, I highly doubt you graduated in the 80's because you would know full well the rivals during that time and Rhea County/Cleveland was a big one. Maybe the Cleveland young guys do not take this game as serious as we do and to be honest I hope they dont but you can mark it down that our boys will be reminded this week of how Cleveland came to Bill Horton field several years and caused a big ruckus. We dont forget.

First, I will visit and comment wherever I please, thanks.

Second, although I am a BCHS grad, my kids will be going to Cleveland and hopefully participating in sports there. ..and I am a fan.

What you doubt or believe is really of no concern to me...that's your choice. I have no reason to make something up just to be here. Again, I'm fully aware of district rivalries and all the things that happened between area teams. I have also gotten past all that. None of the kids on this team were on any of those teams. None of the coaches were part of "the brawl" team. This is 2010. Why do you have to hold something stupid against kids who were nowhere around when it happened? Sounds a little desperate to me.

You're not going to be out there and neither am I...why not let the good coaches and hard-working kids compete without making this into something it's not? It's a game.

Second, although I am a BCHS grad, my kids will be going to Cleveland and hopefully participating in sports there. ..and I am a fan.

What you doubt or believe is really of no concern to me...that's your choice. I have no reason to make something up just to be here. Again, I'm fully aware of district rivalries and all the things that happened between area teams. I have also gotten past all that. None of the kids on this team were on any of those teams. None of the coaches were part of "the brawl" team. This is 2010. Why do you have to hold something stupid against kids who were nowhere around when it happened? Sounds a little desperate to me.

You're not going to be out there and neither am I...why not let the good coaches and hard-working kids compete without making this into something it's not? It's a game.

I think Rhea Co. says it best "in Rhea football is the sport and everything else is secondary. The Cleveland-Rhea rivalry means everything to people over here. So get ready for a war Cleveland, we are coming." In Rhea County football is King and most fans here take it serious. Just a way of life on this side of the river. Oh and by the way we have nothing against the kids who will be playing Friday night we just want a big fat W against Cleveland to go down in the books.

Are you some stupid 10th grader that moved to Cleveland last week? I read this and thought what an idiot. You clearly know nothing about the rivals of this district over the last 25 years if you think Rhea and Cleveland are not cut throat, especially after the brawl at RC. I am assuming you didn't see the brawl? Oh I forgot you were having your diaper changed. I am a former player of the 80's and I can assure you next Friday will be a big event. My Green & Gold blood runs overtime this week every year. I look forward to this game probably more than any other. Its a big game! Gee. I still cant believe you made such a stupid statement. Oh and just so you still have not got it Rhea County hates Cleveland. Period.

I think who ever this CheckerboardEndzone 10th grader is needs to learn a little about rivals this week dont you boys.

Wow, glad it's not just me!

What is it with Rhea County folks wanting to believe people are something/someone besides who they say?? I'm new to this whole thing, but is it common for folks to impersonate fans from other schools? Really? I believe that would be the confirmation that someone should really get a life away from the internet.

Looking forward to the Rhea/Cleveland game. Wish I'd seen the CHS offense at work against Walker Valley. (I thought their QB was out for the season!) Instead, I had to be in Cherokee Country watching McMinn fall apart before my eyes. (gonna be a long year in Athens, after all...) Bradley had their A game going...but McMinn was obviously in disarray.

Hopefully, the cross-river showdown will live up to the hype already shown by the faithful.

Wow, glad it's not just me!

What is it with Rhea County folks wanting to believe people are something/someone besides who they say?? I'm new to this whole thing, but is it common for folks to impersonate fans from other schools? Really? I believe that would be the confirmation that someone should really get a life away from the internet.

Looking forward to the Rhea/Cleveland game. Wish I'd seen the CHS offense at work against Walker Valley. (I thought their QB was out for the season!) Instead, I had to be in Cherokee Country watching McMinn fall apart before my eyes. (gonna be a long year in Athens, after all...) Bradley had their A game going...but McMinn was obviously in disarray.

Hopefully, the cross-river showdown will live up to the hype already shown by the faithful.

Its a miracle. I seen a picture of his finger and the bone was sticking out. I would post it but I dont know if it is appropriate for CoachT.

This would be like me saying, "I've been born and raised in the south, but I've watched college football my whole life. That whole Ohio State Michigan thing? It's not a big deal."

You've never been a part of it. What qualifies you to comment? Your vast knowledge of the region? If you say so...

I wish I could go back to when there was only one Cleveland fan again. You have Checkerboardendzone: the guy who graduated from Cleveland's biggest rivals but allows his kids to go to CHS; thus cementing his legacy as a rivalry expert. You've got bluebomber, the Cleveland fan with an identity problem posing as an innocent bystander with nothing better to do on a Friday night than show up at random high school games and then talk about 17 year old kids on a message board. Finally Bleeding blue and CBRF, they seem like decent guys for Cleveland fans.

This would be like me saying, "I've been born and raised in the south, but I've watched college football my whole life. That whole Ohio State Michigan thing? It's not a big deal."

You've never been a part of it. What qualifies you to comment? Your vast knowledge of the region? If you say so...

I wish I could go back to when there was only one Cleveland fan again. You have Checkerboardendzone: the guy who graduated from Cleveland's biggest rivals but allows his kids to go to CHS; thus cementing his legacy as a rivalry expert. You've got bluebomber, the Cleveland fan with an identity problem posing as an innocent bystander with nothing better to do on a Friday night than show up at random high school games and then talk about 17 year old kids on a message board. Finally Bleeding blue and CBRF, they seem like decent guys for Cleveland fans.

Well, I'll tell you this: Cleveland/Rhea is NOT Ohio State/Michigan. Maybe for you and a few of your locals who insist on re-living their high-school days gone by... But, hey...like I said before, you go for it. This is evidently something you need.

I know it might be hard for you to grasp, but we have three high schools to choose from here, instead of just one. So, yes, amazingly folks will potentially send their kids to schools they themselves didn't attend. (there are other important things in life besides high school football rivalries) I would dare say I'm not the first or last to do that. In fact, I've actually heard of people in one state "allowing" their kids to attend college in another! (GASP!)

For some of us, it's about a love for "the game"...not about a love for "this game". We enjoy that every week is important and all the excitement that surrounds Friday night. We don't live and die by what happens on a given night...much less what happened in a game or two over a decade ago. And, if you didn't notice, you are here talking about 17 year-olds playing football too!

Hopefully, after this game is over, we won't have as much to interact about. That is, unless you spend the time between this weekend and next year's game fretting over cheating, money, and who knows who as a reason you lost...again.

So, yep...there are Cleveland fans on here, like it or not. There are casual observers and some who don't have any real concern over all the behind the scenes stuff... We all have a right to be here, and we will all contribute. If you don't like it, maybe you should start a board of your own so the few of you can pat yourselves on the back, swap conspiracy theories, and reminisce about bygone days.

See you Friday.

You've got bluebomber, the Cleveland fan with an identity problem posing as an innocent bystander with nothing better to do on a Friday night than show up at random high school games and then talk about 17 year old kids on a message board. Finally Bleeding blue and CBRF, they seem like decent guys for Cleveland fans.

I'm still tickled, even flattered that so much attention has been paid to me since I got here. Just like many others, I didn't come here to argue...I have used Coach T as an information source for years. Only lately has it interested me enough to begin posting on these boards. I came here to share commentary, and maybe to offer some balance since some school fans seem to dominate the discussions here.

I'm still learning. I need to learn to bite my tongue (fingers?) more, because some of the ideas shared here seem so foreign to me. What I have learned from some, though, is:

• evidently, if you didn't play at a school, go to a school, or have kids at a school...you're not allowed to be interested in a school, much less attend a game
  • if one team says it's a rivalry, by G*d...it's a rivalry! (I think Tennessee suffered this for years with Florida, calling them "rivals", when they considered their rivals Georgia and Florida State)
  • if you disagree with some fellows here, you're either an imposter, a plant, or just plain creepy
  • in Rhea County...football is EVERYTHING

OK...I get it. Lessons learned. Thanks to all my instructors! :D

Goodness gracious. The old goldenbird has made an appearance from Knoxville. I was wondering if you were ever going to post this year since we don't have Brainerd on the schedule. If I remember correctly, you always say something about their fish sandwiches :thumb:

with the wife, kids, and having an actual job...I stay busy. happy114.gifdo still peek in every now and again, it is fun to read what the rhea countians are thinking...

Rhea and Cleveland is always a 2wnzsko.gif...Good Luck to the boys in green!

Edited by goldenbird

Well, I'll tell you this: Cleveland/Rhea is NOT Ohio State/Michigan. Maybe for you and a few of your locals who insist on re-living their high-school days gone by... But, hey...like I said before, you go for it. This is evidently something you need.

I know it might be hard for you to grasp, but we have three high schools to choose from here, instead of just one. So, yes, amazingly folks will potentially send their kids to schools they themselves didn't attend. (there are other important things in life besides high school football rivalries) I would dare say I'm not the first or last to do that. In fact, I've actually heard of people in one state "allowing" their kids to attend college in another! (GASP!)

For some of us, it's about a love for "the game"...not about a love for "this game". We enjoy that every week is important and all the excitement that surrounds Friday night. We don't live and die by what happens on a given night...much less what happened in a game or two over a decade ago. And, if you didn't notice, you are here talking about 17 year-olds playing football too!

Hopefully, after this game is over, we won't have as much to interact about. That is, unless you spend the time between this weekend and next year's game fretting over cheating, money, and who knows who as a reason you lost...again.

So, yep...there are Cleveland fans on here, like it or not. There are casual observers and some who don't have any real concern over all the behind the scenes stuff... We all have a right to be here, and we will all contribute. If you don't like it, maybe you should start a board of your own so the few of you can pat yourselves on the back, swap conspiracy theories, and reminisce about bygone days.

See you Friday.

I have just got one question for ya. Were you are player of "The Game" because if not that would explain your nonchalant attitude. Anyone that has every played "The Game" and is striving for a District Win or State Championship knows that there are many Friday nights that you live and die by as a team. Let me spell it out for ya if you don't win district games then you don't go to the playoffs. If you don't go to the playoffs then you cant go to state. Pretty much live and die by those district games don't you think? :thumb:

I was in Cleveland (wearing my Green & Gold of course) this afternoon shopping with my lovely wife and ran into a Cleveland Raider buddy of mine that I played against back in the day. First words out of his mouth were "Big rival game this week" and I had to laugh and explain that it had been brought to my attention that this game was no longer a big deal to the Raiders. His response was "Bull Sh*#@". Just as I thought.

Over and out I am done with this.

Go Eagles