Who is the best runningback in the state?

runner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he puts up over 150 yards tomorrow night I will agree with you that he is the best back in the state. If not he just has had the fortune of playing some very very average to below average football teams (most were way way below average).

The Trains success is not predicated on his abliity but that of the blocking in front of him. My questions to you which you still have yet to answer pertains to what he has been able to do with a inexperienced and undersized offensive line combined with a QB that at time looks scared to death.

The facts are that he has been able to carry a less that explosive team to a 6-1 record on the verge of a playoff birth in the toughest district in the state of Tennessee regardless of who they have played and who they have beaten. True enough that up to now the best team we played held him in check, but if you asked their coaches what they knew going in they had to do to beat Blackman was to take him away and it took 9 guys in the box to get it done and that wasn't until in the second half we they got a lead and made us have go to our duck and chuck package.

So you can get on here and pontificate all you want having yet to see the kid play and make erroneous assertions while the rest of us that have the privilege of watching enjoy the show. I can assure if the Train was running for Oakland he would have 2000 Yards and 20 Touchdowns. So blow as hard as you want, as for me I am very fortunate to have been watching this show for 6 years now and God willing I get to watch it for another year and a half. :popcorneater:

If he puts up over 150 yards tomorrow night I will agree with you that he is the best back in the state. If not he just has had the fortune of playing some very very average to below average football teams (most were way way below average).

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN...

HE IS A 12 POST WONDER NOW...

AND ALL HIS POST ARE ABOUT HOW GREAT AND MEAN AND BAD AND DOMINATING OAKLAND IS AND ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE BLACKMAN AND I TRAIN IS...

hope you're having fun...and when the I Train signs that big time D1 scholly...you'll still probably making yourself look foolish by coming on here talking about how he is overated...bla...bla...bla...

yup you got me im a oak town fan still doesnt mean what i wrote was not true. Blackman has only beat 1 team with a wining record and they are 5A. Like i said before if he can do it against a top opponent then he is legit if not it has just been the case that one team is way better than the other teams they faced. Hence all the yards that mathers racked up. By the way how many yards did mathers have against smyrna in yalls only loss

yup you got me im a oak town fan still doesnt mean what i wrote was not true. Blackman has only beat 1 team with a wining record and they are 5A. Like i said before if he can do it against a top opponent then he is legit if not it has just been the case that one team is way better than the other teams they faced. Hence all the yards that mathers racked up. By the way how many yards did mathers have against smyrna in yalls only loss

BLA BLA BLA BLA.... BLOW HARD BLOW HARD BLOW HARD...YADA YADA YADA! Irrelevant! Irrelevant! Irrelevant: not relevant : inapplicable <that statement is irrelevant to your argument! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

• 2 weeks later...

Caleb Northcutt - Warren County. Caleb is a hard nose runner with great speed, great cutback ability (a natural). He is 2nd place in school history to the great Jeff Womack in rushing and touchdowns and is averaging more yards per carry than Womack did. Womack held the state rushing record with 6,450 yards. A great feat for a three year career, compared to runningbacks today who have 4 years to pad their stats. Congratulations, Caleb on another great season. In the eyes, of Warren County fans, you are the best running back in the state. And, hopefully another region MVP award awaits you.

Northcutt has talent, but is more of an overachiever. Not even close to the best back in the state. He does run hard though.

Caleb Northcutt - Warren County. Caleb is a hard nose runner with great speed, great cutback ability (a natural). He is 2nd place in school history to the great Jeff Womack in rushing and touchdowns and is averaging more yards per carry than Womack did. Womack held the state rushing record with 6,450 yards. A great feat for a three year career, compared to runningbacks today who have 4 years to pad their stats. Congratulations, Caleb on another great season. In the eyes, of Warren County fans, you are the best running back in the state. And, hopefully another region MVP award awaits you.