Greenback QB out for season!

kees101

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the offense didnt miss a beat with Jeremy at the controls,i hate to hear that about Hogan,they both are fearless Quarterbacks,good luck to Hogan,hope everything heals well!

For the people that say Greenback won't miss a beat I would like for you to explain. Greenback was 3-7 last year. You had a QB that has rushed for over 400 yds and thrown for almost 700 and you think he won't be missed? How long has the Miller kid played QB? 1 quater? He is a good athlete but he played against Lookout Valley (2 wins) and now has Tellico Plains (0 wins). I don't doubt the kid will do fine but do you not think that if the Miller kid was better that he would have been the starter? Do you think you would be 6-2 without Goodson? Just asking? Again, the kid apparently has a severe injury and I think Miller will do fine, but do you not think we would be better off with him as QB?

Edited by jackinthebox

For the people that say Greenback won't miss a beat I would like for you to explain. Greenback was 3-7 last year. You had a QB that has rushed for over 400 yds and thrown for almost 700 and you think he won't be missed? How long has the Miller kid played QB? 1 quater? He is a good athlete but he played against Lookout Valley (2 wins) and now has Tellico Plains (0 wins). I don't doubt the kid will do fine but do you not think that if the Miller kid was better that he would have been the starter? Do you think you would be 6-2 without Goodson? Just asking? Again, the kid apparently has a severe injury and I think Miller will do fine, but do you not think we would be better off with him as QB?

I believe the quote was they didn't miss a beat against LV,didn't say they wouldn't miss a beat for the rest of the year,we like Hogan very much,just giving jeremy a little kudos,he played very well for Hogan,nobody is knocking Hogan.You said it just like we did,we believe they will be just fine,dont make this into a jeremy against Hogan or Greenback against Hogan,i dont know if you were around last year but you cannot compare the two seasons at all,coaching staff was a mess last year!If you want me to be honest,yes i do think we could be 6-2 without Hogan,we wouldn't be 6-2 without richard Seymour,he IS the difference maker right now!The differences of the two are not that great,Jeremy didnt lose the job,he was just more valuable as a reciever,you have to have your best athletes on the field,and Hogan and Jeremy are both great athletes.The two are very comparable.We are very happy to have Hogan,we also wish him a speedy recovery,we definatly have to have him play big next year.I think we will be fine with either one at QB,but right now we have to get behind Jeremy,he is the QB right now.

I believe the quote was they didn't miss a beat against LV,didn't say they wouldn't miss a beat for the rest of the year,we like Hogan very much,just giving jeremy a little kudos,he played very well for Hogan,nobody is knocking Hogan.You said it just like we did,we believe they will be just fine,dont make this into a jeremy against Hogan or Greenback against Hogan,i dont know if you were around last year but you cannot compare the two seasons at all,coaching staff was a mess last year!If you want me to be honest,yes i do think we could be 6-2 without Hogan,we wouldn't be 6-2 without richard Seymour,he IS the difference maker right now!The differences of the two are not that great,Jeremy didnt lose the job,he was just more valuable as a reciever,you have to have your best athletes on the field,and Hogan and Jeremy are both great athletes.The two are very comparable.We are very happy to have Hogan,we also wish him a speedy recovery,we definatly have to have him play big next year.I think we will be fine with either one at QB,but right now we have to get behind Jeremy,he is the QB right now.

did the qb being out hurt greenback that bad. tellico had the brakes beat of them this year.

did the qb being out hurt greenback that bad. tellico had the brakes beat of them this year.

QB play didnt hurt GB against tellico,team did not play well at all,starting tailback went down early 80% of the offense,starting tackle who is also the starting middle linebacker(over 90 tackles in 8 weeks)went down first quarter,may have lost the seymore kid for the year,not much depth,team is young,same as last year not giving the young players any playing time,even in the blow outs,this is catching up with them!If seymore is out they are in trouble.Tellico actually played very well,had nothing to lose.

Not sure what " tellico had the brakes beat of them..." means but I do know Tellico had a couple of big injuries and other reasons some of their better players couldn't play this year, no doubt contributing to a thus far winless season. Injuries hurt 1A schools even worse, simply no depth. The better athletes on these small schools almost always play more than one position so while Greenback may still be able to get good production out of the QB position, losing this kid really hurt the defense and special teams. Just focusing on the QB stats won't really give an accurate measure of the loss of a good athlete on a team this small. While Tellico played inspired ball, far better than their record would indicate, the loss of a Greenback DB who also played QB really helped them almost achieve a pretty good upset.

Edited by maj

Sorry to hear about your QB. Is he a senior or can he come back next year.

He's a junior but his injury is a major one and he may not be able to return next year either. No doubt he could be a big help to a small school next year. If he is unable to return he will be sorely missed.