Sequoyah @ Polk Co.

gosqhs

40-0 Polk county final. Sequoyah never had anything going but tackled great in the open field. Made several key tackles that would have been TD's if they didn't wrap up. Polk looked great and was consistant in every facet of the game. The defense and offense was clicking on all cylinders. 34-0 at half and the 2nd and 3rds went in to finish off the 4th. Great game and awesome night!!! :thumb:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how did that Polk looking forward help the Cheifs out tonight? Yeah Polk fans started talking on the Polk and SP thread but Polk's players had one thing on their minds tonight and that was to win the district agiain. Polk played lights out tonight and played fast and hard hitting. Now on to the real test next week against a very good Sp team.

I would like to know one thing. Why wouldn't Coach Satterfield shake hands with the Polk staff after the game? He just walked straight off of the field into the dressing room. Was he upset that Polk didn't throw one pass in the second half or was he upset that Polk's JV's took three knees inside the 10 at the end of the game to keep from making the score 46 - 0?

I would like to know one thing. Why wouldn't Coach Satterfield shake hands with the Polk staff after the game? He just walked straight off of the field into the dressing room. Was he upset that Polk didn't throw one pass in the second half or was he upset that Polk's JV's took three knees inside the 10 at the end of the game to keep from making the score 46 - 0?

The Sq. coachs were crying missed calls etc.Although one was realistic ,and I quote,"Hes shell shocked,hes been hit too many times ",near the middle of the third.Another quote,"They're shooting theirselves in the foot.I guess he was expecting something different than cram it down your throat football,a POLK county tradition. :unsure: and :motorbike:

Think he got mad at the onside kick after second TD. Also heard he felt polk was hitting late? Sequoyah has played Polk tough in the first half last couple of years so dont see aproblem with putting points up early. To the chiefs credit they problably did the best job of tackling in the open field we have seen all year. Edited by bigcat77

Think he got mad at the onside kick after second TD. Also heard he felt polk was hitting late? Sequoyah has played Polk tough in the first half last couple of years so dont see aproblem with putting points up early. To the chiefs credit they problably did the best job of tackling in the open field we have seen all year.

Coach Satterfield has been around for a long time and was on the "giving" end way more that the receiving end of a thrashing. He should realize that 1) Polk starters haven't played past halftime but a couple of times and they need, this late in the season, to get playoff minutes in. 2) The onside...again, he should understand that sometimes you do things to give down the road opponents something to prepare for. I am very disappointed if he didn't have the courtesy to shake hands...poor sportsmanship may be why some folks in this district has Sequoyah at the top of the list of who they want to beat the most!

It sounds like he was upset with something more than the scoring, it was mentioned he thought there were late hits. Maybe there was more along those lines, at least in his view.

Talked to someone who was there...and not a Polk fan...Polk swarms to the ball, but didn't see hits after the whistle. I have seen them twice and they don't trash talk...just get after you! And IF that is the problem, he should have taken it up with the refs...not the Polk staff.

Edited by elhosel

Think he got mad at the onside kick after second TD. Also heard he felt polk was hitting late? Sequoyah has played Polk tough in the first half last couple of years so dont see aproblem with putting points up early. To the chiefs credit they problably did the best job of tackling in the open field we have seen all year.

i think that its funny he is mad about polk hitting late and scoring when the game was in hand when he did the exact same thing to central. what goes around comes around. i think the officials are terrible at polk co but the coach is classy. he doesnt control the officials.