Millington VS Lafayette Co. MS.

trojanswars365

This will be a tough game. This team is ranked #1 in 4A in MS. I believe they are undefeated also. Big, strong, athletic. Can we win this game? What will it take?

One heck of a defensive effort. My understanding is that Lafayette Co. throws the ball all over the place. Combine that with a solid running game, our defense will be tested. Would be a great win! Go Trojans!!!!

They are actually more of a running team. Average almost 280 on the ground and 123 through the air. Two main ballcarriers-RB #5(5'9 205)-132 carries 1231 yds 9.33/carry 153.9/gm with 19 TD and the QB #1(6'3 235)- 76 carries 594 yds 7.82/carry 84.9/gm with 8 TD. The most any other back has carried is 16 carries. They have a NG that is 6' 343.

Sounds like they are a run oriented team. Dual threat QB?! Our defense will have to contain the QB to stop them not to mention what sounds like a good running back. This would be a good win for us even though they are a 4A team. I'm trying to think of a 4A team in Tn. to compare them to?????

This team is not a South Panola, Meridian, Madison Central, West Jones type school. I think our Trojans should beat them.

Edited by trojanswars365

Sounds like they are a run oriented team. Dual threat QB?! Our defense will have to contain the QB to stop them not to mention what sounds like a good running back. This would be a good win for us even though they are a 4A team. I'm trying to think of a 4A team in Tn. to compare them to?????

This team is not a South Panola, Meridian, Madison Central, West Jones type school. I think our Trojans should beat them.

While I would love to see Millington defeat the LaFayette County Commodores of Mississippi, I just do not believe that Millington will be able to keep pace and outscore LaFayette:

LaFayette 31 -- Millington 14

--------------------------------------

I have not personally seen Lafayette play, but follow the Mississippi HS forum and have read a number of interesting things (much of which were excerpts from the Mississippi newspaper, The Clarion Ledger) about this team. Here are just a few of them:

-- Last year's 4A State Runner Up, with mostly Sophomores!

-- Widely expected to win the State Championship this year (Pre-Season rank #1)....AND next year!

-- Efficient, explosive offense -- run AND pass.

-- Very physical Offensive line and stout defensive line; very strong versus the run.

-- Dual threat Junior QB, Jeremy Liggins (6' 3", 240 lbs) makes their offense very difficult to stop.

-- Last year, Liggins threw for 18 TD's and ran for another 16, accounting for nearly 3,000 total yards!

-- Stocky, bruising RB -- Dennis, is said to also possess lots of speed in the open field.

-- I also recall reading something about a 2nd RB who is supposedly just as fast and strong.

-------------------------------------------------

So far in 2010, LaFayette has very much lived up to expectations.....I also can not think of a Tennessee 4A school of which to compare them.

Good luck to Millington.

Edited by TraderB

After seeing a little film on them, they run the spread like so many teams do nowadays. But most of their production comes via the ground. This will be a very difficult game if Millington were healthy but they are banged up coming into this one. The Trojans would like to win this one but in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing. If they beat Craigmont and Arlington in the next 2 weeks, they will win the district and be an automatic qualifier for the playoffs.

Every win and every loss means a lot. Losing seasons and games hurts programs support and team morale. Winning solves a lot of ills. If we do happen to beat Craigmont and Arlington it sets us up to play teams the caliber of Laf Co. in the playoffs. We need this win tonite. We have the talent to beat a 4A team.

Go Trojans! It was nice to see #36 contribute in a big way on offense last week. That's the kind of perfomance we are going to need tonight. #82 showed up big on D as well. He along with #55 and #66 are all sophmores and should all three anchor the Trojan d the next few years.

Go Trojans! It was nice to see #36 contribute in a big way on offense last week. That's the kind of perfomance we are going to need tonight. #82 showed up big on D as well. He along with #55 and #66 are all sophmores and should all three anchor the Trojan d the next few years.

Stay Proud TROJANS

Every win and every loss means a lot. Losing seasons and games hurts programs support and team morale. Winning solves a lot of ills. If we do happen to beat Craigmont and Arlington it sets us up to play teams the caliber of Laf Co. in the playoffs. We need this win tonite. We have the talent to beat a 4A team.

Millington will destroy Craigmont with the region title on the line, Craigmont will not be able to stand up to the pressure---Millington 24 Craigmont 7.