RBS vs JC

jcfan911

Any thoughts on this one? RBS is an improved team, I still think JC has an edge here.

it is dfinetly an edge to jc, but rbs could have a chance if the play there best game and jc plays there worst but rbs did play wit monterey which may have gave them a lil confidence so idk how this will go just depends how both teams come out

Edited by manOmanUgotKILLED

Shut down #24 and #8 doesnt have a leg to stand on so i hope the best for both teams but i think RBS will fight more than some of you all think.

I'm not sure thats all true now. JC has alot of skill players, Ethan Kirby #84, Hobie Leonard #1 Blake Bowman #6 are all very good athletes and tough match ups for RBS. Remember we have our starting runing back back in the lineup so he will get better every game #28. I look for him to have a big game as well. as for shutting down 24 well if they throw him the ball i don't like your chances. the only time he has been shut down is when they quit throwing it to him. Case in point the Clay Co. game, where he was only thrown to 6 times 2 of which were out of bounds, the other 4 were caught for an average of 30 yards a pop. Thrown to 7 times in Monterey all 7 times he caught it for 220 yards and 3 touchdowns. The coaches usually have a good game plan and so far its working pretty darn good. I mean when is the last time you could say JC played a meaningful football game in October? GO BIG BLUE!!

I'm not sure thats all true now. JC has alot of skill players, Ethan Kirby #84, Hobie Leonard #1 Blake Bowman #6 are all very good athletes and tough match ups for RBS. Remember we have our starting runing back back in the lineup so he will get better every game #28. I look for him to have a big game as well. as for shutting down 24 well if they throw him the ball i don't like your chances. the only time he has been shut down is when they quit throwing it to him. Case in point the Clay Co. game, where he was only thrown to 6 times 2 of which were out of bounds, the other 4 were caught for an average of 30 yards a pop. Thrown to 7 times in Monterey all 7 times he caught it for 220 yards and 3 touchdowns. The coaches usually have a good game plan and so far its working pretty darn good. I mean when is the last time you could say JC played a meaningful football game in October? GO BIG BLUE!!

Well, you have some good points there devilfanatic. But, all im saying is that #24 beat clay co on his own. I didn't see any of those kids making many plays. Im sure they are all good but clay co beat themselves with penalities late in the game. I wish the best for both teams. By the way, RBS some of their key players are injured.

Edited by chickenfighter

Clay didn't help themselves thats for sure but to say JC had nothing to do with beating them would be wrong. JC stopped throwing in the second half, the players mentioned to me after the game about the coach going conservitive. If they had kept throwing this game would have ended with JC up by 21. Nobody wins a game alone unless 24 threw the baqll ran down feild and caught and blocked everyone on his own.4 Different players scored TD's that night not one. Now with that said as bad as the coverage was by both teams he might have been able to throw and catch himself I hope RBS cant throw because JC's coverage was horrible when Clay did throw.

I'd have to watch the JC/Clay game on film to remember much of it. I do know JC played a poor 2nd half and CC played a hard fought 2nd half. One area that CC did expose again, in my opinion, is JC's inability to stop the run up the middle. CC had a long drive, took a lot of time off the clock by just running it up the middle.

I am sure RBS will try to run up the middle as well. I am sure the JC coaches have worked on that part of their defense as well.

Agree with Devilfanatic. Get the ball in #24 hands often! He's pretty good on defense too.

Looks like a great night for high school football!

Clay didn't help themselves thats for sure but to say JC had nothing to do with beating them would be wrong. JC stopped throwing in the second half, the players mentioned to me after the game about the coach going conservitive. If they had kept throwing this game would have ended with JC up by 21. Nobody wins a game alone unless 24 threw the baqll ran down feild and caught and blocked everyone on his own.4 Different players scored TD's that night not one. Now with that said as bad as the coverage was by both teams he might have been able to throw and catch himself I hope RBS cant throw because JC's coverage was horrible when Clay did throw.

Good post! Totally agree, this team is full of playmakers on both sides of the ball. Cody Garrison, Chance Ragland, and Nolen Spivey have been making some great plays on the defensive side of the ball as well as Jeret Goad. I seen him playing some safety last week and made some key plays on passing downs. Jeret is also one of the best QB's around, he is hitting the receivers in stride which makes a huge difference. The O line is giving us time to throw and making holes to run in which is huge! The coaches are doing what they need to to win games, if i'm guessing right they haven't unveiled what they will do in the playoffs and rightfully so. This team isn't about 1 guy, its about finally having a good team with athletes at every position. Oh and yeah its a great night for football!