District 7 (A-AA)

CHAMPDDS

The Cabal have convened and have come to the decision that this game is....To Close To Call. For you football fans a "pick'em" game. It's the Establishment against the up starts. :roflolk: Going to be a real slobber knocker.

But if I have to predict the game....I PREDICT 3 yellows and 0 Reds. 12 yelled commits of "Call it both ways Ref", and 6 yelled commits of "push'em back or Don't let them push you or some derivative there of." :thumb:

I would add:

7 sarcastic "Thank you..."s when the fan finally gets a foul called his way..

14 "THAT'S A HANDBALL REF !"

3 "HIGH KICK !"

d

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was close...I believe I counted 5 yellow against Signal Mountain, and 0 against CCS, and 2 of the yellows equated to the new "soft red card" for one of the SM players...The center ref allowed (in my opinion) way too much, and called the game very loose...

The game has me wanting to paraphrase an old joke, "I WENT TO A FIGHT THE OTHER NIGHT AND A SOCCER GAME BROKE OUT"....Very physical game, but SM plays a little over the top (as is evident in the card count from 2 games I have witnessed, CCS and Notre Dame)...Indeed a pretty good scuttle broke out between two players towards the end of the game after a night of clashing, and the center ref appeared to need to pull/restrain one of the Signal girls from going after the CCS more (which raised some discussion in the stands regarding a male ref grabbing a female player, but that's another issue)...The SM girls continued to talk back and yell at the ref, yet no card, etc...That incident raises an interesting question I would like to pose to the Signal Mountain folks....Just curious, What purpose do you think it served the game for that group of SM parents to rush out onto the field during this time ? I would venture to say, if the ref had not been so distracted trying to breakup a very volatile situation, he would have hopefully addressed that group of 'concerned' parents....TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR ! :angry:

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Well I was close...I believe I counted 5 yellow against Signal Mountain, and 0 against CCS, and 2 of the yellows equated to the new "soft red card" for one of the SM players...The center ref allowed (in my opinion) way too much, and called the game very loose...

The game has me wanting to paraphrase an old joke, "I WENT TO A FIGHT THE OTHER NIGHT AND A SOCCER GAME BROKE OUT"....Very physical game, but SM plays a little over the top (as is evident in the card count from 2 games I have witnessed, CCS and Notre Dame)...Indeed a pretty good scuttle broke out between two players towards the end of the game after a night of clashing, and the center ref appeared to need to pull/restrain one of the Signal girls from going after the CCS more (which raised some discussion in the stands regarding a male ref grabbing a female player, but that's another issue)...The SM girls continued to talk back and yell at the ref, yet no card, etc...That incident raises an interesting question I would like to pose to the Signal Mountain folks....Just curious, What purpose do you think it served the game for that group of SM parents to rush out onto the field during this time ? I would venture to say, if the ref had not been so distracted trying to breakup a very volatile situation, he would have hopefully addressed that group of 'concerned' parents....TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR ! :angry:

In MY opinion, I would not recruit any player from the SM team, I am looking for Talent, sportsmanship, integrity and above all RESPECT, respect for her teammates, her coach and the school. Their behavior was unacceptable. You cant bully your way through games, you have to really have the talent to win championships. Which when it came right down to just talent (PK'S) THE TALENTED TEAM REALLY WON. CCS GREAT JOB !

In MY opinion, I would not recruit any player from the SM team, I am looking for Talent, sportsmanship, integrity and above all RESPECT, respect for her teammates, her coach and the school. Their behavior was unacceptable. You cant bully your way through games, you have to really have the talent to win championships. Which when it came right down to just talent (PK'S) THE TALENTED TEAM REALLY WON. CCS GREAT JOB !

The old adage holds true...A team is a reflection of their coach.

Congrats CCS