Nooga Area

MVM

And why would they not......Maybe, Just maybe, It beats getting thumped. The Chattanooga teams have not been very kind to Sequatchie Co.. If memory serves me right ND beat them one year 18-0. AND one starter scored 6 or 8 goals that game.

MVM- I would seriously check your memory before criticizing the Irish.....Notre Dame only played Sequatchie one time in the past 6 years-I only went back to 2004 (just last season, in the District semi-final, they forfeited the regular season game against ND last year also)...the score was 10-0...Not even close to 18-0.........In addition last season, East Hamilton won 11-0 against them in regular season, and the two district games they did opt to play, the score was 11-0 against Signal Mt, and 9-0 against CCS....So Sequatchie, in my opinion, has no true "History" of actually playing ND to base their decision on since they have matched up only once...

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVM- I would seriously check your memory before criticizing the Irish.....Notre Dame only played Sequatchie one time in the past 6 years-I only went back to 2004 (just last season, in the District semi-final, they forfeited the regular season game against ND last year also)...the score was 10-0...Not even close to 18-0.........In addition last season, East Hamilton won 11-0 against them in regular season, and the two district games they did opt to play, the score was 11-0 against Signal Mt, and 9-0 against CCS....So Sequatchie, in my opinion, has no true "History" of actually playing ND to base their decision on since they have matched up only once...

D

Guys Guys ....Calm down Seq. Co. only started their program in '07 or '08 and the score I was thinking about was on the boys side before they were placed in your district. Matter of fact the Seq. boys that year had girls on the squad to have a full team.

But Champs and CC, you made my point.. with all the high scores that the Chatt. teams have put up on Seq. Co. why would they want to play the power houses of ND, CCS, and the emerging power house of SM?

Edited by MVM

Guys Guys ....Calm down Seq. Co. only started their program in '07 or '08 and the score I was thinking about was on the boys side before they were placed in your district. Matter of fact the Seq. boys that year had girls on the squad to have a full team.

But Champs and CC, you made my point.. with all the high scores that the Chatt. teams have put up on Seq. Co. why would they want to play the power houses of ND, CCS, and the emerging power house of SM?

Yet they did play Signal Mountain, but selectively opted to not play Notre Dame and CCS....How do you think it would be received in the football community if district teams were allowed to simply opt out of playing certain teams, especially in the district tournament ???...Ridiculous....It simply doesn't happen..you take your licks and move on...Quitters Never Win, and Winners Never Quit...Hope it was a unanimous decision among the Sequatchie players and parents....

Yet they did play Signal Mountain, but selectively opted to not play Notre Dame and CCS....How do you think it would be received in the football community if district teams were allowed to simply opt out of playing certain teams, especially in the district tournament ???...Ridiculous....It simply doesn't happen..you take your licks and move on...Quitters Never Win, and Winners Never Quit...Hope it was a unanimous decision among the Sequatchie players and parents....

I'm not disagreeing with you...Only offering a possible reason why they don't want to play you guys or CCS. And as far as playing SM this year, I think everyone knew they were going to be better this year, but no one couldn't have predicted they would have emerged has a powerhouse this year.

Face it you are a victim of your own success...Enjoy It :flower:

This is why I hate grouping teams by the size of the schools, instead of success on the field....But that's for another thread.

Edited by MVM

I'm not disagreeing with you...Only offering a possible reason why they don't want to play you guys or CCS. And as far as playing SM this year, I think everyone knew they were going to be better this year, but no one couldn't have predicted they would have emerged has a powerhouse this year.

Face it you are a victim of your own success...Enjoy It :flower:

This is why I hate grouping teams by the size of the schools, instead of success on the field....But that's for another thread.

Sorry MVM, didn't mean to blast out at you, We are in agreement that Sequatchie would have had a tough game against ND, but the lack of them even trying iritates the stew out of me... It is very irritating that a coach/team would opt to not even try....I would really like to know if other high school sports have this same 'bail out' philosophy...

D

Sorry MVM, didn't mean to blast out at you, We are in agreement that Sequatchie would have had a tough game against ND, but the lack of them even trying iritates the stew out of me... It is very irritating that a coach/team would opt to not even try....I would really like to know if other high school sports have this same 'bail out' philosophy...

D

I am with you here Champ. It is like my earlier post regarding playing for a tie. What send to message does it send to children when you don't even try to win? Awful. The only acceptable reason for not playing is not having the players to field a team. In addition, how are the players on this team going to develop? Playing the best competition possible, even if you lose, is the only was to expose players to game strategy and skill that they need to learn. In my opinion, that coach has walked away not just from a game, but from his coaching duties.

I am with you here Champ. It is like my earlier post regarding playing for a tie. What send to message does it send to children when you don't even try to win? Awful. The only acceptable reason for not playing is not having the players to field a team. In addition, how are the players on this team going to develop? Playing the best competition possible, even if you lose, is the only was to expose players to game strategy and skill that they need to learn. In my opinion, that coach has walked away not just from a game, but from his coaching duties.

ND played East Ridge for years in soccer. A majority of the time 2 games a season. Most of the games were very lopsided, but the ER team always showed up to play. I don't remember them ever forfeiting a game. Those girls knew when they took the field what the outcome of the game would most likely be. Those girls never complained, they just played their hearts out. I always thought they were such a classy group of girls. They would show up, play hard and hold there heads up high after every loss. Sequatchie Co. needs to learn to do the same.

ND played East Ridge for years in soccer. A majority of the time 2 games a season. Most of the games were very lopsided, but the ER team always showed up to play. I don't remember them ever forfeiting a game. Those girls knew when they took the field what the outcome of the game would most likely be. Those girls never complained, they just played their hearts out. I always thought they were such a classy group of girls. They would show up, play hard and hold there heads up high after every loss. Sequatchie Co. needs to learn to do the same.

You are absolutely correct, I remember a game they maybe just barely had 11 players, but still came and played...very respectable !

D