Polk hosts SP

Coach J

Don't say this is too early to post this thread because if you hop over to the 1a & 2a forum look at the SP vs. LV thread it is practically about how SP is preparing for Polk....

I think this is going to be an amazing test for the Cats and will no doubt be the game of the year for local HS football. I can't wait to see the stands fill up this go round!!! I am so ready to see how the Pirates can travel to Polk's house!!! I feel Polk will play a great game and it will be closer than expected either way. I will make no predictions and I will leave it at that!!! Hope for the best and that all the players and fans have a very enjoyable time and good sportmanship flows!!! My only question is will SP be prepared to take a few hard knocks? CAN'T WAIT!!!

Edited by Coach J

Closer than everyone thinks......Dad burnit recon any fellers that don't see this as a great game is surely suffering from a skillet attack. Don't knows if the Pirates stack up well with the Wildcats or not figure ole Roy will let us all know. Should be plenty of earholing thou. :thumb:

Don't ritely see why so many threads is closed anyhow.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

South Pittsburg is a pretty good team this season, but don't know if they have anything for Polk County-Benton or not. Polk County-Benton came to South Pittsburg last year and took the game from the S.P. boys. I hope S.P. wins, but I am not expecting it. I think this one will be a HUGE challenge for this young pirate team. How are Polk County-Benton's numbers this year? Alot of senior starters? I think S.P. has 45 players when all are healthy and 8 are seniors. They are awfully young to get thrown into a ring of RABID WILDCATS. We will have to see how that goes.

Polk has great senior leadership on both sides of the ball. The underclassmen that start got alot of playing time last year and the year before so they have experience. Polk's passing defense will be tested against SP. Polk's o-line will have to stay with their blocks till the whistle which the o-line has played great all year. Then you have Polk's backs and qb which spread teh ball around can't jsut key on one player. Polk has shown it can throw which might be the way Polk has to get the running game some room to work. Polk's defense is quick at reaction and once they get a player tied up they call roll. Polk will be playing with a lot of heart and Pride. This should be a great game and I know both teams are ready for it. Hope all the SP fans have a safe trip up to Benton next week. Good luck to both teams on a injury free game. Go Polk

Thanks for the heads up on the speed trap in Benton. Just tell your boys not to beat up our kids from SP too bad. We need everyone healthy for the playoff run. This is one game that SP probably isnt expecting to win. I am hoping for a win, but not really expecting it. You guys made a believer out of me last season. If SP turns the ball over a couple of times then they could lose by 21. The only chance they have to keep it close is to play a turnover free game. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks for the heads up on the speed trap in Benton. Just tell your boys not to beat up our kids from SP too bad. We need everyone healthy for the playoff run. This is one game that SP probably isnt expecting to win. I am hoping for a win, but not really expecting it. You guys made a believer out of me last season. If SP turns the ball over a couple of times then they could lose by 21. The only chance they have to keep it close is to play a turnover free game. That's just my opinion though.

One more post like these two an' I'm thinking - !!! SANDBAGGER !!! :o

Yep, we ought to see the best game this year.Pirates will come with the rose colored glasses back at the field house,this year,lookin' fer blood AND payback.As Bradley did at the start of the season.Hope our boys have realized the clock started about 9:45 P.M. 10-15-10 on this one.We give it up like we did with B.C. Can't afford ANY miscues here.Any one on this side the river think otherwise , they need a brain donor. :o : ,,,,,,,jus' sayin',,,,,,kno' whuta mean,,,,,,an' then sum,,,,,,'s all I got,,,,, :motorbike: