South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

Looks like you really don't know what your talking about! Maybe you should take those blinders off and listen to powerp, who made a great post and gave credit where credit was due. The Polk team played fantastic tonight everyone done a great job. I'm proud for the whole group of young men. Good luck to Pirates in the playoffs hope you guy's win it all. How are we compared to Signal now that some of you SP fans have seen us both?

SM has the offensive edge and Polk has the defensive edge..Signal also has great special teams there guy can really boot it...would be interesting and both have similar depth so...take your pick :thumb:

Looks like you really don't know what your talking about! Maybe you should take those blinders off and listen to powerp, who made a great post and gave credit where credit was due. The Polk team played fantastic tonight everyone done a great job. I'm proud for the whole group of young men. Good luck to Pirates in the playoffs hope you guy's win it all. How are we compared to Signal now that some of you SP fans have seen us both?

You are an clueless. The TSSAA does in fact do each of the playoff groups differently. Plus, I have given P.C. plenty of credit early in this thread and after the game and in last years thread. However, I've been on this board for nearly 8 years and I haven't seen your numerology b.s. around here before.

Edited by rlh

Or perhaps the coaches are so used to running by the muffins like Jasper and Whitwell and can't shift gears when they run into a classic football team. South Pittsburg has always been a small team and used to play the power game by eating the clock and running the ball down peoples throats with a steady stream of backs coming in and set up the big running play or pass play. These spread defenses and offenses don't do any good when the skill players get smacked in the mouth with no blocking. In fact as recent as 2007, the Pirates line play and run blocking was far superior to the past 2 years.

Nope. I believe the SP coaches know full well when they're mercy ruling local regular season teams, that doesn't make the Pirates an unbeatable powerhouse. I don't need a lesson in SP football history; quite sure I've watched more of it take place than you. IF the coaches had tried to "run the ball down peoples (Polks) throats with a steady stream of backs coming in and set up the big running play or pass play" tonight, the score would have been the same, with some of those backs hurt more than likely. Polk was and is that much better than SP tonight. Sometime during this years playoffs these Pirates will face a similiar team to Polk. They better be ready and able to beat a purely physical team or another gold ball won't happen. RE that 2007 Pirate team; loaded with talent, size, speed and LEADERSHIP, everything it takes to win championships. This years team is hardly a shadow of that team. It will be a tough undertaking for these Pirates to win it all this year.

Well, what people outside of SP and even some in SP don't realize is we do have those kind of players.... but because we are such a smalllllllll school, those guys have to play line. I guarantee you that if #76 Jakoby ran the ball, you will have a VERY tough time getting him down! If #50 ran the ball it would be the same way.

Agreed.......I've thought that for awhile.

Last years SP team is better than this years team. Anyone else still disagree? 6 turnovers. 4 interceptions. Did Terrell have 4 interceptions all year?

Yes but not sure how many. But remember Terrell was a 2 year starter that got meaningful playing time as a Soph too. Travis started tight and never got in a groove and got tighter as the night went on. Polk had some to do with that...we couldn't run effectively so that allowed polk to drop more in coverage and he got hit more than once. Had a couple balls tipped too. Polk's coaches did a good job of mixing up the coverages and keep him off balance. Trav has to put this one behind him...the whole team does...and get ready for next week.

Nope. I believe the SP coaches know full well when they're mercy ruling local regular season teams, that doesn't make the Pirates an unbeatable powerhouse. I don't need a lesson in SP football history; quite sure I've watched more of it take place than you. IF the coaches had tried to "run the ball down peoples (Polks) throats with a steady stream of backs coming in and set up the big running play or pass play" tonight, the score would have been the same, with some of those backs hurt more than likely. Polk was and is that much better than SP tonight. Sometime during this years playoffs these Pirates will face a similiar team to Polk. They better be ready and able to beat a purely physical team or another gold ball won't happen. RE that 2007 Pirate team; loaded with talent, size, speed and LEADERSHIP, everything it takes to win championships. This years team is hardly a shadow of that team. It will be a tough undertaking for these Pirates to win it all this year.

The game plan was weak. The level of coaching hasn't been what it was since 2007 either. P.C. read their book and predicted their strategy. You are naive if you think the spread offense and the 3-4 defense is the salvation for small schools. There is nothing worse than the spread when the wheels come off. The game went from a game midway in the 3rd qrt to a Monkey Stomping by the end of the 3rd. Now go give your sage advice to Jasper because if the Pirates are a shadow, I guess Jasper has to have team meetings via seance. I'm not going to pin the leadership on the kids. The buck stops with the guys calling the plays.

Yes but not sure how many. But remember Terrell was a 2 year starter that got meaningful playing time as a Soph too. Travis started tight and never got in a groove and got tighter as the night went on. Polk had some to do with that...we couldn't run effectively so that allowed polk to drop more in coverage and he got hit more than once. Had a couple balls tipped too. Polk's coaches did a good job of mixing up the coverages and keep him off balance. Trav has to put this one behind him...the whole team does...and get ready for next week.

The coaches need to step up and take this one off the kids and get them ready for the run! :thumb: There will be some dogfights along the way.

You are an clueless. The TSSAA does in fact do each of the playoff groups differently. Plus, I have given P.C. plenty of credit early in this thread and after the game and in last years thread. However, I've been on this board for nearly 8 years and I haven't seen your numerology b.s. around here before.

I never visit the 1A boards except for this game and I knew that TSSAA did the brackets different. However, you don't really know what your talking about when it comes to 3A and Polk County. All you know is how many gold or silver balls a team has. Are you SP's designated ball washer? As for my numerology do you know what it stand for or are you clueless? :popcorneater:

Edited by 6+4+3=2

The game plan was weak. The level of coaching hasn't been what it was since 2007 either. P.C. read their book and predicted their strategy. You are naive if you think the spread offense and the 3-4 defense is the salvation for small schools. There is nothing worse than the spread when the wheels come off. The game went from a game midway in the 3rd qrt to a Monkey Stomping by the end of the 3rd. Now go give your sage advice to Jasper because if the Pirates are a shadow, I guess Jasper has to have team meetings via seance. I'm not going to pin the leadership on the kids. The buck stops with the guys calling the plays.

The game plan was good... execution was not and Polk had a lot to do with that. The plays were there we just didn't make them on offense or defense...both line and skill players had problems. Plain and simple Polk is a better team. I don't think 35 points better...but better. They are a bigger school with only 2 kids playing each way. Hard to compete with that. I said earlier this week PC is a better team than SM and I stand by that.

Congrats to Polk for playing a great game...#12 Allen made the difference offensively and defensively. He had one heck of a game

Edited by zonepirate