Gordonsville vs Clay Co.

pasttiger

Great post Boarhog, and i think you are exactly right about how Clay County football is now. One thing i do wish the present day players from Clay knew is the great history of the Celina teams. That might be one thing that would possibly help Clay is if they knew their history, if they would have the same heart, toughness, and determination that the Celina teams of the past had. I just wish the players would actually take the games seriously like i know the Celina teams did.

Great post Boarhog, and i think you are exactly right about how Clay County football is now. One thing i do wish the present day players from Clay knew is the great history of the Celina teams. That might be one thing that would possibly help Clay is if they knew their history, if they would have the same heart, toughness, and determination that the Celina teams of the past had. I just wish the players would actually take the games seriously like i know the Celina teams did.

i agree walkdog...if the team took the practice and games as serious as they did back then i believe that the team would be alot better.

couldn't agree more boarhog, but guys we gotta football game. from what i know, clay still has a fighting chance for post season play, i do not doubt they come out swingin', just hope they can stick with it and hopefully finish, for g-ville well probably just another post season warm up to get the kinks out. clay will definately have to play the best game they've played in A COUPLE of years, gotta strive for perfection and execution friday. i believe they have the playmakers, they got the size, they just need to get all their pride and heart and lay it on the line. if it's a win for clay no doubt in anyone's mind it'll be close, can't give up at any point. Go CC :popcorneater:

dont be so cocky, croz.

Not being confindent or cocky, just stating the facts as I see them.

Now if this was the 90's I'd be looking forward to a good game, but it's not.

I hope Celina turns their program around as much as or more than anyone that's outside of the program.

I'll be there Friday night and wouldn't mind meeting up with hyline and Boarhog. We definitely played against each other, and we could talk about solving the world's problems while my kids run around on the track.

BTW, except for the visitor's seating, ya'lls facilities are top notch.

Let me get in on this....not the topic at hand. I think G'vlle rolls, but......

You all are talking my era (97 season - 98 Grad)...as you already know Croz. Hyline...Boarhog...If I played against you, I have nothing but respect. The CELINA teams that I used to know were pretty dang good. You guys always had monsters. Now my Sr. year wasn't that close, but that was the case with everyone. Regardless, you guys advanced in the playoffs far enough to face us again. Man...our old region used to be pretty tough. I wish you all were still on the same level as back then. Add in FCS now, and it makes our Region/District much, much stronger. Just curious to what has happened in Clay Co. since those days. I definitely would like to meet you all sometime.

Best of luck to both teams. Hope it's an injury free game. :thumb:

i mis them days as well i mean i would give anything to have football in cc like it used to be

Gordonsville will mercy rule Clay County in this one. Gordonsville by 35. AT THE HALF. Gordonsville wins by 49. I wish SP had a game like this one this week. SP will be in Polk County getting a beat down put on us by the 3A Wildcats. Just hope our players dont get crippled.

well ambassador i hope cc can suprise u maybe they will suprise everyone but idk just depends on how cc plays and yea it aint the 90s for all u guys it is 2010 lets make a new future bulldogs and change it to wat it used to be go dogs