Cleveland at Ooltewah

Bleedingblue

Never see anything? I was there - were you? Please re-read my post . . . note that I was pretty tough on the Ooltewah team for losing this game. No rose-colored glasses here. Would like to give you the opportunity to take this "reaction" back, please.

Lol i didn't even read this whole thread. I did not see this game but I have seen Ooltewah. Not very good, kind of like us, the tools are there, but its just not coming together. I wasn't singling you out or anything brother. I just like to give you Ooltewah fans a hard time cause it is so easy.

P.S My "reaction" stands.

If a rule was broken then it's everyone's business that Cleveland played this year. I wouldn't have even asked but it was brought up yet again. All of you likely know the answers, a simple yes or no would do and would end all of the discussion. I'm like you, I'd like to see it finished too. "Why don't you go ask him yourself" isn't a yes or no.

I know nothing. I have no reason to worry about a kid that is not mine or related to me.

If a rule was broken then it's everyone's business that Cleveland played this year. I wouldn't have even asked but it was brought up yet again. All of you likely know the answers, a simple yes or no would do and would end all of the discussion. I'm like you, I'd like to see it finished too. "Why don't you go ask him yourself" isn't a yes or no.

I think Soddy might ask this question before Thursdays game.

Since it was brought up, again, here is a chance for anyone from Cleveland to finish it:

Does he live with parents or guardians, as required by the TSSAA? That doesn't mean living with parents or guardians just a couple nights a week and staying near the new school most days, with friends' families. That's not acceptable to the TSSAA either.

If the answer is yes, and they're not getting past it by having him stay with teammates during the week, then the discussion should be over.

*for once, I agree with Indian

if there is a mid season ???? question of a kid's eligibility...that is Cleveland Football Staff's problem along with A.D.-----everyone from Soddy to North Bradley know that Clev Back lives in both homes...Clev and Soddy...

A Cleveland Football program should never have to 'bend' an eligibility rule for any great player. .... why???.... These athletes are walking the halls of all Clev city schools from preK to a Senior.

Cleveland has never found a coach to work the community like Monroe did. If I was KK Slaughter, I would be Coach Monroe's best friend and just absorb info about how HE made Cleveland The Program.

B)

Edited by phishdad

All we are simply saying is that the best person to answer this question for you is Jamarcus and his family. Thats the only reason we said go ask him. If you want to know what we "know"....he lives in Cleveland with his dad. There problem solved.

This is probably not true. We don't seem to trust your school anymore after all the kids that you have housed over the years. But why did you only address one of the players? Weren't there two?

Wow is all I can say...

Ya know, the Rhea County folks gave us a hard time BEFORE our game with them. They were very sportsmanlike after the game, though. We didn't get much out of Ooltewah going into Friday's game, but look at all the comments now!

More sour grapes than you could squeeze in a lifetime. I think that shows where the class lies, doesn't it? Isn't it Ooltewah that's been known in the last few "Benny" years as "transfer high"? Where were these folks then??

Cry about JMo if you want...but if you want to say he was a huge factor in Cleveland's win over Ooltewah, you obviously weren't there. He was held to less than 100 yards total, and the hole he ran through for the late score would have allowed near anyone on the team to score.

Insult Chad if you want...he's been hyped and hasn't lived up to some of it. He still has a year to play (not to mention the post-season) and he's still recovering from a serious injury to his throwing hand. Resilient or not, that still has to effect his overall ability to perform as well as the plays called on his behalf.

Last I checked, whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins. Call it what you will, but this season is a tremendous turnaround from the rare 3-8 they suffered through last year (with possibly a more talented team!)

Cleveland is moving on. We are proud of our kids and our coaches for the effort and the grit they've shown. And speaking of the non-district games, we can analyze that too... The Cookeville game was run by a freshman QB. The Red Bank game was without JMo and Voytik got hurt. The Morristown East game was just poorly played. We've accepted all that and have moved on...the most important game is always the next one, and we want and need to beat Soddy...for all the right reasons.

Go Raiders!

hey dork face cleveland boy, the fact that ooltewah started to get transfers around the same time Benny took the job had nothing to do with 1 another. ooltewah hs started taking in students from other county schools due to NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND. ooltewah hs then became overcrowded....hence....East Hamilton. anyone with the ability to read a newspaper would know that.

now...to Cleveland football...won this year's weakest district in state...and lost to every non district team except McMinn Central.

cleveland 2010 playoffs = 1 and out

hey dork face cleveland boy, the fact that ooltewah started to get transfers around the same time Benny took the job had nothing to do with 1 another. ooltewah hs started taking in students from other county schools due to NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND. ooltewah hs then became overcrowded....hence....East Hamilton. anyone with the ability to read a newspaper would know that.

now...to Cleveland football...won this year's weakest district in state...and lost to every non district team except McMinn Central.

cleveland 2010 playoffs = 1 and out

Ooltewah 2010 playoffs= 1 and out..........oh wait

you can only win the district that you are put in, so it is what it is.

All we are simply saying is that the best person to answer this question for you is Jamarcus and his family. Thats the only reason we said go ask him. If you want to know what we "know"....he lives in Cleveland with his dad. There problem solved.

OHHH! Thanks for clearing that one up for us!

Could it be that...You have two boys who went to school together at Red Bank, left together and went to Soddy because their daddy's moved there the next year, and then both of them left again together the following year because both of their daddy's moved to Cleveland? Dang, what a coincidence? I feel so bad for ever doubting the story. I bet the football parents know exactly who the two fathers are right?

Hmm, it gets worse...both boys MUST have been deemed eligible by the Sept 20 deadline, right? Oh no, that cant be true because an investigation occurred.

Personally, I think TSSAA needs to be under investigation for this too! It seems that they are just as guilty as the Cleveland High School coaches and principal.

Here's a hint...Check out the driver's license, assuming that they have one. It happens to tell the county that the students live in and it's a legal document. And while you are checking, go ahead and ask the DMV for the Lopez brothers' license during wrestling season last year (They wrestle for Cleveland High). You might verify where his mother lived last during wrestling season also(McMinn). Let me guess here..their father who hasn't been around since elementary school just happens to have lived in Cleveland undetected all this time. Can you come up with a crazier story than that?

Somehow, I think you can!

Could it be that...You have two boys who went to school together at Red Bank, left together and went to Soddy because their daddy's moved there the next year, and then both of them left again together the following year because both of their daddy's moved to Cleveland? Dang, what a coincidence? I feel so bad for ever doubting the story. I bet the football parents know exactly who the two fathers are right?

Hmm, it gets worse...both boys MUST have been deemed eligible by the Sept 20 deadline, right? Oh no, that cant be true because an investigation occurred.

Personally, I think TSSAA needs to be under investigation for this too! It seems that they are just as guilty as the Cleveland High School coaches and principal.

Here's a hint...Check out the driver's license, assuming that they have one. It happens to tell the county that the students live in and it's a legal document. And while you are checking, go ahead and ask the DMV for the Lopez brothers' license during wrestling season last year (They wrestle for Cleveland High). You might verify where his mother lived last during wrestling season also(McMinn). Let me guess here..their father who hasn't been around since elementary school just happens to have lived in Cleveland undetected all this time. Can you come up with a crazier story than that?

wow

It does get even more complicated. If any of the recruited boys have been deemed eligible with TSSAA knowledge that their residences weren't zoned...then you need to check and see if the fee that Cleveland charges to kids outside the city limits was waived or paid by someone else. If so,,,then that could be considered a scholarship. Ask Grace Academy how well that works! If any of the boys were granted housing...oops might be considered a scholarship. Any benefit provided to them that isn't offered to all students could violate the rules. You see, I hope that these kids have reported their new residence to all authorities too. If ANY of these kids receive tenncare or the mom's receive any assistance from the government at all, they could be charged with tencare fraud for claiming that the kids live with them. I hope that their families elsewhere aren't claiming them for any benefits from federal dollars..because then you could be looking at federal charges. Trust me, there is plenty more that could be looked into.

It isn't just cheating! It's placing the families of those boys at risk for losing benefits and possibly facing jail/prison time. The students potential scholarships are at risk too. What sucks even more is that some people have jobs where they are required by law to report ANY suspected abuse of state and federal dollaes.

It does get even more complicated. If any of the recruited boys have been deemed eligible with TSSAA knowledge that their residences weren't zoned...then you need to check and see if the fee that Cleveland charges to kids outside the city limits was waived or paid by someone else. If so,,,then that could be considered a scholarship. Ask Grace Academy how well that works! If any of the boys were granted housing...oops might be considered a scholarship. Any benefit provided to them that isn't offered to all students could violate the rules. You see, I hope that these kids have reported their new residence to all authorities too. If ANY of these kids receive tenncare or the mom's receive any assistance from the government at all, they could be charged with tencare fraud for claiming that the kids live with them. I hope that their families elsewhere aren't claiming them for any benefits from federal dollars..because then you could be looking at federal charges. Trust me, there is plenty more that could be looked into.

It isn't just cheating! It's placing the families of those boys at risk for losing benefits and possibly facing jail/prison time. The students potential scholarships are at risk too. What sucks even more is that some people have jobs where they are required by law to report ANY suspected abuse of state and federal dollaes.

done yet?