District 11AA

1. Waverly Central

2. Creek Wood

3. Harpeth

4. Stewart County

5. Cheatham County

6. Camden

7. Montgomery Central

Waverly Central should control the district since they have everyone back. 5-9 Senior PG Kati Prince is a beast at the point, and depending on the type of year she has (which I feel could be extraordinary), she could be in the talks for a Class AA Miss Basketball nomination at the end of the year. I don't think she would ever get nominated, but she should at least be mentioned when nominees are discussed. She will most definitely be District MVP barring some surprise season from someone else. Central also has capable scorers all around Prince, most notably Dyer on the wing and Jones in the post. Waverly should win Region 6AA and at least make it to Sub-State, where it will be tough for them to beat teams like CPA, Macon County, or Sycamore.

Creek Wood is the other strong team out of 11AA. They lost Sarah Collins inside, but they have excellent guard play this year that is going to allow them to get up and down the court. They have tremendous outside shooters on the wings and what post play they do have is solid. They should be Waverly's biggest competition in both district and region play.

Waverly and Creek Wood are probably dead set as the #1 and #2 teams (though they could swap with one another). Harpeth should be okay since they still have Felker, who is a great scorer in her own right. Camden, who was a contender last season, is way down after graduating Capps and Brandenburg. Montgomery Central probably won't win a district game. Stewart and Cheatham will probably split with one another. Either of them could also take down Harpeth at any given point.

Edited by ptguard12

• 2 weeks later...

District 11AA

1. Waverly Central

2. Creek Wood

3. Harpeth

4. Stewart County

5. Cheatham County

6. Camden

7. Montgomery Central

Waverly Central should control the district since they have everyone back. 5-9 Senior PG Kati Prince is a beast at the point, and depending on the type of year she has (which I feel could be extraordinary), she could be in the talks for a Class AA Miss Basketball nomination at the end of the year. I don't think she would ever get nominated, but she should at least be mentioned when nominees are discussed. She will most definitely be District MVP barring some surprise season from someone else. Central also has capable scorers all around Prince, most notably Dyer on the wing and Jones in the post. Waverly should win Region 6AA and at least make it to Sub-State, where it will be tough for them to beat teams like CPA, Macon County, or Sycamore.

Creek Wood is the other strong team out of 11AA. They lost Sarah Collins inside, but they have excellent guard play this year that is going to allow them to get up and down the court. They have tremendous outside shooters on the wings and what post play they do have is solid. They should be Waverly's biggest competition in both district and region play.

Waverly and Creek Wood are probably dead set as the #1 and #2 teams (though they could swap with one another). Harpeth should be okay since they still have Felker, who is a great scorer in her own right. Camden, who was a contender last season, is way down after graduating Capps and Brandenburg. Montgomery Central probably won't win a district game. Stewart and Cheatham will probably split with one another. Either of them could also take down Harpeth at any given point.

All sounded great until today. Kati Prince just tore her ACL.

• 4 weeks later...

My predictions:

1. Waverly

2. Creek Wood

3. Harpeth

4. Stewart County

5. Cheatham County

6. Montgomery Central

7. Camden

I think Waverly, even without Prince, is by far the best team and if she does comes back it will just make them that much better. Creek Wood has good coaching and Harpeth has the best player in the district so they could possibly be in the hunt. Stewart County to me isn't close to the top three, but clearly ahead of the bottom three, so I guess a solid number 4 team with Cheatham County, Montgomery Central and Camden clearly the three bottom teams in no particular order. Of course, this is just my opinion so no need for everyone to get upset.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First 11AA post of 2011, I amlooking for overall and district records to this point . I have CW and Stewart Co. Last week of regular season coming up with district meeting next Friday and MORE inclement wether coming in = VERY interesting week. I think Camden has 4 games left! See ya at the Yard!! ROP!!