6A Playoff Picture

randymc

Ok, here are the latest standings, and the 32 teams that are currently in the 6A Playoffs:

Automatics (by 1st place, then 2nd place):

*Clinched at worst a WC berth

*Dobyns Bennett

*Sevier County

*Maryville

*Cookeville

*Smyrna

*Mt. Juliet

*Franklin

*McGavock

*Whitehaven

*Bradley Central

Coffee County

*Blackman

*Dickson County

*Brentwood

*Nashville Overton

*Brighton

*Arlington

*Collierville

White Station

WildCards (By wildcard standing)

*Team has clinched at worst a WC Bid.

*Oakland

*Riverdale

*Bearden

*Hardin Valley

*Wooddale

*Science Hill

*Soddy-Daisy

Farragut

Jefferson County

Oak Ridge

Franklin County

Germantown

Lincoln County

Teams still alive (within one 1 of Lincoln County):

Rhea County

Houston

Cordova

Siegel

Memphis Central

Millington

So the quads would look like this:

Quad 1

1 Dobyns Bennett vs. 8 Jefferson Co

4 Bearden vs 5 Hardin Valley

2 Maryville vs 7 Farragut

3 Sevier Co vs 6 Science Hill

Quad 2

1 Oakland vs. 8 Coffee Co

4 Soddy-Daisy vs. 5 Oak Ridge

2 BRadley Central vs. 7 Lincoln Co

3 Cookeville vs. 6 Franklin Co

Quad 3 (this quad is CRAZY 2 losses separate 1st from 8th)

1 Smyrna vs. 8 Brentwood

4 Franklin vs. 5 Riverdale

2 Blackman vs. 7 Nashville Overton

3 Mt. Juliet vs. 6 McGavock

Quad 4

1 Whitehaven vs. 8 White Station

4 Arlington vs. 5 Collierville

2 Brighton vs. 7 Germantown

3 Dickson Co vs. 6 Wooddale

Lots can change this week, but it's interesting to look at.

Edited by randymc

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a White Station loss to Mitchell Friday then that would open up another wildcard wouldn't it? Since that would put Mitchell in the top two and move white station out.

Also same thing with Coffee Co. and White Co. If White Co. wins then they would jump Coffee opening up another wild card.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Ok, here are the latest standings, and the 32 teams that are currently in the 6A Playoffs:

Automatics (by 1st place, then 2nd place):

*Clinched at worst a WC berth

*Dobyns Bennett

*Sevier County

*Maryville

*Cookeville

*Smyrna

*Mt. Juliet

*Franklin

*McGavock

*Whitehaven

*Bradley Central

Coffee County

*Blackman

*Dickson County

*Brentwood

*Nashville Overton

*Brighton

*Arlington

*Collierville

White Station

WildCards (By wildcard standing)

*Team has clinched at worst a WC Bid.

*Oakland

*Riverdale

*Bearden

*Hardin Valley

*Wooddale

*Science Hill

*Soddy-Daisy

Farragut

Jefferson County

Oak Ridge

Franklin County

Germantown

Lincoln County

Teams still alive (within one 1 of Lincoln County):

Rhea County

Houston

Cordova

Siegel

Memphis Central

Millington

So the quads would look like this:

Quad 1

1 Dobyns Bennett vs. 8 Jefferson Co

4 Bearden vs 5 Hardin Valley

2 Maryville vs 7 Farragut

3 Sevier Co vs 6 Science Hill

Quad 2

1 Oakland vs. 8 Coffee Co

4 Soddy-Daisy vs. 5 Oak Ridge

2 BRadley Central vs. 7 Lincoln Co

3 Cookeville vs. 6 Franklin Co

Quad 3 (this quad is CRAZY 2 losses separate 1st from 8th)

1 Smyrna vs. 8 Brentwood

4 Franklin vs. 5 Riverdale

2 Blackman vs. 7 Nashville Overton

3 Mt. Juliet vs. 6 McGavock

Quad 4

1 Whitehaven vs. 8 White Station

4 Arlington vs. 5 Collierville

2 Brighton vs. 7 Germantown

3 Dickson Co vs. 6 Wooddale

Lots can change this week, but it's interesting to look at.

Great info, but one thing about your Quads.....Riverdale would be the first Rutherford County school to go East. So Riverdale would be in Quad 2 and Oakland in Quad 3 making for an absolutely loaded Quad with 6 of the top 10 teams in an 8 team quad.

Great info, but one thing about your Quads.....Riverdale would be the first Rutherford County school to go East. So Riverdale would be in Quad 2 and Oakland in Quad 3 making for an absolutely loaded Quad with 6 of the top 10 teams in an 8 team quad.

If you look at the TSSAA map, OHS is farther East than RHS, that's the way they do it, or so they say.

With a White Station loss to Mitchell Friday then that would open up another wildcard wouldn't it? Since that would put Mitchell in the top two and move white station out.

Also same thing with Coffee Co. and White Co. If White Co. wins then they would jump Coffee opening up another wild card.

That is the reason why Coffee Co and White Station do not have *'s beside their names, they would not be guaranteed a wildcard spot if they were to lose this week. I didn't check, but highly doubt any of the teams left off this list could get into top 2 in their district by winning Friday night.

If you look at the TSSAA map, OHS is farther East than RHS, that's the way they do it, or so they say.

Two weeks ago, when TSSAA only had one team headed East, it was Riverdale. Funny, at the time I was complaining about that. :)

I asked the question earlier about how that is decided. Is it distance as the crow flies, or is it interstate mileage, or what?

Two weeks ago, when TSSAA only had one team headed East, it was Riverdale. Funny, at the time I was complaining about that. :)

I asked the question earlier about how that is decided. Is it distance as the crow flies, or is it interstate mileage, or what?

Last year it was basically longitude, but don't know 100% for sure. If you are talking East TN (Knoxville) I40 is closer to Oakland than RHS, but hopefully Coffee Co doesn't get in, and the RHS and OHS both go east (I didn't see one when only RHS was going east, but I was out of the country for 10 days, so could have been one of those weeks)

Last year it was basically longitude, but don't know 100% for sure. If you are talking East TN (Knoxville) I40 is closer to Oakland than RHS, but hopefully Coffee Co doesn't get in, and the RHS and OHS both go east (I didn't see one when only RHS was going east, but I was out of the country for 10 days, so could have been one of those weeks)

It was either week 6 or 7, but Riverdale was the only one to go East (they are closer distance-wise).

Pretty much boils down to how the Memphis area shakes out plus the Coffee Co. situation. It would be really neat to see them split and having an all Rutherford Co championship. If that happens, how bad do you think the geniuses that took the bid process so lightly would feel. Imagine how big that gate would be at MTSU if you had two of Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman or Riverdale.

Edited by innocent bystander

It was either week 6 or 7, but Riverdale was the only one to go East (they are closer distance-wise).

Pretty much boils down to how the Memphis area shakes out plus the Coffee Co. situation. It would be really neat to see them split and having an all Rutherford Co championship. If that happens, how bad do you think the geniuses that took the bid process so lightly would feel. Imagine how big that gate would be at MTSU if you had two of Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman or Riverdale.

I agree to how it shakes out in Memphis and district 6 (don't see white co winning) but the TSSAA will be kicking themselves if 2 7AAA teams play for championship, BUT will claim it was a huge success for Cookeville, like they did last year...."Attendance up 10% in Cookeville vs. Murfreesboro" at the same time not wanting to mention that there were 20% more games last year.

What about 2 all Rutherford Co Quarter finals? That would be crazy, would be nice to play them at the same site.

I agree to how it shakes out in Memphis and district 6 (don't see white co winning) but the TSSAA will be kicking themselves if 2 7AAA teams play for championship, BUT will claim it was a huge success for Cookeville, like they did last year...."Attendance up 10% in Cookeville vs. Murfreesboro" at the same time not wanting to mention that there were 20% more games last year.

What about 2 all Rutherford Co Quarter finals? That would be crazy, would be nice to play them at the same site.

sounds like its possible by the last week of november only rutherford county will care as everyone else would be out lol