DB at Volunteer

dbFAN91

You guys want to talk about education?? You lost Whacko pretty quick, he fell by the wayside and hurried to change the subject.

Hey Special Ed, this is a sports message board. I don't think there is a "education" forum on CoachT. Take your spelling bee and go hang out with all the other nerds.

dbfan91...i would think that db grads could spell "deal" correctly---not deel!!! hahaha and isnt the qb from south getting scholarship offers from ivy league schools?? pretty good thing, i would think, especially for a poor ole county boy!!!

I never said that i was in the advanced classes fa*100. As far as the QB being recruited by an Ivy League school, i could'nt tell you, because i don't know. But, i will bet it's his grades and not his athleticism they want. Anyway, does anybody want to talk some football?

Hoping this week to be free from injury for both sides and hope we can keep our groove going and not get out of sync. We should play our starters for the entire first half unless we are getting cheep shotted or flagged to death. The first time one of our stars gets blasted or gets an unsportsman like conduct penalty, they need to be pulled. Two of these and the player is ejected and must sit out the next game. Remember Lamon Williams against Science Hill a few years ago. That could be costly. Is everyone healthy this week except for #82???? Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of....does anyone know why they threw the flag at the end of Devo's great run on the scoreboard end? All I saw was him turn around while he was running. :popcorneater:

Yeah, on the TV replay he turned to the closest defender following him and waved goodbye. LOL. That's funny and all, but we don't need anymore of that from here on out. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

I guess Volunteer will commit half their defense to stoping Sensabaugh and let Seabolt, Swafford, Cannon, Steele and others run free just like everybody else we've played. I know they don't keep these kind of stats but I'd bet Sensabaugh has been tackled more times when he didn't have the ball this year than when he did.

I guess Volunteer will commit half their defense to stoping Sensabaugh and let Seabolt, Swafford, Cannon, Steele and others run free just like everybody else we've played. I know they don't keep these kind of stats but I'd bet Sensabaugh has been tackled more times when he didn't have the ball this year than when he did.

I bet your right. I've been watching some of the old games from DB when we used to run the wing-t and this DB is far better than any of those teams. Seabolt runs it better than anyone we've ever had. And our backfield is far more talented overall. I knew we were good, but wow, i did'nt realize it to this extreme until i watched these old films. I am super excited going into the playoffs now. This is going to be special. I hope everyone underestimates us because we're in the business of proving people wrong this year. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet your right. I've been watching some of the old games from DB when we used to run the wing-t and this DB is far better than any of those teams. Seabolt runs it better than anyone we've ever had. And our backfield is far more talented overall. I knew we were good, but wow, i did'nt realize it to this extreme until i watched these old films. I am super excited going into the playoffs now. This is going to be special. I hope everyone underestimates us because we're in the business of proving people wrong this year. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well there are alot of "special" teams in the playoffs this year. We all have a chance to play for the gold ball and I think DB has as good a chance as anybody. We just have to show up and keep doing what we're doing and we'll be fine. Just keep our heads screwed on straight and give 100% every minute of every game.

I agree with you about Sensabaugh being tackled on every play whether he has the ball or not. He has taking a beating all year so that the others could get more experience and build thier confindence on offense for the playoffs. I think you will see Sensabaugh in a more active roll on offense during the playoffs than we've seen during the regular season. He has spent the regular season tuning up his defensive skills because he has had three years to work on his offensive skills. He is what you call a TEAM PLAYER and he will do whatever it takes for his TEAM to WIN.

Im a fan of sending your kids to the school of their choice.

How much will the loss of Austin Edwards hurt the defensive line? Who will fill the slot?

I'm guessing Hunter will move back out and 50 back to the nose more solid unless their in a four man with TY.Anytime you lose a player like that ,it hurts a lot of things.We have been thin on both sides for some time and until you run up against a big time front it's not a problem.We can have all the skill players in the world but have to win the trench battles first in most games.

I agree with you about Sensabaugh being tackled on every play whether he has the ball or not. He has taking a beating all year so that the others could get more experience and build thier confindence on offense for the playoffs. I think you will see Sensabaugh in a more active roll on offense during the playoffs than we've seen during the regular season. He has spent the regular season tuning up his defensive skills because he has had three years to work on his offensive skills. He is what you call a TEAM PLAYER and he will do whatever it takes for his TEAM to WIN.

The most impressive thing that I ever seen from 32 was not even on a football field.When he and one of my boys were on the same baseball team and he would run the bases and catch.I really thought we would be baseball parents more then football parents.