Wilson Central @ Portland

fbfan1976

i think the panthers are due a win and i think they go out and get it this friday. i dont think any coach could have done any better at portland the last couple of years. thier talent is not equal to the teams they play, i believe a good coach will put his players in the best situation possible to compete and from what i hear he has done just that. i read in the paper last week that they have installed the single wing on offense and i bet that was difficult to simulate this week in the rain for the wildcats. as far as thier defense goes... i am willing to bet they step up and play hard for the ole ball coach this week.

portland by 7

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the panthers are due a win and i think they go out and get it this friday. i dont think any coach could have done any better at portland the last couple of years. thier talent is not equal to the teams they play, i believe a good coach will put his players in the best situation possible to compete and from what i hear he has done just that. i read in the paper last week that they have installed the single wing on offense and i bet that was difficult to simulate this week in the rain for the wildcats. as far as thier defense goes... i am willing to bet they step up and play hard for the ole ball coach this week.

portland by 7

I will just say I disagree on all of that. Also there is no way that they installed a "true" single wing in a week (unless I misunderstood that).

I will just say I disagree on all of that. Also there is no way that they installed a "true" single wing in a week (unless I misunderstood that).

They did not install it in a week, and yes it is a "true" single wing.

In the last three games they rushed for 282 yards against Mt. Juliet, 230 yards against Hendersonville, and 245 against Gallatin.

the fact that you dont know what they are doing, discredits anything else you have to say about portland football. how do you disagree? do you believe that they should be on par with the likes of Gallatin, hendersonville, mt. juliet, or beech? these teams are two platoon with great talent on both sides of the ball. right now Portland is not on that level but they can be with a consistant staff and hard work. the panthers are all heart and play hard but have been out athleted all year.

In the last three games they rushed for 282 yards against Mt. Juliet, 230 yards against Hendersonville, and 245 against Gallatin.

there ya go eers... now you know a little bit about portland. looks like they are on the right track, especially with only a couple of weeks running it. imagine if they have a whole year to perfect it.!!!

there ya go eers... now you know a little bit about portland. looks like they are on the right track, especially with only a couple of weeks running it. imagine if they have a whole year to perfect it.!!!

Well maybe they will stick with it for a whole year and we can all find out. I wish all the players the best for tomorrow night and pray they will all come out healthy at the end of a hard fought contest. Good Luck Wildcats. :thumb:

So is the problem the defense? I mean, there is obviously a problem. Right???

Congratulations on the win, however I hardly consider it a "turning the corner" moment and would be surprised if there isn't an opening in Portland. Right or wrong, that's the track record.

As far as the single wing goes, the game I saw had resemblences of a single wing, but was more of a "direct snap" and run the ball. Perhaps the alignment was that of the single wing, but there was no spin series, misdirection or unbalanced line (as far as I recall). They may have changed that afterwords, but what I saw was not the single wing, rather a direct snap to the best athlete (something to be said for that as well).

In regards to athletes, I saw a few on that team. Is it enough to compete week after week with Gallatin, Hendersonville, MJ and Beech? No, but what about the other 5 teams that beat them? There is no reason they are a one win team. We are talking about one win (over WC) as if all the problems are resolved. That's not the case. I hope for the kids that it gets better next year. It will take a lot of work to overcome 1-19 and the biggest problem will be the same one they faced this year, belief. It's not all coaching. It's not all athletes. It's a sum of the parts and it starts with having fun and believing in their TEAM.

Again, congrats and good luck in restoring a great tradition.

Well after another season of high school football several teams have playoff hopes hanging on the results of Friday nights games but for these two teams and hundreds of others around the state Pride is the only reward for finishing the season. The Wildcats will have a lot of shoulda coulda woulda's to think about over the off season. Homecoming agains McGavock a 7 point loss, Holding Gallatin to 16 points and driving late in the fourth with a chance to tie, Playing Mt Juliet to a 14 6 game during Fall Break. I am Proud of the effort of the players and coaches this season. :thumb:

Now to business who is going to win this game? Will Portland finally break into the Win column for the first time in two seasons or will WC give Coach Brad Dedman the best record of any first year coach in Wilson Central History?

Or are both teams just ready for Basketball season? :shock:

Looks like your old boss got the last laugh :roflol::roflolk: