Cumberland Co.Jets

stumpman13

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that Warren County does overcome their problems and becomes a good team.Hate to see any high school kids lose.How good were they back in the Jeff Womack days?Did he ever play any college?What ever happened to him? He must have been a real stud to carry the ball as much as he did!Was he a fullback or tailback? Must hsve been a big guy in that time era.

Whoever says the Jets aren't good is crazy...their boys might be rednecks, but after 20 some odd years of losing they finally got a team that can play and there won't be much that will be able to stop a team that WANTS and HAS to win. In Cumberland County everything is about football, despite a crappy team, and still the fans come out every Friday and this year the fan support is no doubt HUGE! Keep the Blue Angel flyin boys and shock the 5A world!

[Edited by MaryvilleRebels on 10-3-02 9:22P]

Posted by falconfan94:

I can't wait to see Cumberland County. We (Lincoln County) have to go up there! Yes, we did lose to Franklin County, they have a good team. We also beat Riverdale and Oakland and should have beat Franklin. We fumbled on the goal line with 3 seconds to go in the game in the rain. I'd say Lincoln County has a extremly tough non-region schedule, and so does Cumberland County...oh wait...no you don't! Livingston Academy(3-A), Knox. Webb(Div. II), White Co., and McMinn Co. is your best non-region game. We will see you Nov.1st in Crossville!!!! GO FALCONS!!!!!

Don't forget that powerhouse 2-A team Harriman they play next week! That should give them a good test. :rolleyes:

Their sophomores I mean.

ok maybe thier schedule was put together while the team was down BUT if you have to play lower class teams to look good how can you expect to be tested for the BIG DOGS like Lincoln Co.?I mentioned that Cumberland Co. had a good team in 1982 but if I remember correctly-Lincoln Co.went up there and knocked them out of the playoffs! GO FALCONS! :rolleyes:

Guest PROFFITT38

You'all look like a bunch of 7th graders playing on the computer...I wish you people would just shut up...Cumberland County Has the strongest O-line and D-line in Tennessee Besides Maryville...Just because you boys aint winning dont mean you get on here and talk trash..thats not what this board is for...Cumberland Co is a awesome football team and just keep thinking were weak and dont prepare well for us and youll see just how good we are..Thats what happen to whit co they thought they would actually beat us and didnt prepare well for the week...So just keep thinking we got a weak schedule and when you play us youll see that your one WITH the weakest...of our teams we play...Cumberland Co JETS #1 just check the fan poll.... :):rolleyes::):)

Posted by pioneer95:

With a easy schedule any body can be 5-0. Yes cumberland co. has the easiest schedule in 5a so don`t deny it.

Pioneer95, it's obvious you don't have a clue about Cumberland County. First of all when these seniors were playing on the Freshman team, they only lost a couple of games for the season. Second, these men have played together since they were 7 years old. Here's another fact and that is team sticks together likce glue. These boys are closer than brothers and if you don't believe just try starting something with one and you have the whole bunch to deal with. My last comment is when was the last time Warren County won a game? So quit complaining about a team that has turned things around.

I believe it was last year that Cumberland County played in the playoffs and lost...well the fans came back and ripped down the goal posts, or tried. I was that week and they were both REALLY close to coming down, they were both sideways and only about 8 feet instead of 10. I don't know why they did this, but I guess they cared enough to do so...celebrating being in the playoffs I suppose!? I think that's right, or it might have been before the playoffs and when they got in they ripped them down, either way you don't see that a whole ton in high school, least I haven't! Any of you guys go to Cumberland County? Do you know Stephen Luttrell or did you know Brandon Luttrell or Nikki Luttrell? All three are my cousins, so I have a reason for knowing some of this stuff!

Posted by falconfan94:

I can't wait to see Cumberland County. We (Lincoln County) have to go up there! Yes, we did lose to Franklin County, they have a good team. We also beat Riverdale and Oakland and should have beat Franklin. We fumbled on the goal line with 3 seconds to go in the game in the rain. I'd say Lincoln County has a extremly tough non-region schedule, and so does Cumberland County...oh wait...no you don't! Livingston Academy(3-A), Knox. Webb(Div. II), White Co., and McMinn Co. is your best non-region game. We will see you Nov.1st in Crossville!!!! GO FALCONS!!!!!

Lincoln Co. is a very tough team. Having played them, i should know. However.....they should not have beat Franklin. I'll give it to them that they had it on the goal line and all and should have scored then but i could just as easily say that about several other Franklin possessions. Basically, i don't think it was either team's best performance considering it was in the rain and on a Saturday. Good luck to Lincoln Co. this week. I hope they have better luck in the rain this time and im sure they will. They're a great team.

Posted by fhsTE84:
Posted by falconfan94:

Lincoln Co. is a very tough team. Having played them, i should know. However.....they should not have beat Franklin. I'll give it to them that they had it on the goal line and all and should have scored then but i could just as easily say that about several other Franklin possessions. Basically, i don't think it was either team's best performance considering it was in the rain and on a Saturday. Good luck to Lincoln Co. this week. I hope they have better luck in the rain this time and im sure they will. They're a great team.

Anyone that was there knows the LC/Franklin game could have gone either way. Lincoln County did fumble on the 1 going in with less than 10 seconds to go in the game, but that is why you play the game. Franklin is a great team having a great season. If we can't go all the way, I hope you guys can.

Posted by LCstatman:
Posted by fhsTE84:
Posted by falconfan94:

Anyone that was there knows the LC/Franklin game could have gone either way. Lincoln County did fumble on the 1 going in with less than 10 seconds to go in the game, but that is why you play the game. Franklin is a great team having a great season. If we can't go all the way, I hope you guys can.

The feeling is mutual. We have a lot of respect for you boys down in Fayetteville. I mean, ya'll were the ones that produced such fine men as Alvin Palmer and Tim Johnson. We at Franklin thank you for that!