Ravenwood, Page St Georges, Ensworth

PHargis

Very nice of you to leave off St. George's and Ensworth

CB did not mean to do that and was an oversight. I can say this though about those two schools. One surprised me and one absolutely didn't. It was very obvious that St Georges was a quality Volleyball Team since they were seen at the Collierville Tournament and it was wondered where all of the great players they had were developed. Club?? Seeing them play in the Boro without much fanfare, reinforced they could play with just about anyone. They are a great team.

Ensworth just came out of the blue. Their coach did more than an excellent job with the team. They played in the "Back to the Boro" and maybe because of their draw, missing players, etc, they did not impress very many. It was certainly obvious that some of their fans expected more at that Tournament. We looked around to try to find the setter that transferred from Hutchison last year but maybe overlooked her. As you know D2 was played at Blackman the first day and MTSU the second day and in the finals the last day at MTSU> I was not able to see them much however I did make it up at the "Back to the Boro" as Ann Mullins really filled the Tournament with what I thought was a Mini State tournament for D2 school although ST. Georges was not there and of course, Hutchison was not there either. Can't make them all. In rereading posts I picked up that no memtion was given. The TSSAA streaming was good and i did rerun St Georges because I thought we would likely see them again for a couple of years. We see Ensworth from time to time and they will continue to get better.

Sorry again for the oversight.

CB did not mean to do that and was an oversight. I can say this though about those two schools. One surprised me and one absolutely didn't. It was very obvious that St Georges was a quality Volleyball Team since they were seen at the Collierville Tournament and it was wondered where all of the great players they had were developed. Club?? Seeing them play in the Boro without much fanfare, reinforced they could play with just about anyone. They are a great team.

Ensworth just came out of the blue. Their coach did more than an excellent job with the team. They played in the "Back to the Boro" and maybe because of their draw, missing players, etc, they did not impress very many. It was certainly obvious that some of their fans expected more at that Tournament. We looked around to try to find the setter that transferred from Hutchison last year but maybe overlooked her. As you know D2 was played at Blackman the first day and MTSU the second day and in the finals the last day at MTSU> I was not able to see them much however I did make it up at the "Back to the Boro" as Ann Mullins really filled the Tournament with what I thought was a Mini State tournament for D2 school although ST. Georges was not there and of course, Hutchison was not there either. Can't make them all. In rereading posts I picked up that no memtion was given. The TSSAA streaming was good and i did rerun St Georges because I thought we would likely see them again for a couple of years. We see Ensworth from time to time and they will continue to get better.

you also left off signal mountain

Edited by mountaintrollfan1

Most of the players from W TNs top D2-A and D2-AA teams (St Georges, ECS, St Agnes and St Benedict) play (or started playing) club at Memphis Metro JVC run by former Hutchison coach Jitka Okolicany. Some play at Memphis Jrs. or Delta Force, smaller clubs that tend to have fewer teams. All are good clubs with a variety of programs and coaching expertise. Over time players (and parents) tend to end up at the club which fits best.

Most of the players from W TNs top D2-A and D2-AA teams (St Georges, ECS, St Agnes and St Benedict) play (or started playing) club at Memphis Metro JVC run by former Hutchison coach Jitka Okolicany. Some play at Memphis Jrs. or Delta Force, smaller clubs that tend to have fewer teams. All are good clubs with a variety of programs and coaching expertise. Over time players (and parents) tend to end up at the club which fits best.

It is likely the same most everywhere. If its not, it's certainly a good model. I have looked at who runs the clubs in Memphis and the organization is very good. Memphis metro and Delta Force look very well put togeather. The Clubs seem to be organized on a geographical basis but some of the schools seem to use them more that others. it is obvious that they cater to the younger age groups because the 12 and 13's have a lage number of teams and as I see them sumtimes show up at club tournamets, they are very well taught as well as the K2's in Knoxville and the your age groups out of Chattanooga. Alliance, Nashville 1, Rutherford Juniors are not bad either. What is significantly better is if clubs are, in turn supported by MS's and vice versa. Some Private High Schools so not have supporting Middle School but some do and it seems to help.

Announcements