Cumberland County High School Football Program

FLYHIGHJETS

Sorry for the late post, we didnt get back from the hospital until 1:30am or so. Sat in a room for a few hours for them to tell us that Terryl's ankle was hurt and that they would have a radiologist look at the x-rays today to see if he saw anything today. Don't think there is any ligament damage they were sprained but not torn, but they did find some loose calcified bone floating around, so they arent sure what that came from. We knew all week that him playing was gonna be a stretch and he gave it a try.

Seniors I would like to say thank you to this years senior class. I have known most of you since you were 5 or 6, and you all have turned into fine players and persons. Terryl, Kyle, Roger, Gonzo, Wes, Stickler, Matt, Big Dill, Corey, I have watched most of you play since Jr.Jets and in little league, and it was great to see you play the way that you did this season. Hard fast and agressive, 100 percent on every play. This senior class will be sorely missed.

White Co, you capitalized on our turnovers and special teams for 25 points, that is what good teams do; they make you pay for turnover. Congrats on the win and good luck in the playoffs.

As for the game, we played the worst football we have played all year. We played bad on offense, defense, and as susual special teams. We came out flat, and didnt do any of the little things that win you ball games. Penalties were rampid again, but honestly we get hit with more penalties than we deserve. On Terryl's unsportsman like conduct, he was being punched the previous play and the referee told terryl when terryl said something that it was not a babysitting service and that he wouldn't call that. Next play, terryl pushes someone off of him while getting up from a pile and he gets hit for pushing. Steven's first u/c had a referee come out of zone to throw a penalty that a official five feet away and staring at the play did not call. Stickler got hit for slapping the ground, are you serious? I am sure some of the others are justified, we talk too much and with a bad rep already we have a short fuse, but this crap has gotta stop.

As for the fight, I hope nobody got hurt, there was a lot of commotion and people were everywhere. It would not surprise me is some players from White Co. were suspended from part on next weeks game for getting off the bus to join a fight. In no way am I blaming them for the fight, just saying that defying your coaches to join a fight in the parking lot where no punches were yet to be thrown isn't a great way to get playing time. I am sure the CCHS players involved will be suspended either from school and/or games next year

I think a large part of the problem at CC can be summed up in this post. Lack of parenting and justifying why my son did this and that. You are making excuses for your son getting a personnel foul penalty for pushing/hitting after the play. I am sure your son told you the official said that but we all know 16-17 year olds never lie to justify their actions. If i was to bet your son was right in the middle of the post game activities as well.

I think a large part of the problem at CC can be summed up in this post. Lack of parenting and justifying why my son did this and that. You are making excuses for your son getting a personnel foul penalty for pushing/hitting after the play. I am sure your son told you the official said that but we all know 16-17 year olds never lie to justify their actions. If i was to bet your son was right in the middle of the post game activities as well.

WOW...you must be parent of the year and that takes alot of guts to say that our kids suffer from lack of parenting and No my son was not in the middle of the post game activities but I do know he has pushed and hit a few players just like a few have hit and pushed him but he only got 1 personal foul all season so I guess that makes me a bad parent.....

Congrats, you just batted 0/4. Maybe you should play for the rangers.

1. Not my son, he is my brother.

2. I have played in almost 100 football games, and I have heard officials say a lot of things I wouldn't care to repeat. I have had an official tell me that I might as well go home because there was no way he would let us win. A good friend that used to be an official would always hammer certain teams because he didn't like them. He had a team three times one year and they didn't win one when they were favored to win them all.

3. I am not an official for TSSAA but I have passed their test and I officiate elsewhere,and this crew was terrible. They had their backs turned to players which you NEVER do. You are begging for extracurriculars when this happens. They allowed people to hit defenseless players helmet first but didn't see it because they were ball watching. 4-5 vs 4-5 don't get good crews, they will be at the games with good teams.

4. He was not a part of the rukus, he was in a vehicle on the way to the hospital because he was trying to play when he shouldn't have.

Research before you type. You can click on someone's profile and see their previous posts.

Now, go crawl back into your hole.