Class 4A..Quad 3

Here is what CoachT has projected for this Quad....

1. Liberty Tech (8-2)

2. Lexington (8-2)

3. Crockett County (7-3)

4. Greenbrier (6-4)

5. Montgomery Central (6-4)

6. Obion County Central (5-5)

7. Chester County (5-5)

8. Creek Wood (4-6)

Games would be 1/8,2/7,3/6,4/5 with higher seed playing at home...

I have a couple of questions....First, how can Lexington be seeded below Liberty seeing as how they are both in the same district with the same record and Lexington won the head to head match-up 40-27 @ Liberty ??

Second, I wonder if the seeding might change with OC seeing as how the T.$.$.A.A hasn't updated two of the Rebels' out of state opponents...They have Sikeston, MO. @ 9-0 (they are 10-0) and Cape Central, MO. @ 8-1 (they are 9-1)...Looks like that would have some sort of impact on the strength of schedule portion of this equation...I don't profess to understand this jumbled up mess of a playoff seeding system but those are two ???s I see right off....

I have a couple of questions....First, how can Lexington be seeded below Liberty seeing as how they are both in the same district with the same record and Lexington won the head to head match-up 40-27 @ Liberty ??

Second, I wonder if the seeding might change with OC seeing as how the T.$.$.A.A hasn't updated two of the Rebels' out of state opponents...They have Sikeston, MO. @ 9-0 (they are 10-0) and Cape Central, MO. @ 8-1 (they are 9-1)...Looks like that would have some sort of impact on the strength of schedule portion of this equation...I don't profess to understand this jumbled up mess of a playoff seeding system but those are two ???s I see right off....

Look to the fourth criteria in the seeding formula: number of wins by opponents.

Also, earlier news reports made it sound like they were going to spend tonight gathering all the scores (out-of-states included). They may have postponed that until the morning so that they'll be easier to find.

Look to the fourth criteria in the seeding formula: number of wins by opponents.

Also, earlier news reports made it sound like they were going to spend tonight gathering all the scores (out-of-states included). They may have postponed that until the morning so that they'll be easier to find.

You win your district...

You win the head-to-head meeting...

You have the same record...

You are still seeded lower...

Lexington got hosed

The Missouri teams played Thursday night...

Appreciate the hard work on the projections...It will be interesting to see how close you guys are to the T.$.$.A.A.'s official pairings...What time exactly are they to be announced ??

You win your district...

You win the head-to-head meeting...

You have the same record...

You are still seeded lower...

Lexington got hosed

The Missouri teams played Thursday night...

Appreciate the hard work on the projections...It will be interesting to see how close you guys are to the T.$.$.A.A.'s official pairings...What time exactly are they to be announced ??

The same thing happened to Tyner and Howard in 3A. Tyner won the district and head to head but probably will be seeded lower.

Edited by pigpen874

The same thing happened to Tyner and Howard in 3A. Tyner won the district and head to head but probably will be seeded lower.

It doesn't make sense to me...Looks to me like you should be rewarded for what you do during the season...You can't control what teams another school plays or what those schools records are...You can only control how you do against your schedule...Lexington won their district by beating Liberty head to head and in doing so went undefeated in the district the T.$.$.A.A placed them in...Tyner beat Howard pretty decisively (21 points)...You guys got a strong quad when you have two 8-2 teams seeded 6 and 7...I guess Howard having Alcoa on their schedule helped, even though they lost 35-0 ??

I guess it means more to play a stronger non district schedule than it does to actually win a district title and beat the team you are seeded under...

Some will say it doesn't matter...If you are that good you will take care of business...It does matter though..A one seed has an easier road plus if these teams play each other later on then won't Liberty get home field advantage??..That's a pretty tough thing to ask the Tigers to do to go into Jackson twice and beat a team as good as Liberty is...