Chuckey Doak vs Elizabethton

CycloneCyclone

Elizabethton comes into this game with a chip on their shoulder about the whole seeding issue. While the weather could make things a little sloppier, I just don't see Chuckey-Doak hanging around. If the Cyclones shut down the big RB #25 then I see this going to 'Betsy 35-0. If they have trouble managing him, 'Betsy still wins, it's just closer: 28-7.

I'm wondering why CDHS should even suit up and take the field??? Are they outmatched? Yes...but I sure hope their heart leads them to play hard tonight. Do you think those kids know that some EHS fans are giving them no chance? I wonder about that...I'm all about school pride but you don't have to be mean spirited about it do you? Is it CD's fault that TSSAA seeded the teams this way? NO!

Maybe they looked at EHS vs GHS score and saw it was about the same as theirs was...

Cd had some good runs and that was about it. They choked up on the FG attempt and then blew the 4th down conversion in scoring range. Final EHS: 30 CD: 14

Should have probably been 37-14 but that questionable call at the end of the 1st half kinda blew that.

Good game, CD has some big runners!

Edited by EHSTrack06

Cd had some good runs and that was about it. They choked up on the FG attempt and then blew the 4th down conversion in scoring range. Final EHS: 30 CD: 14

Should have probably been 37-14 but that questionable call at the end of the 1st half kinda blew that.

Good game, CD has some big runners!

Well, I am proud of CDHS! That huge turnover/fumble when we were close to going ahead (on the 15 or 20 yard line) sort of took the wind out of our sails! But our guys put up a good fight. The intentional grounding call was pathetic, but other than that I'd say the refs did a decent job. I'm not sure what questionable call would have made the score 37 to 14, but I do think that the Black Knights surprised a few Elizabethton fans and players. I had said all week that we were outmatched and that proved to be true, however, we still fought. Too many mistakes that were capitalized on by EHS...

Well, I am proud of CDHS! That huge turnover/fumble when we were close to going ahead (on the 15 or 20 yard line) sort of took the wind out of our sails! But our guys put up a good fight. The intentional grounding call was pathetic, but other than that I'd say the refs did a decent job. I'm not sure what questionable call would have made the score 37 to 14, but I do think that the Black Knights surprised a few Elizabethton fans and players. I had said all week that we were outmatched and that proved to be true, however, we still fought. Too many mistakes that were capitalized on by EHS...

Turnovers are a big part of football and we had a few costly ones tonight to and we missed two touchdowns on those long passes birchfield was wide open on both. GO CYCLONES Edited by lawnman

Turnovers are a big part of football and we had a few costly ones tonight to and we missed two touchdowns on those long passes birchfield was wide open on both. GO CYCLONES

I don't remember how many turnovers EHS made but I definitely recall the ones CDHS made. Yes that's part of the game but good teams don't make many of them do they? Not sure who EHS plays next but at least CDHS gave them a good fight tonight. As I said before, I think that surprised a few people!

And fortunately, CD has several returning players for next year. Some of the key players are seniors and they will be missed though...

I don't remember how many turnovers EHS made but I definitely recall the ones CDHS made. Yes that's part of the game but good teams don't make many of them do they? Not sure who EHS plays next but at least CDHS gave them a good fight tonight. As I said before, I think that surprised a few people!

And fortunately, CD has several returning players for next year. Some of the key players are seniors and they will be missed though...

The cyclones play austin east and thank goodness it's at home. The cyclones have all there key players back next year and the future looks good for the cyclones.

The cyclones play austin east and thank goodness it's at home. The cyclones have all there key players back next year and the future looks good for the cyclones.

That's good for EHS then...

I think Greeneville only had 7 seniors this year too...they are an impressive team that I really wish we didn't have to play. Can't figure out the way these conferences are set up at all!

That's good for EHS then...

I think Greeneville only had 7 seniors this year too...they are an impressive team that I really wish we didn't have to play. Can't figure out the way these conferences are set up at all!

Don't try to figure it out and if you did the TSSAA would just screw it up.

Well it was a very sloppy game for EHS to many mistakes and 0 adjustments on defense. Once again to many dropped balls and terrible cover 2 play in the secondary. If we play a first half against a strong team like we did tonight we will get blown out. These guys need to find some spunk and heart and get after it from the first whistle on!

Go Cyclones!!!

My bad CDHSGrad,..I should have been more specific lol

The call I referring to was when Our guy was going for a catch that would have been a TD but the CD player was pushing the back of our receiver and wasn't looking for the ball. Should have been pass interference but w/e. It was the very last play of the 1st half.

Well it was a very sloppy game for EHS to many mistakes and 0 adjustments on defense. Once again to many dropped balls and terrible cover 2 play in the secondary. If we play a first half against a strong team like we did tonight we will get blown out. These guys need to find some spunk and heart and get after it from the first whistle on!

Go Cyclones!!!

I agree that there was some sloppy play by both teams, but it bothers me that many keep referring to some of the playoff teams as "weak". Do you not realize that those kids worked hard to get to a 7 - 3 record this year? Most probably don't even realize that CDHS has had very few winning seasons in football in their entire school history of 50+ years. And then people are still calling them weak. You won the game, so congratulations, but please think before you keep putting down your opponents...they are a bunch of 15,16 and 17 year old kids just like your team. Had I said all week that CDHS was outmatched against EHS? YES MORE THAN ONCE BUT I NEVER SAID ANYONE WAS WEAK! Did I really think we could win against EHS? I sure hoped so but deep down I knew we were up against a team that would probably pull out the win, but it sure wasn't a blowout like many had boasted about. As I said eaarlier, I'm proud of our team this year...just be proud of yours and stop running down the team(s) that you play against...