BLACKMAN VS OVERTON

pattonboysdad

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the few legit good teams to come out of Metro in years. Best way to describe them is 'fast'. Not overly strong on the line like we are used to here in Ruth Co, but faster. Best way to deal with them is pancake them and fall on them to keep them from getting up and persuing. O-line MUST keep after their blocks until the whistle is blown.

Secondary is GOOD! They see passing and it does not scare them. They look at every pass as an opportunity to intercept and run back for a td.

While I think Blackman will win, it is not going to be a cakewalk.

One of the few legit good teams to come out of Metro in years. Best way to describe them is 'fast'. Not overly strong on the line like we are used to here in Ruth Co, but faster. Best way to deal with them is pancake them and fall on them to keep them from getting up and persuing. O-line MUST keep after their blocks until the whistle is blown.

Secondary is GOOD! They see passing and it does not scare them. They look at every pass as an opportunity to intercept and run back for a td.

While I think Blackman will win, it is not going to be a cakewalk.

Old Dad for once I agree with you. This will not be a cakewalk. Blackman has played the tougher schedule in Rutherford County. The closest thing that Overton faced to Blackman was Smyrna in the last scrimmage. The starters tied. What will get Overton is team depth. Overton simply does not have much whereas Blackman does. For Blackman they should expect smashmouth football with a couple of big plays with the speed guys you mentioned. For Overton they must stop Mathers. That is obviously easier said then done. I wont predict a winner but I will say that this is one of the better matchups in a loaded quad three. I think that is saying a lot.

why bother to have this game. blackmun wins by 6-7 touchdowns

I hope every Blackman fan thinks just like you. Overton is 8-2 and has looked great at times this year. The problem they have is depth. Many fans thought the same last year with Mcgavock and they gave you all fits. Keep thinking the way you do and by all means spread the word that Blackman shouldn't even show up for the game.

That kind of thinking is foolish at this point in the year.

I hope every Blackman fan thinks just like you. Overton is 8-2 and has looked great at times this year. The problem they have is depth. Many fans thought the same last year with Mcgavock and they gave you all fits. Keep thinking the way you do and by all means spread the word that Blackman shouldn't even show up for the game.

That kind of thinking is foolish at this point in the year.

i totally agree with you workinprogress...but i can assure you the guys who matter...the players and coaches will not look past this game...overton has speed...3 good athletic offensive players (at least) ...and beat cane ridge 35-0 and we only beat them 27-0...so this game is not a gimme by any means!

i do however think overton will have to throw the ball to have a chance...they run the ball mostly and run out of an I-formation and i'm not sure anyone can line up in the "I" and just run over out defense!

should be a fun night!

i totally agree with you workinprogress...but i can assure you the guys who matter...the players and coaches will not look past this game...overton has speed...3 good athletic offensive players (at least) ...and beat cane ridge 35-0 and we only beat them 27-0...so this game is not a gimme by any means!

i do however think overton will have to throw the ball to have a chance...they run the ball mostly and run out of an I-formation and i'm not sure anyone can line up in the "I" and just run over out defense!

should be a fun night!

I agree. Your defense is tough. One of the best and very physical. Overton will try to pound but I agree I think they will have to mix it up and try a couple of passes to keep things more balanced. I think it will be much closer than people think.