Who will be our 2010 3-AAA All-State Team?

jumper

Who would get your vote?

you have to give the sister duo from ravenwood as well as alyssa ivey a look.

Independence's Caroline Carlton also deserves her credit, and the setter Murphy and libero McCombs also had one dynamic week

#4 from siegel, the name of which i do not know, was "automatic" as the students said, and proved to be so.

DB had a couple of good players starting with the big girl in the middle.

#34 from soddy also had a good couple of games.

i attended all the state games but was not overly impressed by any other player.

overall this tournament was filled with very capable girls. :thumb:

Yes I remember last year the All-State team was presented early December around the 10th. I guess there is no set time.

Riverdales outside hitter was the best outside in the state this year IMO.

DB's setter-Rutledge--she is the best player in the state.

DB's middle

Indy's libero is the best in the state IMO as well.

ravenwoods middle the senior Madilyn Hudson

Indy's middle Caroline Carlton

Brooke Faulkner Siegel OS

Karns best middle

Maybe Ravenwoods setters...both really good.

I would like to think there is an all state player in AAA from Memphis, but I didn't see anyone.

Anyone?

Is there a consistant pattern to the number of candidates chosen and are choices based on position team placed in state?

For instance more candidates for first place etc.? and is there a pattern to the players' positions ex: # outside, # right # middle, # Setters, # DS and # Libero etc.

I realize Sr. Hutson was named MVP for the tournament in addition she can be on the All-State Team.

Do All-State Players chosen have to be in the state tournament with their team? I thought Kylann Scheidt from Farragut made the All-State Team however Farragut lost Substate to DB last year?

Anyone?

Is there a consistant pattern to the number of candidates chosen and are choices based on position team placed in state?

For instance more candidates for first place etc.? and is there a pattern to the players' positions ex: # outside, # right # middle, # Setters, # DS and # Libero etc.

I realize Sr. Hutson was named MVP for the tournament in addition she can be on the All-State Team.

Do All-State Players chosen have to be in the state tournament with their team? I thought Kylann Scheidt from Farragut made the All-State Team however Farragut lost Substate to DB last year?

Yes...there is a consistent pattern. The teams that make the state...have the best players overall. Riverdale didn't make the state..but the have one of the best players in the state.

Another all state level player is the outside at Brentwood as well as their middle.

It appears that there are many good players in the State this year. Of course, all of those listed here are AAA. I remember some AA players that are good also and I'm not sure whether AS include all Divisions or not. As i remember, D2 likely had their own recognition. /These seem to be chosen by the Newspaper Writers and the list included more than six players. West Tennessee, Munford, had a very good individual player in Scarler Gable Collierville had a couple of players. At this point, someone sends out the ballots and the voting occurs. One year, selection was made by each part of the State, East, Middle ande West. It was a little confusing but I remember posting the names after seing them in the papers. The year that happened, Upper East and Chattanooga wound up having a list also. The more the merrier. One year some newspapers didn't vote. The facts are not that they didn't take the time to vote but that the players and Schools were not recognized. Awards, IMO, are team awards, also. While not conclusive, the School profiles on this site had some names, but clearly some names were not there, for those in the State Tournament.

Gotta throw my 2 cents in.

Karns' players get a vote.

I do hope the Sports Writers consider the extaordinary year from the 2 Senior Big Middles at Karns and are both recognized. Their stats are fantastic for the season and before. They are great hitters; each with different skills and strenghts that were utilized on the court. In addition, they both played all-round this; not many middles do this in addition to offence. This means they get no rest and continue to play the entire game. Both serve aces in every game. They are both going to play at the next level. #7 was recruited to continue to play back row because of her passing ability; an added bonus for her and her future university.

If the Sportwriters take care of this, you get what the Sportwriters give you from one end of the State to the other. That seems to be the reason for their being so many named. Something else has been seen, regional selections with more than 6 players. In the past 5-6 years, the player at Farragut is the only one I have seen that did not go to State. Some were left off because some newspapers did not vote, shame on them. This year, it could have happened to a great player out of Munford. they qualified. The question is though, someone has to be really good to be on a team with a great record and not make it all the way to State. How can a player be named on first team of state and not go to state? Second Team I can understand but but what caps off the reason to be on the team. Some reasons have already been given. It really donen't make any difference, The award is generally somewhat a team award as was the other one at Farragutt.

Anyone?

What is interesting the year some newspapers did not vote is one of them was the Newspaper in Knoxville. The left off player was clearly one of the best in the State. Some years there have been as many as 10-12 players on the team as I remember and other years different formats. However its done, the selection is with worthy players. Someone will set the rules, likely they will be in the area the newspaper is in, someone then will put it together. Something tells me the last two years, Regional players were across Divisions and State players were State wide. It would be hard to believe that the Coach of the Year would not be in the State.

Announcements