3A District 2 won't make it out of the 1st round

The 3A District 2 teams (West Greene, South Greene, Chuckey-Doak, and Cumberland Gap) rarely make it to the playoffs and have only made it to the second round twice. Cumberland Gap made it to the second round in 2007 before losing to GP. Chuckey Doak made it to the second round in 1992 before losing to Powell.

District 2 didn't make it out of the first round last year, and I don't think they will this year either. I can see Districts 1 and 3 dominating District 2 until TSSAA re-aligns the districts again.

The 3A District 2 teams (West Greene, South Greene, Chuckey-Doak, and Cumberland Gap) rarely make it to the playoffs and have only made it to the second round twice. Cumberland Gap made it to the second round in 2007 before losing to GP. Chuckey Doak made it to the second round in 1992 before losing to Powell.

District 2 didn't make it out of the first round last year, and I don't think they will this year either. I can see Districts 1 and 3 dominating District 2 until TSSAA re-aligns the districts again.

Very well may happen, but I hope it doesn't. Just for all three teams from Greene County in 3A to get in this year is a feat in itself and Greene Countians should be very proud of the brand of football being played here this year. That has never happened before that CD, SG and WG have all gotten in the same year. As for never making it out of the first round, SG has had the most chances and have had some bad draws, luck, etc. over the years. CD has been down for the last several years and have not been to the playoffs lately. West Greene were known as the cellar dwellers for years and years and have finally built a decent program and have made it to the playoffs for three strait years now, which equals their previous trips prior to this streak. You should be proud Greene County, that three of teams have even made it this far. As for me, I think one or two could advance. As for Columbia Blue, I'm betting you haven't even seen one of these teams play this year?

As for Columbia Blue, I'm betting you haven't even seen one of these teams play this year?

Not in person, but I saw Cumberland Gap on Rivalry Thursday in week 8. I'm friends with one of the Austin-East coaches, and I occasionally watch film with them. So, I've also seen film of West Greene, South Greene, and Chuckey Doak.

Congratulations to West Greene, South Greene, and Chuckey Doak for making the playoffs and playing a better "brand of football," but IMO their "brand of football" is still not at the level of District 1 and 3 teams this year.

Not in person, but I saw Cumberland Gap on Rivalry Thursday in week 8. I'm friends with one of the Austin-East coaches, and I occasionally watch film with them. So, I've also seen film of West Greene, South Greene, and Chuckey Doak.

Congratulations to West Greene, South Greene, and Chuckey Doak for making the playoffs and playing a better "brand of football," but IMO their "brand of football" is still not at the level of District 1 and 3 teams this year.

Like I said, you may be right. I just hope not. It's hard to predict three games, especially in the playoffs. These conferences really don't know much about each other this year and one may be stronger than the other. We will see soon enough what "level district 2 will play at.

Guess you were right, but it was closer in all three games than most might have thought. West Greene came up one yard short to tie it against AE and go into overtime. South Greene was winning late and gave up a game against Happy Valley. Defense has plagued them all year. Chuckey Doak kept it close to a good Elizabethton team tl late in the game. Good job District 2, you may not have won a game, but you opened some eyes. Oh yeah, and your big brother in 4A, Greeneville, is still going.

Guess you were right, but it was closer in all three games than most might have thought. West Greene came up one yard short to tie it against AE and go into overtime. South Greene was winning late and gave up a game against Happy Valley. Defense has plagued them all year. Chuckey Doak kept it close to a good Elizabethton team tl late in the game. Good job District 2, you may not have won a game, but you opened some eyes. Oh yeah, and your big brother in 4A, Greeneville, is still going.

:thumb: