Craigmont vs Dyer Co

footballhick2009

StevieRayVol, always the eternal optimist for DCHS and DHS football and without a doubt you have been in the running for multiple football head coaching jobs with all of your bountiful knowledge on the game and especially the coaching aspects of the game. Sounds to me like you hold a little bit of a grudge from "your boy" being booted from the team by Renshaw during his "glory days". The discipline (or lack there of) you always speak of seemed to be too much for "your boy" as he was shown the door by the coaches at Dyer County. It takes alot of guts to come on a public message board and hide behind a screen name and bad mouth people who are doing their jobs. If there were only a message board for loser couch potatoes for all the rest of the DC and Dburg faithful to get on and critique your slothness.

Man, blow it out your ear...Renshaw never"BOOTS ANYBODY" that's the problem...Freaking parents raising cane in practice, kids screaming and hollering at coaches, Players "PERSONALLY ATTACKING COACHES" in the locker room?....Kids will do what you let them do..You can't be "BUDDY, BUDDY" with a bunch of 14-18 year olds..They will "EAT YOUR LUNCH"..I've never personally attacked a "KID" or a Coach's integrity or character...Renshaw is a GOOD MAN..Never questioned that..He is a fine, christian man and would probably make a fine assistant.. but I don't think he will ever get it done there...As far as "GLORY DAYS"..LOL..ONE GOOD SEASON...They had great senior leaders on that team..BA Davis and that bunch refused to let them lose. ...It's no different at either school....Go to a Dyersburg game or a Dyer County game..Same thing..Parents screaming at the coaches all night long. no discipline and talent out the wazzou..Especially at DC...They got more talent than ever up there..But like I said at the start of the season.."THEY WILL BE LUCKY TO BREAK .500"..Looks like I'm right on this one...

And if you see me out somewhere..be sure to "CRITIQUE ME ON MY SLOTHNESS"..I look forward to it.. :thumb:

Edited by StevieRayVol

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who CONTROLS which team shows up? Who are you comparing Renshaw to? The man's team just beat a team that most folks, including me, thought would put them out. Are you saying Dyer County has the talent on the team to win the state, if not how far SHOULD they go? Do they have the talent to beat Northside? I look forward to your answers. You are obviously the football guru of Dyersburg/Dyer County and I need your help with my picks. Please let me just have a small glimpse into your brilliant football mind.

The coach controls what team shows up! You can have an off night..But this team is TOO INCONSISTENT...You got more talent up there than ever..The best talent in Dyer County, about 5 kids from Lake County, A great quarterback, probably the best running back in West Tn in Medford, Wr's that can catch and run, depth/size on the offensive and defensive line, and the team is like a "YO-YO" Up and down..All goes back to the head coach, "YOU GOTTA HAVE SOMEBODY THESE KIDS WILL RUN THROUGH A BRICK WALL FOR"..What do you think they would do with somebody like Comer, Kevin Ward or Vowell at the helm?..Think about it. Gonna be more talent than ever there in the next season or two..What's gonna happen?.. :bored:

Edited by StevieRayVol

You are OUT OF YOUR MIND. Did the refs have any influence on the 91 yard TD pass? NO. Did they "give" Craigmont the other scores? NO. Did the refs cause the fumbles that were recovered? NO. Win with some class and don't try to blame the refs for penalties - all of which were legitimate. Craigmont was also penalized throughout the game, but I'm sure you don't remember those. Dyer played a hard game and Craigmont did not make the plays to win.

Were you at the game ,,NO..there wasnt a 91 yd td by craigmont and All their scores came from refs advancing them downfield with Flagrant pentalities..Craigmont at best had 3 penatlties..Apparently Class is defined as by the Choctaws victory despite the Refs ..good try tho..Btw I am of sound mind..

Edited by DHSFB64

Were you at the game ,,NO..there wasnt a 91 yd td by craigmont and All their scores came from refs advancing them downfield with Flagrant pentalities..Craigmont at best had 3 penatlties..Apparently Class is defined as by the Choctaws victory despite the Refs ..good try tho..Btw I am of sound mind..

Yes there was! Sam Craft connected to Jarque Chatman in the second quarter with under 2 minutes left from inside their own 20 to go up 13-7 at the half. Are you serious, DHSFB64? I get being a fan, but what's this crazy typing about...

The facemask from 15 on Craigmont's 54 was very legitimate, and so was the block in the back call on one of DC's players. The holding penalties are always an iffy part of the game, though. Craigmont was on the good end of the holding calls.

DC's #1 is a stud. He dominate both sides of the ball that night. DC's qb was also lights out. Good win for those guys.

Craigmont had its chances, but blew them. Getting inside the 20 and not scoring has been their fault all year. For some reason, they had a hard time all year punching it in...

The coach controls what team shows up! You can have an off night..But this team is TOO INCONSISTENT...You got more talent up there than ever..The best talent in Dyer County, about 5 kids from Lake County, A great quarterback, probably the best running back in West Tn in Medford, Wr's that can catch and run, depth/size on the offensive and defensive line, and the team is like a "YO-YO" Up and down..All goes back to the head coach, "YOU GOTTA HAVE SOMEBODY THESE KIDS WILL RUN THROUGH A BRICK WALL FOR"..What do you think they would do with somebody like Comer, Kevin Ward or Vowell at the helm?..Think about it. Gonna be more talent than ever there in the next season or two..What's gonna happen?.. :bored:

I have seen Dyer County play 3 times in person this year and one time on tape. Like more and more West Tennessee teams, the Choctaws have gone to the spread--in fact, they probably went there first, several years ago. Here is what I see in Dyer County:

1. No team discipline, which of course becomes the kiss of death.

2. Medford averages 8 + yards a game BECAUSE he only geta few carries. Teams defend Dyer County with 6 in the box.

If Medford were in the back of an I formation, he would average closer to 4.0 yards a carry. He is a good back--an excellent back, in f

act--but to suggest that he is the best back in West Tennessee is absurd.

3. Dye is not an outstanding spread QB. His completion % is too low. Spread QBs are supposed to aveage more than 60% completions and are supposed to be able to run the ball. Dye is erratic and has likely reached his peak.

4. Dyer Couny has no defense--against either the run or pass.

5. Finally, on the question of what Dyer County players would do if they had Ward or Comer at the helm, most would be in the study hall, having quit football because they were having to do real, strenuous practices, or because of insubordination.

Northside will beat Dyer County handily. They are well coached, and Craig is a far better spread QB than Dye. Beware the second half.

(Wallace Milam)

Was I at the game? YES. All their scores did not come as a result of penalties. Stop being an ignorant fan. Your body needs to sue your brain for non-support. Here is the scoring summary straight from the Commercial Appeal website:

DYER CO. 21, CRAIGMONT 19

Dyer Co. / 0 / 7 / 14 / 0 / -- / 21 /

Craigmont / 7 / 6 / 0 / 6 / -- / 19 /

C -- Sam Craft 1 run (Manuel Coronado kick)

D -- Marcus Parr 82 pass from Dylan Dye (Josh Despain kick)

C -- Jarque Chatman 91 pass from Sam Craft (kick failed)

D -- Oshawn Smith 43 pass from Dylan Dye (Josh Despain kick)

D -- Thaddaeus Medford 6 run (Josh Despain kick)

C -- Walter Crutchfield 35 run (run failed)

I have seen Dyer County play 3 times in person this year and one time on tape. Like more and more West Tennessee teams, the Choctaws have gone to the spread--in fact, they probably went there first, several years ago. Here is what I see in Dyer County:

2. Medford averages 8 + yards a game BECAUSE he only geta few carries. Teams defend Dyer County with 6 in the box.

If Medford were in the back of an I formation, he would average closer to 4.0 yards a carry. He is a good back--an excellent back, in f

3. Dye is not an outstanding spread QB. His completion % is too low. Spread QBs are supposed to aveage more than 60% completions and are supposed to be able to run the ball. Dye is erratic and has likely reached his peak.

5. Finally, on the question of what Dyer County players would do if they had Ward or Comer at the helm, most would be in the study hall, having quit football because they were having to do real, strenuous practices, or because of insubordination.

Northside will beat Dyer County handily. They are well coached, and Craig is a far better spread QB than Dye. Beware the second half.

(Wallace Milam)

1. 100% agree

2. I don't think he is the best,he is one of the better Rbs, but if he gets more carries he makes the defense put more in the box and helps to solve point number three. A good analogy in the Chris Johnson effect for the Titans ypc, is down but, offensively they are much more efficient because what defenses have to do to defend the run game.

3. Has completed enough passes. You can live with a lower completion rating when you average the number of big plays (20+ gains) that your receivers can provide. Also see point 2. Scoring points is not the issue here.

4. Running the ball will increase your time of possession and, keep a very suspect defense off the field. I guarantee you if you look at the games in which Medford got the most carries, you will see an increased production in the defense.

5. It is not fair to say what kids would do, if they have never been asked to do something. A coach of the caliber and success as the previous mentioned instantly demands a level of respect and it doesn't take much for kids to buy into them. There are good working class kids on this team.

1. 100% agree

2. I don't think he is the best,he is one of the better Rbs, but if he gets more carries he makes the defense put more in the box and helps to solve point number three. A good analogy in the Chris Johnson effect for the Titans ypc, is down but, offensively they are much more efficient because what defenses have to do to defend the run game.

3. Has completed enough passes. You can live with a lower completion rating when you average the number of big plays (20+ gains) that your receivers can provide. Also see point 2. Scoring points is not the issue here.

4. Running the ball will increase your time of possession and, keep a very suspect defense off the field. I guarantee you if you look at the games in which Medford got the most carries, you will see an increased production in the defense.

5. It is not fair to say what kids would do, if they have never been asked to do something. A coach of the caliber and success as the previous mentioned instantly demands a level of respect and it doesn't take much for kids to buy into them. There are good working class kids on this team.

I suppose from the points in my post, readers who didn't know me would assume that I am anti-Dyer County. Not at all. I worked with the Dyersburg High football team for years, but I always favored Dyer County when DHS was not involved. I attended the DC games this year hoping they would win. I wish they could compete with Northside but I don't see it happening.

I would comment that your observation about responding to a different kind of coaching could go either way. I think you are correct, and your point is a good one, but a lot of players have gotten away with a lot in the past few years.

(Wallace Milam)

Edited by Augielio

Was I at the game? YES. All their scores did not come as a result of penalties. Stop being an ignorant fan. Your body needs to sue your brain for non-support. Here is the scoring summary straight from the Commercial Appeal website:

DYER CO. 21, CRAIGMONT 19

Dyer Co. / 0 / 7 / 14 / 0 / -- / 21 /

Craigmont / 7 / 6 / 0 / 6 / -- / 19 /

C -- Sam Craft 1 run (Manuel Coronado kick)

D -- Marcus Parr 82 pass from Dylan Dye (Josh Despain kick)

C -- Jarque Chatman 91 pass from Sam Craft (kick failed)

D -- Oshawn Smith 43 pass from Dylan Dye (Josh Despain kick)

D -- Thaddaeus Medford 6 run (Josh Despain kick)

C -- Walter Crutchfield 35 run (run failed)

Craigmont offensive success was greatly enhanced from refs (as you must be from your flawed view of the game) otherwise you wouldnt defend yourself ..we certainly did expect to win with the game being played in Memphis knowing we'd have to win regardless of refs (you?) aiding to put them in scoring position time after time..I know what I saw and its called FLAGRANT ..you really need to get off calling folks ignorant ,as thats flagrant

(Wallace Milam)

1. Agree 100%

2. Might have been a stretch to say he was the best but he's put up some pretty good numbers and from what I've seen and heard is a great kid..I know he seems to go all out the few times I've seen him play..I know he saved a touchdown when Dye threw a pick right before halftime against Munford and he ran the kid down and caught him on about the one as time expired.."He never gave up on the play".

3.Not gonna knock the kid.

4.Defense spends a lot of time on the field. Good running game would give the defense time to rest up.

5.Not gonna knock the kids again..But I believe a coach like Comer or Ward would command respect and it wouldn't take long for them to buy into it.. If some couldn't take it..then so be it..

I too will always pulled for Dyersburg when they played Dyer County it's my alma mater.. If Dyer County wins then,that's great, have lots of friends with kids on the team.. Just don't see them ever going far with Renshaw at the helm.

Edited by StevieRayVol

It is not fair to say what kids would do, if they have never been asked to do something. A coach of the caliber and success as the previous mentioned instantly demands a level of respect and it doesn't take much for kids to buy into them. There are good working class kids on this team.

these are all fine young men as with all teams ..they would all buy into the coaches mentioned ..they ALL love football and DC