Championship Game Predictions ?

FutbalFan

Well, the Championship Matches are set. Predictions and comments?

St George's vs Univ. School of Jackson

Jackson will prevail 2-1 even though they have previously lost and tied to St George's this year. St George had it too easy in the semi's and USJ got some offensive mojo going.

Baylor vs St Agnes

Baylor breaks their 2 year jinx and avenges last years loss to St Agnes 2-0. St Agnes has punch but Baylor's D has been really tough allowing 5 goals all season. Key will be if St Agnes can keep this game out of their defensive end of the field.

CAK vs Notre Dame

If any game goes to O/T I'm betting this one. I just think CAK offensive power will prevail 2-1. But if they don't keep ND striker contained, all bets are off. Goal Keeping (lack of errors) could play a big part though.

Houston vs Franklin

Houston is just too good. 2-0 or more victor.

Edited by FutbalFan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson will prevail 2-1 even though they have previously lost and tied to St George's this year. If the semifinal games are an indication, it just seems to me USJ has more offensive mojo going.

Baylor vs St Agnes

Baylor breaks their 2 year jinx and avenges last years loss to St Agnes 2-0. St Agnes has punch but Baylor's D has been really tough allowing 5 goals all season. Key will be if St Agnes can keep this game out of their defensive end of the field.

CAK vs Notre Dame

If any game goes to O/T I'm betting this one. I just think CAK offensive power will prevail 2-1. But if they don't keep ND striker contained, all bets are off.

Houston vs Franklin

I go with Franklin over Houston

Jackson will prevail 2-1 even though they have previously lost and tied to St George's this year. St George had it too easy in the semi's and USJ got some offensive mojo going.

Baylor vs St Agnes

CAK vs Notre Dame

If any game goes to O/T I'm betting this one. I just think CAK offensive power will prevail 2-1. But if they don't keep ND striker contained, all bets are off. Goal Keeping (lack of errors) could play a big part though.

Houston vs Franklin

2 for 2 so far.

2 for 2 so far.

I agree with your asssessment except probably franklin over houston strickly due to injury of Olivia Harrison for Houston. It is not uncommon for teams to play well against houston in the midfield and maybe even outpossess them a little but it's their counter attack that is the best counter in all divisions for the last couple of years that make them tough. Houston defense is better than last years so it allows them to stay in low scoring games...ie...ravenwood....if Houston wins today I predict they 3peat because they lose just a couple of players for next year.

usj vs st georges was a toss up but a lean to usj for being more offensive...Congrats to USJ!

Baylor over ST agnes...st agnes defense not as good as last year but still pretty good. Injury to st agnes defender entering tournament didnt help their cause. Baylor was team to beat this year. Congrats to Baylor! St Agnes is returning just about everyone so they should be back in the championship game again next year.

Baylor vs St Agnes

CAK vs Notre Dame

Houston vs Franklin

ND 1 CAK 0 ND dominated the game from start to finish.

Your goalie comment has me curious as to what you meant since I'm close to the ND keeper. She gave up one goal - to CPA in a torrential storm of both rain and shots - the entire tournament. Forgive the brag, but I'm proud of her and I've called every family member I could so you guys were next. ha

Go Irish

Baylor vs St Agnes

CAK vs Notre Dame

Houston vs Franklin

Not bad, FutbalFan. 3 out of 4 would make you a rich man.

In CAK game, ND striker was contained, but ND had too many other options. CAK had no real chances today with play mostly on ND side of field.

Not bad, FutbalFan. 3 out of 4 would make you a rich man.

In CAK game, ND striker was contained, but ND had too many other options. CAK had no real chances today with play mostly on ND side of field.

What a great weekend of games !! Too bad we couldn't have a Houston vs Baylor game out back behind a barn or something where #1 could really be sorted out. Oops, better not forget ND, clearly the scrappiest team in Chattanooga this weekend.

I do think Baylor and St Agnes will be battling again this time next year. St Agnes losses little and Baylor returns M. Thomas.

In an earlier post, my comment on goal keeping errors was questioned. I was trying to be subtle, it was the CAK keeper that I was concerned for (glad she had no errors in Championship game. No one was stopping that ND Header). The ND keeper is why ND even made it to the finals. She was spectacular against CPA.

What a great weekend of games !! Too bad we couldn't have a Houston vs Baylor game out back behind a barn or something where #1 could really be sorted out. Oops, better not forget ND, clearly the scrappiest team in Chattanooga this weekend.

I do think Baylor and St Agnes will be battling again this time next year. St Agnes losses little and Baylor returns M. Thomas.

In an earlier post, my comment on goal keeping errors was questioned. I was trying to be subtle, it was the CAK keeper that I was concerned for (glad she had no errors in Championship game. No one was stopping that ND Header). The ND keeper is why ND even made it to the finals. She was spectacular against CPA.

Ain't gonna lie, I was fishing. Thanks for biting and the nice comments.

Folks, as Sydney Freedman said on M*A*S*H "Take my advice, take off your pants on slide on the ice."

I'm out.

EDIT: This game did not hinge on goalie play at all.

Edited by Rabble Rouser