Lawrence County @ Tullahoma

purple75gold

I can go along with some of what you are saying but the part about shutting down the districts best player is crazy! I think he had soemthing like 183 yards and two touchdowns! Other than that I would like to give a big hand to Tullahoma. Yall are truely deserving!

I totally agree. Garland had a great game. However, I would like to see a replay of his second TD. From the angle I had it looked as if he was brought down about 2 yds shy of the goal line. It's kinda moot though, since he probably would have scored on the next play anyway.

There is something I would like to know. Does LC's #33 kiss his mother with that mouth? :angry: Just curious?

You and me both! I was thinking that as I was walking off the field after the game. :shock: It's worked out so far, so why stop now, right? :unsure:

You have certainly been very accurate in your predictions and you're my official predictor from now on. I'm thinking the Cats may have to score in the thirties to win at Columbia. The Lions held Tullahoma to their lowest point total this season when Tullahoma beat Columbia 21-20 in week 2, the Cats 3rd game.

You have certainly been very accurate in your predictions and you're my official predictor from now on. I'm thinking the Cats may have to score in the thirties to win at Columbia. The Lions held Tullahoma to their lowest point total this season when Tullahoma beat Columbia 21-20 in week 2, the Cats 3rd game.

We'll see how the numbers play out. But, I may wait until later in the week to post it. We know this is all in good fun and not to be taken seriously. I just don't want it to cause any lapses in concentration while we are preparing for the task at hand. :thumb:

Just wanna say congratulations to both teams. a VERY physical game from both teams, and I really think it would be hard to say that one team was more physical than the other. I thought there was a great class shown by both teams throughout the game, and especially after the game. LC-Tullahoma is a great rivalry with both sides respecting the other,and i'm looking forward to keeping this intesne rivalry going in the next years.

regarding debows dad comment, tullahoma has no room to talk about people talking.. T-town ran there mouths jus as much if not more then LC.. and at least LC coaches have enough respect to keep there mouth shut and not cuss or down an opposing teams 17-18 year old kids.. I really hope that coach feels good about himself talking to a 17 year old like that. makes me wonder if he even had a momma to kiss. poor sportsmanship by the tullahoma sideline.. other than that t-town is a good team and wish them the best of luck

regarding debows dad comment, tullahoma has no room to talk about people talking.. T-town ran there mouths jus as much if not more then LC.. and at least LC coaches have enough respect to keep there mouth shut and not cuss or down an opposing teams 17-18 year old kids.. I really hope that coach feels good about himself talking to a 17 year old like that. makes me wonder if he even had a momma to kiss. poor sportsmanship by the tullahoma sideline.. other than that t-town is a good team and wish them the best of luck

I know that in a game of this magnitude some ratchet-jawing & trash talking is going to happen. It's part of the game, in some cases, unfortunately. Would you care to elaborate on which T-Town coach was cussing an opposing player and what you think was said? The player I was referring to said some things that would make a sailor blush and we, the fans in the stands, could hear it. Those that were paying attention anyway.

way to go tullahoma. another punt return by #10 appeared to set the tone for the cats in red. a little different game was imposed on lawrence county. tullahoma seemed to control the ground game even while lawrence county loaded the line of scrimmage. the passing game looked to be wide open as well. tullahoma;s defense proved to be tough once more. no doubt that lawrence county is as physical a team as one can be, but tullahoma was more physical on both sides of the ball. the running game by tullahoma was impressive. great job up front. the defense held true when it mattered. what an accomplishment by shutting down the district's best player. tullahoma, enjoy the victory, but get ready to prepare for another battle next friday. well done boys! to those of you that thought lawrence county had a shot, they were never really in it. and as for lawrence county, you have a long way to go to be considered a class act team.

Lets put all the negative comments to rest because its taking away from a great played game by both teams. As noted in another post, trash talking is part of most competition events from playing cards to jax and whatever. Thats just the adrenaline taking over. Competetors use trash talking to get in their opponents heads for leverage and football is probably one of the worst sports for trash talking. On the other hand, after the game LC's #6 checked on Tullahoma's Jordan Sheffield after he absolutely layed a thunderous shot on Sheff that knocked him out of the game. To me thats CLASS. Both teams probably displayed classless acts but all in all they respected each other and everyone went home safely. As for coaches..... no comment

I know that in a game of this magnitude some ratchet-jawing & trash talking is going to happen. It's part of the game, in some cases, unfortunately. Would you care to elaborate on which T-Town coach was cussing an opposing player and what you think was said? The player I was referring to said some things that would make a sailor blush and we, the fans in the stands, could hear it. Those that were paying attention anyway.

i would like to know what you "heard" me say?

Just wanna say congratulations to both teams. a VERY physical game from both teams, and I really think it would be hard to say that one team was more physical than the other. I thought there was a great class shown by both teams throughout the game, and especially after the game. LC-Tullahoma is a great rivalry with both sides respecting the other,and i'm looking forward to keeping this intesne rivalry going in the next years.

Dosen't a rivalry have to have close match ups over the years. I think Tullahoma has won 20 out of the last 21 and 40 out of the last 45. Not much of a rivalry.