round 2 mustangs revisit brickyard

sawdust76

Nice post titanman. These games have become exciting to say the least. I expect a huge crowd Friday night. Great staffs on both sides looking for a weakness. The Hickory House will be smoking it up for sure.

Giles played their worst game of the year last week. Hopefully they can focus on the task at hand this week. There is no doubt coach Mac will have DL ready. Its a coin toss from week to week to see what Giles team shows up. This one will be worth your 8 bucks :ph34r:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect the way David Lipscomb plays football. They are tough and physical and don't beat themselves often. Giles County did beat David Lipscomb last year. I think Giles County plays football very well too and I think what O'Connor has done in Pulaski has been nothing short of a miracle. That program was dead until he took over in 2006 and since that time Giles County has become a powerhouse. I do look for this one to be one heck of a battle. I don't ever pick against the Mustangs in the playoffs and I am not about to start now.

David Lipscomb: 28

Giles County: 14

I tried out for the "bagpipe" vacancy but was not full of enough hot air to earn the job. Maybe one of these days that will change :roflol:

Also, I never recall picking "Fairview" to be anything special. The job Hughes has done there has been great and yes I did pick them to beat Stewart County. Who wouldn't have picked them to beat Stewart County? Really?

The Cubs are only 2-6 all-time against Giles County as well so I can't talk much "smack" in regards to that insulting comment. That 0-7 all-time mark against David Lipscomb certainly means I am not allowed to pick against the Mustangs. .250 against one team and .000 against the other team.

Looking forward to another trip down to Giles County. We miss playing you guys every year. There were some classic meetings for four years. I don't count last year since we got boat-raced and were not in the game. Your stadium is awesome and the best restaurant (Hickory House) of any road trip we make.

On paper, this looks like a good game. Giles has a better record; but, Lipscomb has played a considerably more difficult schedule. Hopefully, we can shake off the malaise that surrounded us for four quarters last week and make it a good game. Can't wait to be in Pulaski on Friday night.

Come on titanman, how can you not count the one game we beat yall? That would be like saying we don't count the game from 2007 because the mustangs killed us.

This should be a great game. It's suppossed to be a little warmer friday, should be a perfect night. Can't wait to watch this old rivalry game.

Hopefully this will be the best fan turnout of the season.

Come on titanman, how can you not count the one game we beat yall? That would be like saying we don't count the game from 2007 because the mustangs killed us.

This should be a great game. It's suppossed to be a little warmer friday, should be a perfect night. Can't wait to watch this old rivalry game.

This should be a great game. Two very good teams with outstanding coaching. Both teams are probably coming off sub-par performances, but should be ready to face a familiar rival.

The main question I have is about how well this years DL team plays on the road. Sure they beat GP on the road, but have not really proven they travel well. I believe the DL defense is better than last years team, and should have a few interesting elements for GC. The offense is very close to last years, but slightly different (the passing game is somewhat better and the OL slightly less strong). I'm counting on DL to put together a strong game and come away with a win.

Edited by sportsnutdad

Here's the deal: All 6 O-linemen are seniors, Running back is a senior, Receivers are seniors, 3/4 of d-line and linebackers are seniors and entire def. backfield are ,you guessed it, SENIORS. Senior leadership will carry this team as far as they want to go. It has been mental lapses that have stalled this team every game, including some wins. They have improved, and I expect greatness the rest of the way.By the way, every player on the starting team has been in the program since at least 8th grade and most since 1st grade.

Here's the deal: All 6 O-linemen are seniors, Running back is a senior, Receivers are seniors, 3/4 of d-line and linebackers are seniors and entire def. backfield are ,you guessed it, SENIORS. Senior leadership will carry this team as far as they want to go. It has been mental lapses that have stalled this team every game, including some wins. They have improved, and I expect greatness the rest of the way.By the way, every player on the starting team has been in the program since at least 8th grade and most since 1st grade.

OK Cracker...sounds like this is a senior class you have been waiting for. Tell me about the running back that is sharing time with Officer and what happened to this Senior ladend class against Pearl and Page? Ourselves..against Page....we were a bit drunk on the Thursday Night Lights attention....JMHO

Edited by likearock

OK Cracker...sounds like this is a senior class you have been waiting for. Tell me about the running back that is sharing time with Officer and what happened to this Senior ladend class against Pearl and Page? Ourselves..against Page....we were a bit drunk on the Thursday Night Lights attention....JMHO

Cracker,

Don't forget the freshman MLB, who leads the team in tackles, and can be a force on offense as well. It also goes without saying that seniors are counted on, and must provide leadership in the playoffs. This is true in most every sport, not just football.

LA-Rock,

Why don't you talk about GC turnovers? Looks like sweaty-nervous hands in addition to lights might cause problems for the cats. Thoughts? (Oh! sorry. I shouldn't pose questions to a rock...should I?) ;^)

I simply meant the game was not a "classic" since it was one-sided. All the other games had been fairly competitive and entertaining. Don't worry it still goes down as Giles County's first win against the Mustangs

Cracker,

Don't forget the freshman MLB, who leads the team in tackles, and can be a force on offense as well. It also goes without saying that seniors are counted on, and must provide leadership in the playoffs. This is true in most every sport, not just football.

LA-Rock,

Why don't you talk about GC turnovers? Looks like sweaty-nervous hands in addition to lights might cause problems for the cats. Thoughts? (Oh! sorry. I shouldn't pose questions to a rock...should I?) ;^)

Hey Nut! Feel free to ask me anything you like Nut, We're all here cuz we are football fans right? Our defense has been excellent in the turnover department this season but I bet thats not what your talking about is it Nut? We have a Soph. Qb that earlier in the season needed to see the field better and we suffered a few turnovers, but as of late he has gelled and matured nicely. Last week it seemed like he ran for a country mile. Even though your in the big city...you know what that looks like don't you Nut. If you've forgotten look at last years DL vs Giles film. I bet ya'll still have a copy somewhere......Because Bo ran for about 2 Country miles so you can just divide that up and there you have it. Oh by the way he is the same qb that won up at your stadium last year in the Freshman game.