Worst Field House in State:Chuckey-Doak

tcpioneer3

Well at least the Buffs did something about it instead of starting a thread on coacht. $50,000 dollars is probably not even a fourth of what the whole building cost. Plus I heard that the Buffs got a lot of donations and work done by companies in the community that lowered the cost. It sounded like a full commitment from people in the community that supported the program. With the year the Black Knights had, surely they could get something rolling like West Greene did.

You were misleading in the fact that you wanted everyone to think WG boosters paid for it all. I commend them on getting the ball rolling. The thread was started to see what other visitors thought of the facilities. If you don't want to read it then don't click the mouse. Thats a simple enough solution for you.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were misleading in the fact that you wanted everyone to think WG boosters paid for it all. I commend them on getting the ball rolling. The thread was started to see what other visitors thought of the facilities. If you don't want to read it then don't click the mouse. Thats a simple enough solution for you.

I was continuing with the conversation that was at hand about funding and other ways to get around that. Likewise, if you don't want me to post, don't respond to mine. That's even a more simple solution for you. I'm sure West Greene would love to have the building that Chuckey Doak has right now rather than $50,000 for a field house. I'm under the impression that they are more crowded than Chuckey Doak was eight years ago. If you ask me, an educational building should come before an athletic building, but it looks that neither will happen. West Greene is getting a few classrooms added on and an extra bathroom at the end of the school year. A mere bandaid that will have to be looked at again in ten years. Doesn't look like Chuckey Doak is getting a field house anytime soon either.

And when did I ever infer that I didn't want to read anything. This a good topic that I'm interested in. That is why I posted. Just cause you don't like what I say about it, don't get your panties all in a wad.

Edited by budkilmer

And when did I ever infer that I didn't want to read anything. This a good topic that I'm interested in. That is why I posted. Just cause you don't like what I say about it, don't get your panties all in a wad.

I like when I can banter back and forth with someone BUD. I was merely trying to state that C-D truly needs a new field house and a football facility upgrade. It is the worst in the county and perhaps the entire state. Football and Basketball bring in alot of money for the schools. I don't know of anyone that pays $8 bucks to watch a teacher give an English test. Thats the cold hard truth...I am just saying its time for the school board to do something....it is embarrassing. Not to mention Im sure its probably breaking some sort of fire code, there is only 1 way in and 1 way out for heavens sake. Greene County brings up the rear in all of their football facilities, in all of the county schools. They have made descent strides in the past few years but they are still way behind.

I like when I can banter back and forth with someone BUD. I was merely trying to state that C-D truly needs a new field house and a football facility upgrade. It is the worst in the county and perhaps the entire state. Football and Basketball bring in alot of money for the schools. I don't know of anyone that pays $8 bucks to watch a teacher give an English test. Thats the cold hard truth...I am just saying its time for the school board to do something....it is embarrassing. Not to mention Im sure its probably breaking some sort of fire code, there is only 1 way in and 1 way out for heavens sake. Greene County brings up the rear in all of their football facilities, in all of the county schools. They have made descent strides in the past few years but they are still way behind.

I will have to agree with the last part of you post. Greene County could use some changes. However, when I played, some time ago, away facilities were never that nice. As for your statement about English test and money. We have to remember why these kids to get to play sports for their school. Most coaches will tell you, education comes first. The kids need to learn and then play, no matter how much money is made at the game. Without school, some of these kids won't be making much money when they graduate. Regardless of who doesn't pay to watch a test.

I will have to agree with the last part of you post. Greene County could use some changes. However, when I played, some time ago, away facilities were never that nice. As for your statement about English test and money. We have to remember why these kids to get to play sports for their school. Most coaches will tell you, education comes first. The kids need to learn and then play, no matter how much money is made at the game. Without school, some of these kids won't be making much money when they graduate. Regardless of who doesn't pay to watch a test.

I think that is understood. The players know why they are in school. I just know who funds all of the other non-profit sports as well as many other academic programs. Football and Basketball Gate Money. Simple as that.