Clarksville NE @ HENDERSONVILLE

Newcastle

Quarterfinals in quadrant 3. Common opponents include:

Beech(NE victory 28-14)(HHS victory 16-15)

Henry County(NE loss 24-14)(HHS victory 24-10)

NE defeated Hendersonville last year in round one of the playoffs, 27-24 in triple overtime.

Both are fundamentally sound teams. HHS has great senior leadership, a stout line on both sides of the ball, and players with a lot of heart. Plus they have quite possibly the loudest student section that I have ever heard, creating difficult offensive possessions for the opposing team. NE has top notch speed on their side. Other than that, I dont really know much about them. Should be a dog fight at Memorial Stadium. I gotta pull for my Commandos in this one!

Edited by Newcastle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NE defeated Hendersonville last year in round one of the playoffs, 27-24 in triple overtime.

Both are fundamentally sound teams. HHS has great senior leadership, a stout line on both sides of the ball, and players with a lot of heart. Plus they have quite possibly the loudest student section that I have ever heard, creating difficult offensive possessions for the opposing team. NE has top notch speed on their side. Other than that, I dont really know much about them. Should be a dog fight at Memorial Stadium. I gotta pull for my Commandos in this one!

Congrats to both Northeast and Hendersonville. Northeast pulled out a nail-biter 6-3 over Clarksville and I heard Clarksville had the ball on the 1 yd line with 3 mins to go in the 4th and got stopped..wow Last years game between these two should fire Hendersonville up. They knocked out the tougher HC, now time to regroup, prepare for NE, and take care of business. They have speed as we already found out last year and how they knocked off Beech this year. Gonna be a good one..

I was a student at Hendersonville a few decades ago and my kids are students there now. We have had teams in the past thirty years who were contenders -- including the 1988 team who almost took the state title. In all those years, this years' Commandos team is generating the most excitement I've ever seen at that school. The passion among the team, the coaches, the band, the WAR TEAM (best student section in the state), the parents and the administration is amazing. I think this team has a genuine shot at going to Cookeville in a few weeks.

Although I do believe most people to pick Hendersonville as a slight advantge with being at home I don't believe that will get into the Commandos heads. This team is focused and almost have a sense of tunnel vision. They have bought in to what the coaches have taught them and play weeek in and week out for one another. They remain focused at practice and learn the game plan, watching as much film as possible. And the best thing is they only play for one more week. The game friday night is going to be a good one. Hendersonville welcomes all clarksville and surrounding sumner county fans to attend. Its going to be a packed house and the field is going to look beautiful.

Go Commandos.

3307ber.jpg

Photo Credit to Don McPeak

If the game against Northeast is close at all, the War Team will give HHS the edge. We showed up to HCHS with not even half of our regular crowd and still out numbered and out yelled their students. Our student section is the best in the state and we are pumped about this Commandos team. The HHS War Team Rocks! Go Commandos!!!!

I was a student at Hendersonville a few decades ago and my kids are students there now. We have had teams in the past thirty years who were contenders -- including the 1988 team who almost took the state title. In all those years, this years' Commandos team is generating the most excitement I've ever seen at that school. The passion among the team, the coaches, the band, the WAR TEAM (best student section in the state), the parents and the administration is amazing. I think this team has a genuine shot at going to Cookeville in a few weeks.

Wow, win a couple of playoff games and suddenly you start declaring parts of your program as best in state.....I'm amazed that you have been able to travel around the entire state this year to survey all student sections. After you win this week is it going to be best band in the state?......best concession stand in the state?.....best parking in the state?....

By the way, I do think you will win 20-10. Good luck Commandos

Edited by tandem

Commandos win!!!! Townsend Dye(2) Howell Priddy Kelly Brown Grey have all been playin football for a long time. I am proud to see them try to reach there goal of being state champions. (Just like Beech did last year). I would like to see Commandos win it all because i know all these boys and how much they put into the game. I also would like to see the State Title stay in district 9aaa. It would make some big games in the future. So Joe, Troy, Elijah, David, Brady, Whit,Chad, and Hunter do it like you have all your life and leave it all on the field. I know i am forgetting someone but i am getting older. I am rooting for you guys.

If the game against Northeast is close at all, the War Team will give HHS the edge. We showed up to HCHS with not even half of our regular crowd and still out numbered and out yelled their students. Our student section is the best in the state and we are pumped about this Commandos team. The HHS War Team Rocks! Go Commandos!!!!

I will say you brought one of the better student sections to that side in awhile. No way you outnumbered the student sections. The band was loud we never heard your students much. You did have more to yell about!!

That said I think HHS wins this one but NE could surprise you.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Northeast is a good football team. Just because Henry Co beat them doesnt mean this one is given to us. Yeah we got a good band, war team, and whatever. Thats great support and that pumps up the team yea it helps but this is about the football team. They upset Beech 2 weeks ago and last year knocked us out 1st round. We have to be well prepared and focused like we have been the past 2 weeks. My prediction is that Hendersonville will win this game but i'm definately not looking passed NE. Two good football teams, HHS looking for revenge from last season, gonna be another good one

I will say you brought one of the better student sections to that side in awhile. No way you outnumbered the student sections. The band was loud we never heard your students much. You did have more to yell about!!

That said I think HHS wins this one but NE could surprise you.

NE would not be a surprise win. HHS knows they have a great team rolling in friday.